Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2008, 18:35   #76
Senior - BHPian

This happens a lot to all cars, it is not manufacturer specific. I think you probably have a pollution, wax, grease, cleaner chemical cocktail layer on the outside windscreen. You will not remove it unless you are willing to use a LOT of near boiling water, strong soap and muscle. You may have to repeat the dose 3 or 4 times, and clean the wipers or get new ones while you are at it.
DirtyDan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2008, 18:55   #77
BHPian

I suggest have it checked by proffesionals in that field....I would say take it to "Winshield experts". They do repairs and replacement for all windshields. Check if they have their shop in your city
Old 11th July 2008, 11:00   #78
BHPian

DirtyDan, I do not think the problem is due to contaminated surface of windshield. If so, ity would not be clear and satisfactory "other than 'milky layer' problem only during showers'.
Shreyas, do you think windshield of all over cars who experienced need any kind of repair? I hope not so.

Looks like there is no solution to eliminate the problem or workaround. Some-one here would already have addressed the concern by this time if there is any. I also feel that, not all of us have experienced the issue and so most of the posts on this thread are made without visualising the problem detailed in the first post of this thread.
Old 11th July 2008, 11:06   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
I think you probably have a pollution, wax, grease, cleaner chemical cocktail layer on the outside windscreen.

Can it just be that nowadays due to availability issues a lot more cars are running on premium fuel instead of ordinary.
Old 14th July 2008, 16:46   #80
BHPian

Situation unchanged

Dear Friends,

After all the discussion and suggestions here...I am very sad to say that the problem still persists.I miss the clarity I used to get two years back.The misty/milky layer makes my drive scary...especially in the night when the lights of the vehicle coming from the front is on my eyes
Old 14th July 2008, 16:50   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Switched to Bosch last week. Problem I was having has been resolved - had a little mistiness kind of area on the outside. This was clearly because of bad wipers.
Old 27th July 2008, 20:37   #82
BHPian

Switched to new Bosch ones too. Been using them a few days. They work like a charm. Raja I know you changed blades earlier but still faced the same issue, me too, but I really feel you should try again. Make sure you get the original ones through the company or distributor. You can check on the company website for contact details and download the official size spec sheet.
I had posted details of both in a different thread (sorry in a hurry or I'd do it here too, just search June/July threads for Bosch. ATB!
Old 28th July 2008, 10:42   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
Switched to new Bosch ones too. Been using them a few days. They work like a charm. Raja I know you changed blades earlier but still faced the same issue, me too, but I really feel you should try again. Make sure you get the original ones through the company or distributor. You can check on the company website for contact details and download the official size spec sheet.
I had posted details of both in a different thread (sorry in a hurry or I'd do it here too, just search June/July threads for Bosch. ATB!
Hi,

I have got original from authorised distributor of BOSh in Pune,M/s.Kotkar Automobiles,Pune.You can find his name on BOSH website as well.
Old 31st July 2008, 12:01   #84
Team-BHP Support

Installed some local wipers for 200/-. Bosch (wipers) and time (mine) not available.

waiting for it to rain.

Rain Rain come again,
Little Jhonny wants to play.
Old 5th August 2008, 02:07   #85
BHPian

Raja, how's the experience with the new blades been? After a fortnight's use I'm seeing that mist but just for a second and then the blades take care of it. Much much better than stock wipers.
Also can anyone confirm, for the Swift, these are just supposed to clip in, right? Because I changed them myself and want to be 100% sure.
Old 5th August 2008, 14:01   #86
Senior - BHPian

Try using the thermostat setting to get the right ambient temperature so that there is no mfogging up either on the inside or outside. It works.
And add colin to your windshield washer tank to remove grease from the glass.

Last edited by wanderernomad : 5th August 2008 at 14:02.
Old 5th August 2008, 14:16   #87
Senior - BHPian

I find that keeping 2 windows 'crack' open also works!
May the Lord help you if it's freezing conditions outside!
Old 5th August 2008, 14:35   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja748 View Post
Dear Friends,

After all the discussion and suggestions here...I am very sad to say that the problem still persists.I miss the clarity I used to get two years back.The misty/milky layer makes my drive scary...especially in the night when the lights of the vehicle coming from the front is on my eyes
Hi Raja, I was facing the exact same problem with my ikon. THis time when i got it serviced the service advisor suggested a change of wiper blades as the older ones had gone hard. It has solved the problem.
Would suggest you change the wipers.
Old 5th August 2008, 14:40   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Would suggest you change the wipers.
He changed the wipers to Bosch Blades as mentioned in the first post...

I am a complete novice here, but will putting a cleaning agent/colin in the windscreen washer reservoir help?

If this milky layer is indeed oil/grime from the atmosphere, then we can spray some of the windscreen washer fluid and clean the windscreen on the move... right?

This experiment will also confirm is the layer of dirt is responsible for the impaired vision...

Last edited by AbhiJ : 5th August 2008 at 14:42.
Old 5th August 2008, 15:28   #90
Senior - BHPian

I am facing the same problem. No matter whether it is raining or dry outside, the moment I switch off the AC after a few mins of operation, the inside windscreen becomes heavily misty/foggy. I tried opening the window but it doesnt help. As a last resort, I direct cold/hot air to the windscreen (though still in RECIRC mode) and it clears the windscreen momentarily, but the problem still persists. Is there a permanent solution to this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks