Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2008, 22:33   #1
BHPian

Something wrong with my Dzire, I don't know what.

My Dzire has done 1100 kms and since the very beginning i have been noticing that the engine is not as refined as that of a friend's swift.
By refinement I mean that I often feel the roughness of the road on the three pedals. Or maybe its not the road but I do feel some vibrations on the pedals and the gear. Moreover I feel some grinding sound from the engine. I drove a friends swift again and felt that the rough engine sound in my car was not in the friend's swift.

During the first service I could not convince the service guy that there was something wrong. He insisted that the car is like that only and the pedals cannot be completely free from all vibrations.
I thought that things might get better after the first service , but nothing of that kind happened.

Am I just being stupid ?
Old 23rd June 2008, 23:15   #2
Team-BHP Support

Could you explain more wrt sound, is it in any particular rpm or general roughness, and the car is Petrol or Diesel?

Also what about the vibration, how do you feel the vibration in all 3 pedals? Acc is kinda shielded away from the chassis for vibration to crop in.

In short more detailed post might help.
Old 23rd June 2008, 23:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

your engine is just 1100 kms old. how old is your friends swift? in the initial stages any new engine appears to be coarse in the wearout/setting stage. things will be fine once it does about 3-5 k kms.
Old 23rd June 2008, 23:26   #4
BHPian

It'll be difficult to explain the sound and vibration but I'll try.

the sound is somewhat like something rubbing against a moving part- a grinding kind of sound... like kuchh engine mein fans raha ho.

This happens at usually a high rpm. Even if it as low rpm, it is very less to be noticed.

The vibration in the pedals is similar. as if they were slightly touching a moving part.

And yes I forgot to mention. The vibration in the brake pedal becomes very prominent when braking hard, as if something is resisting my pushing down of brake pedals. I dont have ABS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
your engine is just 1100 kms old. how old is your friends swift? in the initial stages any new engine appears to be coarse in the wearout/setting stage. things will be fine once it does about 3-5 k kms.
My friends swift is 10k kilometres old.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd June 2008 at 23:31. Reason: Use edit while posting within 15 minutes
Old 23rd June 2008, 23:36   #5
Team-BHP Support

Can i assume its diesel, if so the vibration at hard braking might be due to tranny begging for some clutch activation, with the heavier flywheel disengaging the clutch. Again if its diesel then it needs 10 to 15k to make it really free and smooth.

Apart from the above am sorry, i think these symptoms are really hard to put a finger on over a forum post, unless someone else faced similar issue and identify the same.
Old 23rd June 2008, 23:41   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Can i assume its diesel, if so the vibration at hard braking might be due to tranny begging for some clutch activation, with the heavier flywheel disengaging the clutch. Again if its diesel then it needs 10 to 15k to make it really free and smooth.

Apart from the above am sorry, i think these symptoms are really hard to put a finger on over a forum post, unless someone else faced similar issue and identify the same.

Sorry, I forgot to mention. Petrol it is.
Old 24th June 2008, 00:54   #7
Team-BHP Support

Petrol rough engine at higher revs = consult a A S S, should be free reving and maybe a lil harsh on sound bit but not rough
Old 24th June 2008, 09:55   #8
BHPian

@ Mentos, are you sure you are following the proper 'run in' procedure for your car? You mentioned that the harshness is noticible perticularly at high RPMs. According to me, you shoudnt be exceeding 2500 rpms atleast until first 2k kms.

This i am saying because one of my friend's Swift Vxi has permanently become harsh in nature as he used to drive at high rpms shifting the gears at their limits from the day-one he bought his car.
Old 24th June 2008, 10:41   #9
BHPian

Seems to me as though it is either expected behavior or some new issue off the manufacturing line. I have the exact same issue on my new Swift Vxi (1 week old)!! But I saw this symptom at low RMPs (I'm keeping within 2.5K)....

I took it back to the dealer the very second day. but the supervisor there had a test drive on all kinds of roads and said that he can't feel the problem. He said if there is truly a problem, then it'll magnify itself and can be rectified later and since there is warranty, there is no need to worry!

Now I'm living with the issue. I didn't have any such issue on my new Baleno, when I got it.

~Nitin

Last edited by sonic : 24th June 2008 at 10:43.

Most Viewed