Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2009, 16:47   #16
BHPian

Hey nice explanation Blue Thunder. Also, as mentioned by you, can this be the major cause of rusting tail pipe?
Old 4th August 2009, 18:21   #17
BHPian

Good explanation!

How does good engine health equals to water in silencer?

Also why are fewer new cars having this water discharge?
Old 14th October 2009, 13:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

^^ I think you dint read the 15th post correctly. Its the cat con doing its job perfectly .
Old 14th October 2009, 13:52   #19
BHPian

Useful tips, my elders when used to buy used cars, one of test they check the silencer, if it spewing black smoke that means engine health is bad, if it spewing little water that means engine is in good condition.

If there is a problem in the silencer or muffler, the car will not run smoothly, it makes a difference if the silencer is good the cars well and silently.
Old 14th October 2009, 15:44   #20
BANNED

All cars condense water in the exhaust drum when cold. In fact they need to be run so that the water (and acid) are evaporated off. This is why exhaust life (in non SS units) is about the same irrespective of how much you drive.
Old 15th October 2009, 19:34   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagepoint5 View Post
Useful tips, my elders when used to buy used cars, one of test they check the silencer, if it spewing black smoke that means engine health is bad, if it spewing little water that means engine is in good condition.

If there is a problem in the silencer or muffler, the car will not run smoothly, it makes a difference if the silencer is good the cars well and silently.
Just having the Catalytic converter working doesn't makes an engine healthy. There are loads of other factors to consider !
Old 15th October 2009, 20:13   #22
BHPian

hey Guys,

My friend who works in Suzuki factory at Hosur suggests that the steam & further water indicates that the engine is getting the right ratio of fuel & air. The engine getting the right amount of mixture also means to the large extent the engine is sound too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks