Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2008, 17:39   #1
BHPian

Help Required for Ford Ikon & info regading a good mechanic in Bangalore.

Hi folks,

I have noticed lately that my Ikon's front left tyre is getting uneven tread wear on the inner most side.Also the tyre position doesn't feel straight to me. It seems to be protruding out. I went for Wheel alignment & the guy there advised me to get the car checked for camber repairs.

Before going for a checkup, I want advise on what could the cause be. Is it due to faulty lower arm?

Also the silenser assembly needs to be replaced & as i have recently shifted to Bangalore ( I am in Brookefields) , I would request Bangalore members to guide me to a good car mechanic.

lastly, if you guys can let me know what i needed to shell for camber repairs / lower arm replacement & for a new silenser assembly.

The car in question is Ikon 1.6 2003 model.
Old 23rd June 2008, 18:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Pankaj,
PM our own Bangy Tbhpians "snaronikar",benbsb29(benny) and sammyboy(samarth) for your queries. I suppose these guys will give you clear pointers.
Old 24th June 2008, 15:14   #3
BHPian

Thanks VJ. I have PMed the members you have named.

Other Experts please give your suggestions on the issues i am facing.
Old 24th June 2008, 15:21   #4
Team-BHP Support

Highly recommned suraksha, in adugodi. Although Maruti service station, they do a good job with diligence
Old 24th June 2008, 15:40   #5
Team-BHP Support

Pankaj, defintiely seems to be a problem with your alignment which is leading to the uneven tyre wear. As you rightly said, make it a point to get the camber settings also checked.

I would suggest you get it checked from Cauvery Ford (now called Magnum Honda) on Kanakpura road, or some good tyre shop. I think Madhu's is a good option?

Ajmat's option is also worth checking out. Have heard good things about them on the forum.
Old 24th June 2008, 16:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi Pankaj, I would suggest getting a second opinion regarding the wheel alignment (it obviously is an alignment/camber issue), just to be on the safe side from a good place. Ajmat and Benny have mentioned some and though I am not familiar with them, please do have it checked from there. Maybe Ajmat and Benny would be able to give you their contact info and address so it is easier to reach there.
Regarding a faulty lower arm, did u happen to bump your car tyre on to something or went into a pot hole too hard? It usually takes some abuse to have a faulty lower arm, though you can never be sure of those things.

I have been a Metro Ford customer (near MG Road, before Koshys on the opposite side of the road) and have been satisfied by the service rec'd however would be good if you check with Cauvery also once as have heard better reports for them.

Last edited by sammyboy : 24th June 2008 at 16:15. Reason: addition
Old 24th June 2008, 19:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

As others has mentioned it, it certainly is a alignment issue. The cauvery Ford (Now Magnum Honda) on Kanakapura road no longer is a ford A**. Hence the only authorised A** left in Bangalore is Metro Ford. I do not want to comment on the servicing of this as I have not experienced on this dealer on A**. But one more ford A** called Lathangi Ford Opp to IIM Bangalore is a new dealer in place of Cauvery Ford. You may try it.

If you are staying in Bangalore (West), I would recommend to try United Motors at Rajajinagar Industrial Town. He does a pretty decent job.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by snaronikar : 24th June 2008 at 19:30.
Old 24th June 2008, 19:39   #8
BHPian

Thanks a lot ajmat, benbsb29 & samyboy for your suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Highly recommned suraksha, in adugodi. Although Maruti service station, they do a good job with diligence
As you mentioned it is maruti service station, do they take cars from other manufacturers. if you have the address, will you please pass that to me ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I would suggest you get it checked from Cauvery Ford (now called Magnum Honda) on Kanakpura road, or some good tyre shop. I think Madhu's is a good option?

Ajmat's option is also worth checking out. Have heard good things about them on the forum.
benbsb29 is cauvery ford still accepting ford cars. just saw an ad today in paper for Magnum Honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Regarding a faulty lower arm, did u happen to bump your car tyre on to something or went into a pot hole too hard? It usually takes some abuse to have a faulty lower arm, though you can never be sure of those things.

I have been a Metro Ford customer (near MG Road, before Koshys on the opposite side of the road) and have been satisfied by the service rec'd however would be good if you check with Cauvery also once as have heard better reports for them.
I just got my car from delhi through packers n movers and the driver who came to drop my car at my place admitted that he went over a big stone quite hard. the impact from the stone is so huge that even the tyre has got a cut. That's the reason why i am suspecting a faulty lower arm.

Is Metro ford service center also at MG Road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
As others has mentioned it, it certainly is a alignment issue. The cauvery Ford (Now Magnum Honda) on Kanakapura road no longer is a ford A**. Hence the only authorised A** left in Bangalore is Metro Ford. I do not want to comment on the servicing of this as I have not experienced on this dealer on A**. But one more ford A** called Lathangi Ford Opp to IIM Bangalore is a new dealer in place of Cauvery Ford. You may try it.

If you are staying in Bangalore (West), I would recommend to try United Motors at Rajajinagar Industrial Town. He does a pretty decent job.

Hope this helps.
Thanks snaronikar for confirming that Cauvery doesn't accept ford cars any more.

I stay in Brookefields (south east ) so might be i'll try to check Suraksha as ajmat pointed out or will go to Metro

Last edited by pankaj_sachdeva : 24th June 2008 at 19:42.
Old 25th July 2009, 17:16   #9
BHPian

Help Required for Ford Ikon & info regading a good mechanic in Bangalore

Can someone suggest a good & trusted Ford mechanic in Bangalore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks