Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2017, 21:28   #211
BHPian

Re: Baleno - passenger side window fogging up

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
During nights, I usually drive with Auto AC at 26 deg, what temp do you set?
I assume this could be happening due to low temp being set in car.
Try closing the left most blower to close position and check if that happens.
I usually keep the inside temp at 24 deg when the outside temp is around 24-25 deg. While coming home today I tried closing the position of the left most blower, and surprisingly I didn't observe any foggy accumulation.

I will try this approach for few more days both while going to office and coming home. Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 22:24   #212
BHPian

Re: Baleno - passenger side window fogging up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonification View Post
I usually keep the inside temp at 24 deg when the outside temp is around 24-25 deg. While coming home today I tried closing the position of the left most blower, and surprisingly I didn't observe any foggy accumulation.

I will try this approach for few more days both while going to office and coming home. Thanks
I believe your problem is the same.

IMHO, condensation forming on glass has only one reason. The glass is way cooler than the air that comes in contact with it. Here, the condensation is forming on the outside, which means that the glass is way cooler than the outside air.

Hence your solutions can be two.

1) Set your a/c temperature to a higher setting as a4anurag advised. It is possible that your a/c is currently set to a value way lower than the outside temperature, and this must be cooling the glass from the inside, causing condensation to form on the outside.
2) The effect can be accelerated if the louvers on the a/c vents are blowing the a/c effluent directly onto the glass, which would cool down the glass faster. Hence redirecting the a/c vents away from the glass panel also should provide some relief. However, if your a/c setting is too cold, this will only delay the onset of frosting, not completely eliminate it altogether.

This is my humble opinion.
S.H.Shankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 17:38   #213
BHPian

I do have a solution which I have tried and found to be working in non automotive situations. Rub soap / face wash on the windshield like you rub polish on a vehicle. The glass should not fog. It is working flawlessly in my bathroom even after taking hot showers. Rest for aircon settings, other members have replied. By the way the method works for looking glasses and helmet visors.
roamer012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 00:43   #214
BHPian

re: Foggy or misty windshields - help!

Anyone tried this ?
Does this work ??

Quote:
To summarize, tooth paste is the best item to prevent your windows from fogging.

How to apply?

Clean all the windows, apply toothpaste gently to the window area and spread it. Once it is spread, clean it off with a cloth. As you can see in the video, this is a very effective way of preventing your windows from fogging up. So spend a couple of minutes to do this exercise and you will be rewarded by windows that don’t fog up.
Source
Old 19th March 2019, 14:38   #215
BANNED

Re: Foggy or misty windshields - help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
Anyone tried this ?
Does this work ??

Source
Yes, I had tried this and the result was mixed(50-50).
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 23:48   #216
BHPian

I have been facing this fog issue on my car. I made a nasty mistake of defrosting my wind shield during snow season with cold water and I guess this damaged the sealing on my windows and wind shield. I checked with the mechanic and he would quote a huge sum to get this fixed. Given that such a thing happens only during the winter season, I would stay away from spending big bucks ton fix this.

I now need a grandma recipe to get this fixed. I did watch the video with those 5 different home products and I plan to give the toothpaste a try. Is there any other suggestion that works effectively? What do you guys think?
Old 20th November 2019, 11:02   #217
Senior - BHPian

On a slightly off topic:

Does windshield have a life span? I mean, do they deteriorate over a period of years. Is it worth replacing the windshield after say 15 years?
Old 20th November 2019, 11:12   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post

Does windshield have a life span? I mean, do they deteriorate over a period of years. Is it worth replacing the windshield after say 15 years?
Hi
Not sure about deterioration per se. But scratches etc on the glass do inhibit a clear vision. There are services available in the market who clean and polish the glass surface to a brand new shine. Most recently i heard about the same in Dhankawadi, Pune. Let me see if i can get any details about their products and procedure.

Edit:
Found few threads on teambhp itself. Request you to continue discussing there, and PMing guys in bangalore for help.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumba...ur-mumbai.html (Windshield Polishing & Detailing: Glass Polish India Ltd (Chembur, Mumbai))

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...removal-6.html (Windshield Scratches removal)

Last edited by Torq : 20th November 2019 at 11:19. Reason: Added links
Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 07:51   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
.... and I guess this damaged the sealing on my windows and wind shield. ..
What do you mean by sealing? What exactly is the problem you face while you drive? is the windshield leaking in because the rubber beading has gone bad? or did it develop scratches on the windshield that you get a lot of glare or lacks a clear vision?

If it's later, I did try the glass polishing/rubbing technique and it worked very well for me - when I bought a pre-owned Innova several years ago which came with a lot of scratches on its windshield. After I got it fixed this way, we used the car for 7+ years before selling it. Never again I struggled with the night driving. But yes, it better be done with an experienced technician.

If it's former, where the water is leaking in at the edges of the windshield because the rubber has gone brittle or it developed some cracks, then there are windshield sealants available in the market. If not expensive ones, I suppose you could use a simple and cheap Fevicol Allfix (Rs.35 a tube) or anything similar epoxy clear adhesive (not the Quickfix liquid type).

HTH!
Old 8th September 2020, 15:34   #220
BHPian

Hey TBHPians,

I have been facing a peculiar problem when it comes to fogging. There is an AC vent which blasts air on the windshield, which leads to a small foggy patch on the windshield. Only the region receiving the AC air gets foggy, and I have not been able to find a setting to switch off the air blowing from the duct in the car (2014 Audi A4).

Any pointers for this.
Old 10th September 2020, 11:45   #221
BHPian

Try to get the windshield polished from 3M or any garage. Makes a big difference.
adi58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 10:54   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi58 View Post
Try to get the windshield polished from 3M or any garage. Makes a big difference.
Thanks adi58.

My query really is to figure out a way to cut AC air coming from the front vent. There is no option available in the car settings. Don't know if there is a tweak available via VCDS.
Old 11th September 2020, 11:06   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhineet Singh View Post
There is an AC vent which blasts air on the windshield, which leads to a small foggy patch on the windshield. Only the region receiving the AC air gets foggy,
Have you experienced this typically when it is raining outside?

I think you're setting the temperature too low OR the ac louvres are set at Auto.

1. You could set the temperature 2degrees up and see

Or

Set the louvre button to direct air only towards the cabin and see

2. Although unconventional, you could also get around this by placing something on the vent so that the air doesn't blow on the windscreen

OR

use something to deflect the air from that vent towards the cabin.
Old 11th September 2020, 11:21   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post

I think you're setting the temperature too low OR the ac louvres are set at Auto.
The temperature was set at 23°C but the day had high humidity without any downpour. The AC was mainly at Auto mode but I did fiddle with the outside air circulation by switching it on and off, which provided no relief. I think I directed the air towards the cabin only but I am not sure. I will recheck with these settings.

Trying to avoid the unconventional way but if nothing else works, will cover the vent.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 7th December 2020, 19:28   #225

Best explanation! It helped me to understand how it fogs up on Windshield and how to counter the situation. Thanks a lot!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks