Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2008, 19:29   #1
BHPian

Axel problem Accent CRDi

Axel (left hand side)of my Accent CRDi has been damaged. Apparently it's rubber boot was cut and grease. Now noices come when I take a turn. A new axel for the left side cost 22,000 plus labour (very costly compared to the petrol one as the engine is very heavy).
The company is not agreeing to do this in warranty (the car is still in the main warranty though)
Now obviously the axel being very strong is still ok (or atleast I think so cause the car is still moving). Now if I change the bearing and the boot hopefully the car can be ok but there is another piece that needs to be repaired. A (uhhh I don't remember the name) piece in which the rod gets in (that thing which has the hole). Now this piece comes in with the whole axel and cannot be bought separately. I have heard some people (I think in jallandar area) make such piece with precisely the exact size.

I need to get this piece so does anyone know where I can get it. And any other advise on what else could have been broken (remember the car is in running condition with noise only when I turn )and where I can get it done.

And one more thing this should be done in warranty though (I have already meet the regional hyundai head) but thats not happening so now you now hyundai too isn't customer service friendly.

Last edited by CR-V : 5th July 2008 at 19:33.
Old 7th July 2008, 14:42   #2
BHPian

I replaced the same part for Accent CRDi, just recently. Total bill came up to 19000 . I had the same symptoms as you had mentioned, except it was in right side.

I was out of warrenty and hence couldnt go in that direction. I asked the service manager about the warrenty claims. He said "Company doesnt cover this, even if its in the warrenty period".

Once replaced, he (manager) showed me the part that was replaced. The rubber was cut and grease was coming out of it.
This was conversation between me and SM..
ME: "what is this part used for?"
SM: "this is the component which helps your car take turns."
ME: "what happens if i dont replace it?"
SM: "you still can drive the car as of now. but after some time, since the turning mechanism is getting disturbed, like getting water and dust thru the cut, you may be unable to turn the car and might breakdown in the middle of the road"

After this he took me to a Petrol version accent (which is lifted up) and showed me from underneath.
SM: "For Petrol version, you can just replace the stuff that is cut (the rubber thingy). hence its much cheaper. But for Diesel, you need to replace the entire part, hence the higher cost".

Since you are still in warrenty period, doing something like not going in for genuine Hyundai part might forfiet your warrenty. just do some more research on the warrenty void part before you do something.
my $0.02...
Old 14th July 2008, 00:58   #3
BANNED

we have axle repair shops in our city they repair axle boot and bearing .it is done at reasonable rate and with warranty .
Old 14th July 2008, 01:05   #4
BHPian

so do you know any of such place in bombay?
Old 14th July 2008, 12:51   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR-V View Post
so do you know any of such place in bombay?
no sorry i dont know in bombay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks