Team-BHP - BRC MPFI CNG Kit?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   BRC MPFI CNG Kit? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/41457-brc-mpfi-cng-kit.html)

Hi, I tried searching but couldn't find about the above....

I'm planning to buy a Tata Xeta and put a CNG kit. The dealer advised me to go in for a BRC MPFI kit and quoted me 62K for it. I feel thats on a higher side. He also told me that Shrimankers are no longer associated with TATA and I need to get the CNG fixed from them only to avoid warranty issues.

Can someone advise? Where should I get the CNG installed from to avoid warranty issues? Is the BRC thing better than normal one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 876337)

I'm planning to buy a Tata Xeta and put a CNG kit. The dealer advised me to go in for a BRC MPFI kit and quoted me 62K for it. I feel thats on a higher side. He also told me that Shrimankers are no longer associated with TATA and I need to get the CNG fixed from them only to avoid warranty issues.

Can someone advise? Where should I get the CNG installed from to avoid warranty issues? Is the BRC thing better than normal one?

why dont u buy the newly launched indica Xeta LPG instead. and yes you have to speak to your dealer once before u plan to put an outside kit, to ensure that ur warranty doesnt get void.

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 876337)

Bro the price quoted to you is a very good deal because a CNG MPFi kit or more commonly known as Sequential Injection Kits are available at around 70k. These kits are very good as compared to normal kits as they provide maximum efficiency and performance.

Panky,

The BRC kit is good, but its a 4 Gen Sequential. which functions like a sequential, but also does give petrol running option.

However the advantage over closed loop is great, and It has my recommendation.

Please note that putting in sequential, will need replacement of the Intake manifold and drilling into the new manifold.

Shrimanker does only Open or Closed loop fittments. BRC is the new OEM for Sequential kit.

At 55 K + RTO work, its a great buy. Go for it.

If Tata Indica Xeta CNG is available at the showroom, pick it up.
Or pick up a diesel Indica.

Why are u particular about petrol + CNG?

thanks guys

@wolf: its 62 + 2,500 for insurance extra
@ nitrous: no factory fitted option is available, already have a diesel indigo. want something to run real cheap. also, the warranty doesn't get void.

Update: The car is steady Rs. 1.26/km on BRC CNG kit, is it OK? Heard perkm costs are under 1 Re.

Is this the CNG sequential injection kit that you enquired about earlier,panky??

yep, thats right nitrous! thats the same one..

1.26 does sound a little on the higher side. Speak to Wolfie and confirm though.

i recollect wolfie gets around 15.5 - 16km/Kg, that amounts to around Re. 1.22/km.

Currently my Esteem with a clogged air filter is giving approx .90 - 1.00 Rs/-per KM. And i seriously, find it on the higher side.

The best i could do was one way to the border of Ludhiana from delhi on a tank full of 180/- Rs Gas.

Keep your airfilter clean and see the average go up. Also i feel short distance travels really kills the average.

esteem is known to give the similar results as you posted here.. just wanted to have an opinion from any Indica + CNG user.

Bump.... no CNG users here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 1036417)
Bump.... no CNG users here?

huh...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-cng-cars.html

cheers: