Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2008, 21:04   #1
BANNED

air filter wet

hi friends today i had to drive in heavy rainfall and water on road, i found my m800 carb jerking and i had to keep my foot on accelerator to keep it running .so as soon as i returned home i opened the air filter ,strange thing that the air filter was wet i never noticed this earlier how could the water have reached there as it is at the top.
Old 24th June 2008, 21:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

What made you open the air filter in the first instance? I also find it strange that the air filter got wet since it is mounted on the top. The jerking could be for moisture/water in distributor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
hi friends today i had to drive in heavy rainfall and water on road, i found my m800 carb jerking and i had to keep my foot on accelerator to keep it running .so as soon as i returned home i opened the air filter ,strange thing that the air filter was wet i never noticed this earlier how could the water have reached there as it is at the top.
Old 25th June 2008, 00:42   #3
Team-BHP Support

Whatever be the reason, attend to the car asap. Replace the air filter and do a proper tune up. Does your 800 have air filter inlet on the fenders? If so some water might have got sucked in while driving through water.
Old 25th June 2008, 08:28   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Whatever be the reason, attend to the car asap. Replace the air filter and do a proper tune up. Does your 800 have air filter inlet on the fenders? If so some water might have got sucked in while driving through water.
it is near the fender but there are no places from where water can enter . the air filter was wet enough as if it has been flooded by water.
Old 25th June 2008, 15:35   #5
BHPian

That is something weird. The filter is on the top most part of the engine in case of M800. However, in case of MPI engine try cleaning the injectors or carburetors, also the spark plugs.

BTW: as gd1418 has mentioned.. what prompted you to check the Air Filters ?
Old 25th June 2008, 17:15   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip27in View Post
That is something weird. The filter is on the top most part of the engine in case of M800. However, in case of MPI engine try cleaning the injectors or carburetors, also the spark plugs.

BTW: as gd1418 has mentioned.. what prompted you to check the Air Filters ?
as the engine started jerking i thought may there be some dirt in carb or filter is clogged so i open the filter and found it wet
Old 25th June 2008, 17:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

at what speed did you go through the water and were their any cars in front of you

and was the filter properly closed
Old 25th June 2008, 17:31   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
at what speed did you go through the water and were their any cars in front of you

and was the filter properly closed
filter was closed properly . there were no cars in front as it was morning time around 6 am and it was raining heavily . speed was not much as there was water on road around half the tyre.
Old 25th June 2008, 17:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
filter was closed properly . there were no cars in front as it was morning time around 6 am and it was raining heavily . speed was not much as there was water on road around half the tyre.
i would suggest you take the car to A.S.S and have it checked immediately
Old 25th June 2008, 18:07   #10
BHPian

Check the spark plugs too,its easy water to go there in heavy rains,it causes major jerking at times.
Old 26th June 2008, 00:49   #11
Senior - BHPian

i am just guessing the side fender rubber is damaged and this let the rain water seep into the filter box placed near it?

or do the wind shield cleaning water container's pipe go near it?

did the air filter have any kind of smell? foul, or coolant's? etc?

is the air filter box properly sealed? any leaks in it by any chance?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks