Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2005, 01:25   #16

man do these filters make any difference in the performance of the car.........i don't think it wil make muck of a difference..
Old 8th March 2005, 03:21   #17
BHPian

hey dragster..buddy if these didn't really make a difference...they wouldn't be the world's best filter's..trust me there are very few people in india...who can actually install a K&N filter for you...the way it actually has to be installed...well as far as the difference that it makes is concerned...the box replacement filter can give a a raise in FE aswel as a 4bhp raise...and the conical filter(universal) is concerned if it is installed properly it can raise upto 10bhp..well thats a lot of difference..for so little...so if you do need to know anything else just pm me...cheers...!
Old 8th March 2005, 11:34   #18
BANNED

Any recommendations for what I can use for a Lancer 1.5? Also, where can i get it done in Mumbai?
Old 9th March 2005, 13:03   #19
BANNED

Can I fit this for my premier padmini..so that its FE is improved..Which type u guys suggest?
Old 11th March 2005, 00:47   #20
BHPian

hey boom shiva...i can get the K&n filter installed for you on your lancer 1.5 infact i have already installed it on 2 lancer's trust me the outcome is amazing..well i will only be able to suggest which filter for your car after i know how much are you willing to spend..so do pm me...if you need anything related with performance parts for a lancer...or for any other car for that reason...so do pm me if you need anything...cheers...!!
Old 13th March 2005, 17:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

iv read that these airfilters arent that effective
how much are they anyways
how much is a stock replacement

Does anyone have timings to prove heir effectiveness
Old 15th March 2005, 05:08   #22
BHPian

hey khanak...who ever told you they arent effective tell that person to come to me...i'll give him a filter replacement...if he doesn't find it effective...i wont charge him fot that...and well figures that you talk about..you can go and have a look at the K&N filter site www.knfilters.com..and after that if you arent convinced...then i cant say anything about it...cheers...!!
Old 15th March 2005, 10:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger
hey khanak...who ever told you they arent effective tell that person to come to me...i'll give him a filter replacement...if he doesn't find it effective...i wont charge him fot that...and well figures that you talk about..you can go and have a look at the K&N filter site www.knfilters.com..and after that if you arent convinced...then i cant say anything about it...cheers...!!

hey dragger,
please give me your address.i want to come to you.i have had a performance type k&n filter in my mpfi zen since the last 2 +years.i did not find any great improvement in the performance .the only good thing was that the exhaust note was diiferent.
regarding installation,i got if fitted KS,so u cannot doubt the installation as he is the one who does this on almost everyone's cars.
now that i have put my stock filter back,i am seeing an increase in FE over the k&n and also the performance has improved.but sadly the exhaust note is not that refined.
so i will be fitting a k&n again ,but this time it will be stock replacement filter.
i have seen this filter work on a Gypsy and an esteem,but strangely it did not do anything spectacular in a mpfi zen.

and about all the feedback replies at the k&n site,no one knows if these people who have replied really exist.

so its the stock replacement k&n for me.

cheers,
satya
Old 15th March 2005, 11:27   #24
BHPian

speedsatya:As of the price of a replacement filter for the Zen MPFi,it should cost you Rs.3190 (dealer price).It's surprising that the performance K&N filter has not shown any improvement in power or FE in your Zen.I'll take your word for it that the installer knows what he's doing.I haven't fixed any typhoon kits or universal filters as of yet,but seeing the difference using replacement filters,I believe that your car should have performed better..Maybe dragger can convince you otherwise?
Old 16th March 2005, 03:55   #25
BHPian

hey satya...its true that karan knows his work well and i have seen your setup under the hood...it was a while back that i had seen it...but from what i remember you had a k&n conical filter and a strut brace and performance ignition wires...not too sure though...and trust me the K&N filter the universal one...is a real pain when it comes to installing it...i mean if your talking about a raise in performance i cant understand why you couldn't feel it...on the other hand as far as i remeber you didn't have a custom made cold air induction kit...so your FE is bound to drop...as the filter sucks in hot air from the engine bay...so what i would suggest to you is that...relocate the filter to a position where it fits behind your front bumper...and then connect a pipe from it which leads to the throttle body..and on the other end where the pipe connects the throttle body...cover the piping with foil paper...just try it out...its not 100% affective but i'm sure it will change the way you think about the air filter...cheers...!!
Old 16th March 2005, 13:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

hey dragger,
thanx for your suggestions but i think its too late as i have already sold my filter to another T-bhpian.
and i do agree that it was actually the hot engine air that was affecting my performance.i did try on redirecting the AC air onto the filter for cooling the filter ,but then it was not a permanent solution when you have others with you on long drives.
also i had thought of making a vent above the filter ,but then it can get clogged easily due to the dust and also during rains one can face problems.

so i have decided on going for the Stock replacement K&n .
suppose ,one does relocate the filter to near the bumper ,wont the longer intake length cause a restriction to the air flow.

BTW i dont have the ignition kit,but have been thinking on one..the irirdium plugs also sukk on the zen.
but the platinum plugs from NGK are good.
so my next mods should be the plug wires and then it will be the ignition kit.

cheers
Old 17th March 2005, 04:56   #27
BHPian

hey buddy satya...ive installed a set of iridium plugs on a zen and a set or ngk plugs on another zen..well they dont seem to perform differently...all depends on where your car tunes and other stuff like the condition of your engine...you pistons your head yur shift ratio and many other things...well do keep the suggestions coming in...cheers...!!
Old 19th March 2005, 11:50   #28
BHPian

for a city 1.5 (old)

guys

wht K&N would be apt for the CITY 1.5

Hw much is the diff in power/efficieny?

Also, me got mixed reviews on the mileage dropping on fittin a K&N

Pls guide

thnx
Old 19th March 2005, 12:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

the safest option to install a k&n without any mods is to go for the stock replacement filter.

but as Iceman,Dom say,the performance filter also helps,but strangely it did not help in case.
Old 20th March 2005, 04:37   #30
BHPian

hey buddy scuderia...ive done a filter for a 1.5 exi... and the peformance difference is amazing...all i can tell you is ..the FE can be regulated if the filter is installed in the correct manner...i mean the main thing is keeping it away from the hot air in the engine bay..well i can get a custom made cold air intake piping done for you...and that should do the trick...so if you need any help regarding performance parts in mumbai or anywhere in india just pm me...cheers....!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks