Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2008, 19:08   #1
BHPian

FI warning light constantly on - Palio Stile SLX

Guys,

Since the drive to Elagiri on 25th May, the red fuel injector light is constantly on in my car. Usually, it comes on when you turn the ignition and goes off when you crank.

I do not find any difference in performance or any other problems. What could be the reason for this?

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 28th May 2008, 19:26   #2
BHPian

one of your car's Fuel Injector must be faulty get it checked before it damages all the other four. usually using Bad fuel quality is also one of the reasons. (Fuel injectors can be cleaned and used again before you go for replace)

Experts do correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by FERRO : 28th May 2008 at 19:27.
Old 30th May 2008, 11:41   #3
BHPian

PatchyBoy take your car to the service stationa nd ask them to hook it up with th eECU Examiner. it will point out the error.

Dont drive much with the light on a sit will put extra load on the engine.
Old 30th May 2008, 11:45   #4
BHPian

PatchyBoy take the car to the service center and get it corrected before anything major happens.. it might be due to bad fuel quality, always stick to a good petrol bunk in your city, get it filled before leaving for a long drive and use minimal from other bunks as far as possible.
Old 30th May 2008, 12:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Worth a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Guys,

Since the drive to Elagiri on 25th May, the red fuel injector light is constantly on in my car. Usually, it comes on when you turn the ignition and goes off when you crank.

I do not find any difference in performance or any other problems. What could be the reason for this?

Cheers,
Rajan
I am probably wrong but try unscrewing the gas cap and then replace it so that it is snug. Then try the ignition switch again. When that does not work open the bonnet and inspect the fuel line for leaks. Do not do this with a cigarette dangling from your lip. You might have a look underneath, too, to see if the fuel line is leaking. Every once in awhile a rock or road debris gets thrown up by the tyres in such a way as to puncture a fuel line.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks