Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2008, 10:05   #1
BHPian

Baleno Coolant issue

Hi,

I have a query regarding the coolant in my Baleno. I went to Motorcraft service guys about a month back for some minor job. There I came to know that there was no coolant in the coolant bottle under the bonnet. The service guy filled the bottle about half with water and told me not to worry and that the coolant will be added in the next service (which was due in about 15-20 days). I asked him if its ok to drive with only water and no coolant in the bottle he said its perfectly all right since the bottle contains only the reserve coolant / water.

Now, about 1 month later I got the car serviced (5th service). The service guy topped the coolant bottle with about half litre coolant instead of replacing the water with all coolant.

I would like to know is if it is ok to have a mix of water and coolant or should I get it replaced with pure coolant ??
Old 9th June 2008, 10:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Does not matter much, the coolant in the radiator is a mix of coolant and water anyways (60:40) and the coolant bottle is pure coolant.

If the level in the coolant bottle goes down, fill it up with pure coolant yourself. The level should be ideally between the Max & Min in the bottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit15 View Post
Hi,

I have a query regarding the coolant in my Baleno. I went to Motorcraft service guys about a month back for some minor job. There I came to know that there was no coolant in the coolant bottle under the bonnet. The service guy filled the bottle about half with water and told me not to worry and that the coolant will be added in the next service (which was due in about 15-20 days). I asked him if its ok to drive with only water and no coolant in the bottle he said its perfectly all right since the bottle contains only the reserve coolant / water.

Now, about 1 month later I got the car serviced (5th service). The service guy topped the coolant bottle with about half litre coolant instead of replacing the water with all coolant.

I would like to know is if it is ok to have a mix of water and coolant or should I get it replaced with pure coolant ??

Last edited by dadu : 9th June 2008 at 10:10.
Old 9th June 2008, 11:09   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Does not matter much, the coolant in the radiator is a mix of coolant and water anyways (60:40) and the coolant bottle is pure coolant.

If the level in the coolant bottle goes down, fill it up with pure coolant yourself. The level should be ideally between the Max & Min in the bottle.
Yeah Dadu right! Neways coolants come in 2 variants 1) Premixed with water 2) Concentrated . The second one needs to be diluted in 60:40 . Howver if your guy has given you the pre mixed one and diluted again then its not a right proceedure , though it wont matter much

cheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks