Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2008, 14:04   #1

Floor vibration in Zen Estillo at 70 kmph

Hello friends,

I just got home my brand new zen estillo a week back.

3 days into driving, i felt light wobbling at lower speeds (initially thought that it might be because of bad delhi roads) and floor vibrations when de-accelerating from 80kmph to 60kmph.

got it checked day before yesterday (5 days after i got it home ) and after wheel balancing, when the problem persisted, the competent 'competent' engineers declared this as an axle problem - changed both the front wheel axle free of charge (within warranty) and after a quick test drive (i was in no mood to spend more time at the service center) got it back home.

Today morning while on my way on the delhi noida DND expressway, I again accelerated to 80kmph, removed my foot from the pedal and right at 70kmph, felt the floor vibrating again........
tried again and again - niether at 75kmph nor at 65 kmph, the vibration is felt right at 70 kmph.

called the competent guy and he says i can get it checked again. I plan to go to them this week Sat.

please suggest what the problem can be?

sumone even told me this can be a tyre problem (OEM JK Ultima being used on the vehicle) and i shud try and get the tyres exchanged??

Help please.....
Old 15th July 2008, 14:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanm25 View Post
Hello friends,

I just got home my brand new zen estillo a week back.

Congrats!

got it checked day before yesterday (5 days after i got it home ) and after wheel balancing, when the problem persisted, the competent 'competent' engineers declared this as an axle problem - changed both the front wheel axle free of charge (within warranty) and after a quick test drive (i was in no mood to spend more time at the service center) got it back home.

Could this be a demo car? I don't see any reason why a new car should behave in this manner. I would suggest, write a mail to maruti and tell them the problem that you are facing. I am sure that there is something fishy here.
Old 15th July 2008, 14:41   #3

thanks amtak

do you have an email ID i can send the email to??
Old 15th July 2008, 14:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

You car manual will have all the contact details.
Old 15th July 2008, 15:21   #5
Team-BHP Support

[quote=amtak;904109]Could this be a demo car? [quote]

All the Estilo demo cars I have seen in Delhi are yellow.

Rohan: Make sure you get a job card made every time you visit the service station. And keep a copy of all of them, in case this thing turns serious. The service station guys might try and talk you out of it but don't relent.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th July 2008 at 15:23.
Old 15th July 2008, 15:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Eddy;904186][quote=amtak;904109]Could this be a demo car?
Quote:

All the Estilo demo cars I have seen in Delhi are yellow.
I guess this is standard all over India. All the test cars I have seen in Mumbai too are yellow.

Rohan, what is the color of your car?
Old 15th July 2008, 15:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

It could certainly be a case of defective tyres, see if you can spot any sidewall bulges on them. To make sure it's the tyres ask the service centre to fit the wheels/tyres off another Estilo (maybe their demo car) on your car and do a test.
Old 15th July 2008, 16:25   #8

thanks guys.....

my zen is black n not yellow - and i think the engine is silky smooth, so doesnt look like the demo thingy...

For the axle change, they gave me a proper job card - will retain and ask whenever i visit them - thanks a ton for the suggestion

I was also planning to get another pair of wheels fixed and test - will have to check if they have a set of additional ones to fit and test.

thanks again guys - believe i need more of sympathy here than ideas
Old 15th July 2008, 17:10   #9
BHPian

Take the car to an independent wheel shop and check alighnment and balancing and take their opinion.
Old 15th July 2008, 17:22   #10
BHPian

Rohan,

A friend of mine recently bought an Estillo and he was told not to go over 60 kmph for the first 1000 kms. Check your manual if it says that as well. At 70, are you driving in the 5th gear? That is what Maruti recommends.
Old 15th July 2008, 17:27   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Take the car to an independent wheel shop and check alighnment and balancing and take their opinion.

i can do that dude, but that would mean spending around Rs. 500 on a brand new car and i dont see any reason to do it when the vehicle is under warranty
Old 15th July 2008, 17:28   #12
Team-BHP Support

If the tires are okay this is a bush kit problem. It normally should not come so early in the cycle.
Try rotating the tires(front to back) and see if it goes away. If it does not, get the suspension bushes checked. Normally Balancing issues manifest themselves as "Steering vibration" and not floor vibration
Old 15th July 2008, 17:29   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
Rohan,

A friend of mine recently bought an Estillo and he was told not to go over 60 kmph for the first 1000 kms. Check your manual if it says that as well. At 70, are you driving in the 5th gear? That is what Maruti recommends.
is that the case? I never knew that and will check the manual tonight itself.

yes, i am driving in the 5th gear over 50 kmph

does the gear have something to do with the vibration as well?
Old 15th July 2008, 17:32   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If the tires are okay this is a bush kit problem. It normally should not come so early in the cycle.
Try rotating the tires(front to back) and see if it goes away. If it does not, get the suspension bushes checked. Normally Balancing issues manifest themselves as "Steering vibration" and not floor vibration

thanks friend...

my question is that should i let the competence of 'competent' motors delhi take their call and judge the error or should i recommend them checking the bush kit / rotating the tyres??
Old 15th July 2008, 17:44   #15
BHPian

get the EXHUST from the manifold to the rear checked, at time floor vibrates when the exhusts is loose from the joints that help it stay in place and it touches the underbody and creates body vibe's

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks