Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2011, 20:54   #31
BHPian

Re: My Lancer jerks at low rpms

Hi,
Glad to hear the problem in your case were the injectors.

Another reason for shuddering at low RPMs can be the engine mounts. Don't be surprised!

An engine is mounted on rubber or hydraulic mounts, which absorb the 'shocks' as the engine tries to twist in the direction opposite to the wheel movement.

A friend faced similar problem on his Honda City 1.5 Vtec. He tried all sorts of things like a spark plug change, fuel additives etc. The problem seemed to get solved, but cropped up again after a few days. maybe it was not actually solved, and a psychological thing.

So one day we were brainstorming, and the engine mounts hit me. popped the hood and told him to rev the engine. it was moving about more than normal. On detailed checkup, one of the mount's rubber was split which was allowing the engine to shake because of torque reaction at low revs. Changed the mount and the shuddering is gone for good now.
dhawcash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 10:19   #32
BHPian

Re: My Lancer jerks at low rpms

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhawcash View Post
Hi,
Glad to hear the problem in your case were the injectors.

Another reason for shuddering at low RPMs can be the engine mounts. Don't be surprised!
====
Changed the mount and the shuddering is gone for good now.
On the dot !

My Lancer had the same problem too, had to get the injectors cleaned but that did not solve it. A mechanic outside of the A.S.S suggested replacing the engine mounts and Voila ! She was back to normal !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks