Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2008, 11:18   #1
BHPian

Autocop Central Locking Issue

Team,

I have Indica which has Autocop Central locking system. With the system, I got 2 remotes. One of them is totally dead ( doesn't work even after installing new battery into the remote ) while the other has started having issues. It simply does not work at times ( I have to remove the battery, clean it and put it again inside remote ) and then it works again. This has happened to the new battery as well.

Also, most important is that I do not have any switch internally, to switch off the system so that I can use Keys to gain entry to the car. Whenever the remote does not work and I try key entry to the car, the car/system panics.

My main question is do I have to re-install the new central locking system or can I get 2 different sets of remotes configured to my car system? Also, I do not know the location of Autocop service Center in Pune where I can possibly get the remotes replaced (if possible).

Please let me know which of the above option is feasible and if possible contact number/address of Autocop service center in Pune.

takecare and drive safely

Rajesh Kavthekar
Indica - DLS - 86500KM - 17.2KMPL - Pune

Note from mod: Thread moved to correct section

Last edited by tsk1979 : 26th May 2008 at 11:23.
Old 26th May 2008, 11:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi contact Autocop service & get both the remotes replaced.
If its under warranty it will be free & if not then paid.

Call Milind on 09822186839, he is service engineer who I had once called as my hooter needed to be replaced.

My reference wont help as it was long back & he wouldnt know my name

Hope this helps.
Old 26th May 2008, 11:24   #3
Team-BHP Support

If your Autocop is less than 3 years old, get a new remote under warranty.
I could also be a problem with the RF module of your autocop. Contact their service center and they will advise you of the course of action
Old 9th February 2009, 19:33   #4
BHPian

I have installed AutoCop Keyless entry to Indica Vista. I have observed some kind of different behavior in this security system.

When I lock doors with remote. Key unlocking gets disabled. Even from inside you can not unlock door when u lock with remote. So the problem is that if I lock door with remote. and somehow remote fails to unlock the door then how would I get into the car? as manual opening gets disabled when I lock with remote.
Old 9th February 2009, 21:19   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
When I lock doors with remote. Key unlocking gets disabled. Even from inside you can not unlock door when u lock with remote. So the problem is that if I lock door with remote. and somehow remote fails to unlock the door then how would I get into the car? as manual opening gets disabled when I lock with remote.
That is a feature, not a bug!!!
Old 9th February 2009, 21:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
If it is a feature, it should be possible to have it disabled.
Old 9th February 2009, 22:21   #7
BANNED

I wish.

I have a low end autocop (2K). No way I can lock and unlock it silently. Feature? Yes, right? But no way I can disable that sound. (Like when parking in dead night just outside a hospital).
Old 10th February 2009, 10:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But no way I can disable that sound. (Like when parking in dead night just outside a hospital).
ɹǝʌıɹpʇɐǝsʞɔɐq, do you have the owner's manual for your Autocop? There ought to be a way to lock/unlock silently by pressing some button and then the lock/unlock, ie two presses required. Or ask at an Autocop dealer.
Old 10th February 2009, 12:40   #9
BHPian

Quote:
If this is a feature. Then Imagine I am on tour in a very dense forest and very remote area. I lock my car with remote. And after some time I go to unlock the car but I recognise that my remote failure. In this case How should I unlock the door?
Old 10th February 2009, 14:00   #10
BANNED

@anupmathur - nothing in the manual. It ia combined manual for 3 or 5 models; and each model is separately described. For silent operation, you need a three button remote; holding the middle button while using the unlock will do it silently for most models. But my remote has only 2 keys, so no silent operation. :-(

@sushantr5 - same way you will open the car when the remote fails inside a concrete jungle, I guess.

And I just noticed that most installers do not hook up the hatch / boot to the security system

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 10th February 2009 at 14:03.
Old 10th February 2009, 14:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And I just noticed that most installers do not hook up the hatch / boot to the security system
Oh they do! The tailgate on my car came wired the 'opposite' way!
What was the logic?
Maybe: "Now that you've locked the doors, the tailgate is unlocked for you to take out your baggage"!
Old 10th February 2009, 15:48   #12
BHPian

Quote:
No way I can lock and unlock it silently.
Hay,
If you have a remote that looks like this

Autocop Central Locking Issue-99502.jpg

Do try pressing both the keys together. If the car is locked, it will open 'silently', and if it is open, it will lock 'silently'.
Old 10th February 2009, 16:22   #13
BHPian

If you have an autocop system installed with two keys, press both the lock+unlock key together for silent arm/disarm.
Old 10th February 2009, 23:34   #14
BHPian

Hi Mate

Hope this link will help you see light through the end of the tunnel, in case you get locked out
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ks-me-out.html

Also, here's the link to autocop's website.
Welcome to AUTOCOP website [Total Security Solutions]

Feel free to call them and take the AMC. You'll buy yourself the peace of mind for the next 2-3 years for peanuts

cheers!
M2S
Old 21st April 2009, 13:54   #15
BANNED

Silent locking / unlocking with two button remote.

My 3 year old finally solved the mystery.

One fine day, couple of weeks back, after trying so many things, as I was thinking of posting to this thread, she snatched the remote from me, and started to play. Several locks and unlocks later, just as neighbours started to look out through the windows, I suddenly noticed that the car is getting locked /unlocked without making the beep sound.

Here is how she did it.

Press and hold both buttons together for a second or two. (any longer and you will trigger an alarm). Release them, and press the lock / unlock again. There is a delay of another second before the car locks / unlocks.

Now I know why that TV commercial shows a dad begging his kid to show (once again) how to find the cricket scores on the mobile phone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks