Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2008, 19:05   #16
BHPian

can u confirm the prices of the driveshaft. I heard its 9K each.
you might not need to replace the driveshaft. they would remove the driveshaft and replace the bearings inside.(to be done at a machine shop)
Old 28th May 2008, 20:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
you might not need to replace the driveshaft. they would remove the driveshaft and replace the bearings inside.(to be done at a machine shop)
Well since mycar is under warranty, its being replaced free of cost to me..
I asked them about the same open and replace.. but they said no as they prefer to replace the stuff. They also said that since CV is clip locked, maruti has instructed them not to open to repair instead send them back the defective piece so that they can analyse the QA.

About the price....

Invoice looks something like this
Shaft ASSY, Front Drive L ==> 3356.00
Labour==>Nil as its under warranty

I guess it costs the same on the right side as well
Old 28th May 2008, 20:45   #18
BHPian

yeah they would directly replace since its a warranty claim.
thanks for the pricing info. can you confirm with the Service advisor if the same shaft is also used on the alto 1.1 Vxi.
Old 28th May 2008, 23:00   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Yup shaft assembly should be around 3+k. Had got the same relaced under warranty albeit for a zen under warrranty. (pricing should be similar)

@rahul:Wanted to mention about your driveshafts actually as soon as you posted but since you mentioned your cv joints are ok i figured they ruled out yours drive shafts as well!
Old 29th May 2008, 07:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Yup shaft assembly should be around 3+k. Had got the same relaced under warranty albeit for a zen under warrranty. (pricing should be similar)

@rahul:Wanted to mention about your driveshafts actually as soon as you posted but since you mentioned your cv joints are ok i figured they ruled out yours drive shafts as well!
@Rohan I mentioned CV joints were OK because they said it on only visual inspection. But Since I insisted and reproduced the noise in their presence, they felt that it was indeed a problem. (these guys really take innocent people for a ride)
Later yesterday, I detailed chat with MASS technician who said that on a detailed closer look after disassembly, they found excess free play in the D.Shft. so they are replacing it and then check for the same noise again.

I managed to find few detailed photos of Drive Shaft Information from internet and am posting the same for others benefit.
Attached Thumbnails
Strange Rattling in Alto Lxi-vmplay_01.jpg  

Strange Rattling in Alto Lxi-vmplay_02.jpg  

Strange Rattling in Alto Lxi-vmplay_04.jpg  

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 29th May 2008 at 07:40.
Old 31st May 2008, 16:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Strange Rattling in Alto Lxi ~ SOLVED

Problem has been rectified by replacing the LHS and RHS drive shafts.
seems that they didnt leave any stone unturned. They found some play in the CV joint on the RHS axle as well Seems like aapna Maruti QC is going down

So far so good.. Now no noise coming on extreme tight left uturns as well @20~40kmph.

Mods please edit title of the thread to solved:Strange Rattling in Alto Lxi

Most Viewed