Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2008, 11:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja748 View Post
Hey Nishant,

then how did you tackle this issue of mist from outside?It is really a pain to drive in night when lights of other vehicles fall on your eyes.
Actually my issue is still un-resolved. I have to probably get my wiper blades replaced.
Old 9th June 2008, 11:25   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As soon as rain starts I change AC setting to this mode,with internal air circulation ON.
IMO, that is causing the problem!

Don't put it in defrost mode as soon as rain starts. Use ac with regular fan mode. The a.c dehumidifies the air while cooling it, which will prevent formation of fog on the inside.Put it in defrost only if fogging happens on the inside of the windshield, and once it is cleared, put it back to regular fan mode with a.c on.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th June 2008 at 11:26.
Old 9th June 2008, 11:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Actually my issue is still un-resolved. I have to probably get my wiper blades replaced.
ya if the wiper is not swiping properly tiny droplets remain and when the lights falls on them it defragments and the situation becomes worst
Old 9th June 2008, 11:32   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Agreed. even I have been told the same thing by Hyundai.

AC to be used only on Cool mode. On Heater mode, no AC required.
the fog/mist thing used to irk me a lot. now i just turn the blower to the wind screen mode. the ac automatically turns on. i just turn the air to hot and the mist is taken care of. this includes the mist form inside. i am not sure if the mist is formed outside too. it works for me in my accent. try it and i hope it works. you have got to try these options and try to help yourself.
cheers,
Harsha
Old 9th June 2008, 11:34   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Question is why just one side.

@Raja, a few questions for you:
1. Normal way of avoiding fogging of front windshield during rains is to switch on A/c - typically max cooling (to speed up the process) and direct the cooled air towards the windshield only. Fan speed of 1 or 2 would be enough.

Are you doing this much only, or what exactly are you doing ? Pls elaborate.

Suggest you start with the above steps & try changes like faster fan speed. Using warm air is something I am hearing for the first time - but if it works for you also, fine.

2. When this problem has happened, have you stopped the car in a suitable place and checked if there's anything on the windshield outside, where the problem is happening ?

3. Clean the windshield (esp in that area) using a cleaning agent.

4. Sonax has a windshield cleaning agent - a small bottle. Suggest you add this to your windshield spray water reservoir/tank.

5. Try faster wiper speeds initially & things improve, come back to normal speeds (as required).

Condensation : the act or process of reducing a gas or vapor to a liquid or solid form.

That's one of the meanings, and I think most apt for this situation.

When the car is in rain, there's already water outside. The outside of the glass wouldnt have any further wetting, since it is already wet.
Hi,

I am following the same thing mentioned in your point no.1
2.I did not stopped,because I was on highway and it ws raining heavily.
3.I have MGA glass cleaner.Will it help?
4.I will try sonax
5.I tried faster wiper speed but it did not worked.
Old 9th June 2008, 11:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Well then buy and try this Anti-Fog and please post the results.
Old 9th June 2008, 12:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

Logic for the condensation of either at inside or outside of windshield is same, temperature difference between inside cabin and outside.

Now if you see condensation outside, this is a combination of low inside temperature and dirty windshield glass.

So first try to run the wiper without any Air Circulation, if that does not works, try defrost with fresh air mode, and if that also does not work, try defrost option with hot air.

Also in rains, clean the outside surface of glass properly with colin or soft detergent. And in washer container fill water with some detergent(small pouch of shampoo is good), or adder like the one available at MGA.

Opening window a bit also helps if you don't mind some drops of rain coming inside .
Old 9th June 2008, 12:17   #23
Team-BHP Support

Put the temp setting to hot and position the air flow to windshield, keep the ac on for de humidifying the interiors. Faced the same issue with slow drive through state highways in kerala day before yesterday evening and the above mentioned procedure helped. As the speed drops the hot air from the bonnet aggravates the situation and the heater mode help the window to be kept warm from inside also.
Old 9th June 2008, 12:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Put the temp setting to hot and position the air flow to windshield, keep the ac on for de humidifying the interiors. Faced the same issue with slow drive through state highways in kerala day before yesterday evening and the above mentioned procedure helped. As the speed drops the hot air from the bonnet aggravates the situation and the heater mode help the window to be kept warm from inside also.
Hello,

Did you mean to say that I should use heater when AC is on?
Also,please someone let me know that if it is right when I am using internal air circulation while using windshield defogger?GOD...I never faced this problem before as I am driving this car since more than 3 years now
Old 9th June 2008, 12:33   #25
BHPian

I am very confused because I did the things which I am doing since last 2-3 years during rainy season.I never experienced this problem before.Why only now..Same place,same car,same AC setttings,same kind of rain..I am really unable to figure it out..
Old 9th June 2008, 12:42   #26
BHPian

I too face this problem regularly during monsoons. It happens due to temp difference as already discussed. Mist forms on the outside when it is cooler inside the cabin, the wiper wipes the glass clean & dry, the humid air gets an opportunity to come in contact with the cold glass, and moisture condenses on it. Hence, the solution is to somehow minimise the temp difference between outside and inside.
One method is to switch on the fan on fresh air intake mode, without ac, and keep one window slightly open. Another method is to switch on the heater, and direct the airflow towards the windshield so that it heats up to same as outside temperature. Then change to fresh air mode, with maybe slight cooling.
But, in the end, it is always hit and trial depending upon the prevailing weather conditions.
Old 9th June 2008, 12:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Did you mean to say that I should use heater when AC is on?
Also,please someone let me know that if it is right when I am using internal air circulation while using windshield defogger?GOD...I never faced this problem before as I am driving this car since more than 3 years now
If you've read my post, I said 'Yes' to using heater along with AC. The right mode while using heater is fresh air, not recirculated air.
Old 10th June 2008, 09:44   #28
BHPian

My problem is solved upto 98%

Dear friends,

Yesterday I have used all the suggestions posted by you in reply to my query.I am happy to say that my problem is nearly resolved now.

Thanks a lot all of you for your valued replies.

Warm Regards,

Rajendra
Old 10th June 2008, 11:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear friends,

Yesterday I have used all the suggestions posted by you in reply to my query.I am happy to say that my problem is nearly resolved now.

Thanks a lot all of you for your valued replies.

Warm Regards,
Rajendra

Good to know this. Do let us know which suggestion worked best.
Old 10th June 2008, 21:54   #30
BHPian

Raja are you sure it is the condensation or oil streaks on the outside of the windshield?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks