Team-BHP - Do I Need a Change of Tires?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Do I Need a Change of Tires? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/4244-do-i-need-change-tires.html)

well i'v been driving a '99 zenVX & its 5.5 years old now. i actually plan to keep the car for atleast 1.5 to 2 years more before i get a new one. well my point is that when my car is braking even at low speeds, it makes a lot of noise. (eehhheeeeheeeeheee) <that kinda lol: even when im braking from 40-35, the noise is so much noticable that ppl r lookin around whether theres an accident somewhere nearby. very embarassing & irritating. so do i need a tire change for this? or is the allignment which is causing this! the tires dont look that bad. ive seen worst tires than mine in many cars. & if i really need new tires (i doubt whether u guys will suggest this option) which are the options. bridgestones? mrf? jk? i am not much into the model numbers. any help will be appreciated. :)

how many kms have u done on ur current set of tires? get ur brake pads also checked to make sure that its the tire-road contact thats making the noise. On second thoughts, if it were brake pads, then u would have heard the noise even when just rolling in 1st and applying brakes.
As for brands, well... i will let others suggest.

Cheers
Amitoj

If the noise is so loud, then its more likely to be the brakes than the tyres. get those checked.

Maybe your brake pads are rusted.. het them checked by a MASS

No brake pads no tire change. Could be alignment problem. Sometimes when you take a sharp turn also it does create that noise. Its pretty normal I guess. But get alignment checked.

yea, the brakes of the car are verrrrrrrrry loose. & i have done 33k kms. on these tires. i thought it was alignment, i have to get that done too. but how much will the brake pads chekup/change cost? coz the noise is really loud & the brakes r extremely dull.

you said ur car was 5.5 years old...even if your tyres have tread left on them...change them because rubber starts cracking and deteriorating after a while. As a rule dont use tyres more than 5 years old. get the alignment checked as well.

Drifter

will try to get the tires changed soon, any suggestions?

Pirelli or michelins. Dont look anywhr else. softer compound= more comfortable ride

thats cool. will keep them in mind. cost?

& yes 1 more question, if i indeed go for tire change, shall i go for tubeless ones? is the above model which Z mentioned a tubeless one? whats the price of it? thanx for any help~

Tubelesss ofcourse. I dont think u get tubetype in those brands anymore. The price for 165/65/r13 should cost somewhere between 2 and 2500 each I guess. I got my 185/55/r13 pirelli's for 3200 each.

It definitely sounds like your brakepads are worn out.

Infact the pads have this peice of metal that is designed to make that screeching sound when the linning gets worn off.
Is the noise comming more from your right front tire than your left?

cya
R

yea rehaan u r right i feel. most of the members have told me to get the brake pads checked/replaced. however iv not noticed which side makes more noise. & the tires being 5 years old should also be changed i feel as Z mentioned

wassup bro

i just read it

mostly should be 2 problems i doubt it will be your tires
it has to be either your brake pads or it has to be the alignment

check your tires if the tread has worn out you are smart enough to change it ;)

P.s i had the same problem the brake pads were fien but alignment had me good to go