Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2008, 17:49   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
get the EXHUST from the manifold to the rear checked, at time floor vibrates when the exhusts is loose from the joints that help it stay in place and it touches the underbody and creates body vibe's

do you think this will happen only at 70 kmph and that too only while de-accelerating?

if yes, I can get this checked as one of the multiple checks i think my newbie will have to undergo even before its first servicing
Old 15th July 2008, 18:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Its an Out of center rim for which the tyre walas say ' RIM out hai'.Get the rim replaced or get the rear tyres in the front and front in the rear.Your problem will be solved.
Old 15th July 2008, 19:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanm25 View Post
do you think this will happen only at 70 kmph and that too only while de-accelerating?

if yes, I can get this checked as one of the multiple checks i think my newbie will have to undergo even before its first servicing
if its at de-accelerating then im pretty much sure this can be it.Just shake the exhust tip if there is more than the regular play,it might be the prob.
Old 15th July 2008, 21:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
get the EXHUST from the manifold to the rear checked, at time floor vibrates when the exhusts is loose from the joints that help it stay in place and it touches the underbody and creates body vibe's
Is the vibration present when the vehicle is not running (not even on gear)? And is it increasing when you press the accelarator? Then exhast system would be touching the body as noidaboy rightly pointed out. Do you remember any occassion when you scrapped on a bump or something? Is the vibe started after that? Most likely your moufler will be touching the body.
Old 15th July 2008, 23:25   #20
BHPian

The nuts can fall off with out bumping or scraping.The exhusts move a little when we accelerate or de-accelerate. if the exhust is loose from any of the points supporting it,it can cause the vibrations.Even a local mechanic can chk this for u..if you dont wish to the service station

If exhaust is fine,get the engine mounts checked at times at various speed,some part of the engine can touch the body and create vibrations if the nuts are loose at the mounts

Last edited by noidaboy : 15th July 2008 at 23:32.
Old 15th July 2008, 23:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

If the exhaust is scraping then along with the vibration it will also cause a lot "khatak" sound everytime it touches the underbody. I'm sure he would have noticed such a sound.
Old 16th July 2008, 00:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Could this be a demo car?
Oh man! Dosn't anyone get fed up of this one?? For any and every single lil fault in any car that's less than a few months old, this answer has to come up from somebody or the other!
Old 16th July 2008, 11:46   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
If the exhaust is scraping then along with the vibration it will also cause a lot "khatak" sound everytime it touches the underbody. I'm sure he would have noticed such a sound.

No such sound.......

Also, i personally believe that the scraping wouldn't wobble the vehicle at low speeds @ 10-20 kmph?
Old 16th July 2008, 11:49   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Is the vibration present when the vehicle is not running (not even on gear)? And is it increasing when you press the accelarator? Then exhast system would be touching the body as noidaboy rightly pointed out. Do you remember any occassion when you scrapped on a bump or something? Is the vibe started after that? Most likely your moufler will be touching the body.

yes, the vibration is there even w/o gear running..

it's been just about 10 days the vehicle came home, and i dont remember any scraping or hitting a pothole.
Old 16th July 2008, 11:51   #25

Quote:
if its at de-accelerating then im pretty much sure this can be it.Just shake the exhust tip if there is more than the regular play,it might be the prob.

tried doing this, but there's no extra play in the exhaust tip..
Old 16th July 2008, 15:30   #26
BHPian

Get the whole thing checked specially from the centre.
Old 14th December 2008, 11:30   #27
BHPian

As I understand this problem can only be solved by Maruti service people. Take them for a drive and point it out. Park the car with them and im aure within a day the problem would be solved.
Old 20th December 2008, 11:46   #28
BHPian

I too experienced strange noise in the back side, of my new car ( 4th day ) and it turned out to be the spare tyre not put up properly.

Strange noise at speed over 40 kms but problem could be same as yours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks