Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2008, 15:09   #1
BHPian

AC and Palio Stile 1.6

Hey Guys,

I have been driving by new Palio Stile 1.6 for 20 days now. I have completed about 950 kms.

One query I have is that whenever I switch on AC, I can notice it. I mean I can hear some sound like motor is started. There is no major drop in pickup as such. But yes I can feel some drop. Driving 1.6, you really get used to high performance. So sometimes you feel such a drop also in tolerable.

Can fellow Palio users confirm me if this is how it works or should i get it checked in my first service due this week?

Cheers
Pankaj
Old 8th July 2008, 15:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

That might be your radiator fan switching ON to cool the AC radiator grill. Minor drop when AC ON is NORMAL.
Old 8th July 2008, 16:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Palio has a single fan (with 2 speeds) for both radiator & AC. When the AC is switched on , the fan goes faster & hence the noise.
Old 8th July 2008, 17:20   #4
BHPian

The noise is because of the fan, and the 1.6 has one of the noisier ones around. I have driven mine for over 7.5K kms now, and this noise has been present from day 1. I actually like it, goes well with the reallly effective AC. I haven't felt any sluggishness/ drop because of the AC though, even though I expected some. Maybe it is just me. Things seem to be normal with your car, so don't worry and enjoy the silken drive.
Old 8th July 2008, 17:45   #5
BHPian

It's not an issue. It is just he fan starting up and nothing else. I too hear this sound from my 1.6.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks