Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2008, 15:15   #1
BHPian

Stock Replacement K&N filter for Octavia 1.9 D

[FONT=Tms Rmn]Hi,

I want to replace my existing air filter with a k&N stock replacement..

While i am checking on the K&N website i see 2 different part nos for the Octavia 1.9 post 2005 and pre 2005.

I believe this is because the Laura globally is currently sold as the Octavia.

Can any one help me identify the correct part no if they have replaced one in their car.

The 2 part nos are

33- 2865 (post 2005)
33- 2128 (Pre 2005)

need urgent help
Rgds
Hitin
[/FONT]
Old 3rd June 2008, 15:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Surely the pre 2005. Why don't you call up Methods/dealers and ask?
Methods - Contact Methods
Methods - Methods Dealers

You could also go in for Green filters.
Pete's Performance Products
Old 5th June 2008, 20:39   #3
BHPian

Hi,

I fitted a K & N stock replacement filter in my Estilo yesterday and hardly found any difference. Somewhere in these forums somebody has said that any increase in performance after fitting a K & N filter (stock replacement?) is only in the head! How sadly true!

Am regretting now that I didn't go for any of the performance filters of the same company. Don't want you to do the same! Please explore your options -- Stock replacement Vs performance filter.
Old 5th June 2008, 22:41   #4
BHPian

yah even I have tried the stock replacement filter in my accent.All the dif it made was psyclogical.It wasnt worth it at all..
Old 5th June 2008, 23:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

hitinv, yes the post 2005 is the New Octavia (Laura), you need to go with the Pre 2005
Old 9th June 2008, 12:41   #6
BHPian

Thanks for your responses..I have managed to solve my query..

Firstly Methods will never provide you the part nos since they sell it at 70-100% premium of the cost it is actually available internationally with K&N because of the duties and taxes in India which i personally feel is not right.. The best buy would be to get this through someone who is coming from the US or UK. the only thing you need to take care is that the part no is correct. K&N on its website has the application to search the part no by the Make,year,manufacturer and model of the car..I have been using this.

I did do some more research and personally went to the Skoda workshop and verified the dimensions of the 2 filters(for the Laura and octavia). Also took the SKODA manufacturing part no of the 2 filters and cross verified on the vehicle application tool on the K&N website.

The actual part nos for the 2 cars are
33-2128 for the Octavia in India.
33- 2865 for the Laura in India (globally sold as the Octavia post 2005)

These filters cost around 75$ and 60$ resp with K&N..

On the response on stock replacement, I had first replaced the one in my Optra 1.6 and could feel a considerable difference in the torque in the lower gears (1-2) which sucks in the Optra.. Was fun pulling the vehicle after that.cheers: Also replaced the same for my Santro automatic and Yes the diff is felt on the lower gears..you would feel the diff with a stock replacement only on the cars which have poor pickup in the lower gears..While on the higher gears the diff is negligibly felt. And as people say or K&N claims there is absolute no diff in the mileage.

Rgds
Hitin

Mods note: Post edited. Do not use font tags in your post.

Most Viewed