Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2012, 22:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Check Engine Light

My car's O2 sensor was not working fine which was replaced to fix the issue. Please have it checked at the earliest.
Old 11th August 2012, 01:12   #17

Hello All! Thanks to all you guys for sharing your experiences and most of all, your valuable time. I had finally managed to take my baby to the Hyundai Service Centre. I asked them to hook the sensor and check the code and reason for the power loss. The guy checked and told me it was the Crankshaft Position sensor honor loose. He got it fixed and informed me its all fine and no issues.

The code I got on the sensor was P0335. I googled this code for hyundai and symptoms that my car showed was exactly what was mentioned on the link.

Again thanks guys and someone from Pune reading this, Hyundai service centre jn Kondhwa pune really know their job.

Thanks!
Old 23rd June 2013, 11:33   #18
BHPian

2011 Jetta check engine light.

Hi all, I have a 2011 Jetta Highline DSG. 10500 km on the clock. Last night when i started the car I saw that the temperature display ( reading of outside temperature, not engine temperature) was not showing . --.- instead of the usual digits. Didn't give it much thought, said must be humdity ka problem, may go away in a couple of minuites. Started the car, put on the ac, the recirculation mode would not come on. A bit worried now. Checked the manual, no mention of this problem. had to leave for the airport so drove there. No rains in Bombay for the past day so the roads are mostly dry. Parked and started the car after 30 min and now the check engine light comes on!
Holy &*(&. Called toll free help line, realized cant call toll free from cell phone ( what kind of sense does that make? , or am i missing something?). Limped home at 30kmph. Parked car and went to bed.
This morning, checked oil and coolant as suggested by customer care. All normal. But problem still persists.
In short,
1. Outside temperature display stopped showing
2. Ac re circulation mode would not come on.
3. check engine light came on after 30 min.

Engine temp normal, all other parameters normal.
Any suggestions guys? Could it be a fuse? Workshop is shut today and emergency number is switched off.
Old 23rd June 2013, 22:44   #19
BHPian

Re: 2011 Jetta check engine light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clix22 View Post
Hi all, I have a 2011 Jetta Highline DSG. 10500 km on the clock. Last night when i started the car I saw that the temperature display ( reading of outside temperature, not engine temperature) was not showing . --.- instead of the usual digits. Didn't give it much thought, said must be humdity ka problem, may go away in a couple of minuites. Started the car, put on the ac, the recirculation mode would not come on. A bit worried now. Checked the manual, no mention of this problem. had to leave for the airport so drove there. No rains in Bombay for the past day so the roads are mostly dry. Parked and started the car after 30 min and now the check engine light comes on!
Holy &*(&. Called toll free help line, realized cant call toll free from cell phone ( what kind of sense does that make? , or am i missing something?). Limped home at 30kmph. Parked car and went to bed.
This morning, checked oil and coolant as suggested by customer care. All normal. But problem still persists.
In short,
1. Outside temperature display stopped showing
2. Ac re circulation mode would not come on.
3. check engine light came on after 30 min.

Engine temp normal, all other parameters normal.
Any suggestions guys? Could it be a fuse? Workshop is shut today and emergency number is switched off.
Looks like an electrical issue. Take the car to the nearest service center and get the error code analysed and take corrective action. Also as this issue started after the car was parked check for any signs of rat infestation in the the engine bay. If there is any sign, have all the wiring checked for breaks and shorts. This may be the reason why your systems started failing one by one.
Old 11th July 2013, 22:05   #20
BHPian

Tata Indica Vista Check Engine Light: FIXED

Hi
One of my friends recently bought a 22k driven used Vista (Petrol- Safire). I personally drove it and it seemed well behaved and relatively rev-happy.

The next day, we had embarked on a trip in the car. Now, the car was running perfectly fine the day before. He first pulled up and the A/C wasn't working (He had gotten a full AC service done since acquiring the car). I tried the usual fuses and wires check but it didn't help. Then I heard the clicking sound of the relay which was probably triggered by a pressure switch. So I assumed the gas had leaked.

After a while, I noticed the speedometer was shooting up erratically, the temp was at cold, and the check engine light was on. The car appears to be in limp mode, it will not rev beyond 4k. The pickup has also dropped dramatically. I can see no visibly broken wires under the bonnet. Resetting the ECU has not helped.

The chaps at the local Tata ASC had a fairly shady way of dealing with us with regard to the car, so we retrieved it without repairs. (The service advisor refused to immediately read the engine codes, tried to con me into thinking it would take days to read the codes via "sensors", agreed with my guess that some wires must've been broken, and needed to be checked manually, made an estimate for Rs. 750/-, and miraculously managed to read the codes in the hour since we left and informed us that he would have to remove the bumper and other things- keep the car for a week and charge my friend to the tune of 4-5k for the checking. So I advised him not to go with it). Now, since they wouldn't share the ECU codes ("Sir 5-6 codes means we manually check everything"), I still have no idea what's wrong. So to summarise:

1. A/C not working. Relay clicks on and off.
2. Speedometer not working, occasionally jumps with revs (Even in neutral).
3. Tachometer works.
4. Does not rev beyond 4k
5. Temp shows "cold" even after several hours of driving. The radiator fan runs at full speed regardless whether the engine is hot or has been switched off overnight.
6. Check Engine Light is on.

What could be wrong? I'm guessing temp sensor (wiring or sensor itself) which explains everything except speedo.
EDIT: 1. I also examined the wires from below the car. Not broken. Rat problem unlikely, but possible.
2. My ELM 327 does not work with his car. Appears Tata has gone with a different protocol for OBD.

Last edited by RM2488 : 11th July 2013 at 22:14. Reason: Forgot to add my own diagnostics
Old 11th July 2013, 22:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Indica Vista Check Engine Light: FIXED

Where did your friend buy the car from? If its a company owner outlet, I suggest you start from there. How old is the car? I mean which year? I had similar issues with my Indica DLG, but that was a diesel and the problem was with the glow plugs, dont think the petrol ones have the same issue, I may be wrong though. Go to a FNG and get it checked, thats the advantage (if any)of owning a TATA car.
Old 11th July 2013, 22:35   #22
BHPian

He bought it a couple of months back from a family friend. I think the car is about 3 years old. No, petrol cars don't need glow plugs. The issue is I'll have to do a bit of hand-holding on this one (His first car!) and I'd rather tell the mechanic to check certain things first, before leaving it to be somewhat dismantled and checked piece by piece.
Old 16th July 2013, 10:28   #23
BHPian

The issue has been resolved. Apparently the fuse box had a couple shorted wires on the inside.
RM2488 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 11:06   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM2488 View Post
The issue has been resolved. Apparently the fuse box had a couple shorted wires on the inside.
Hey, that was a cool solution for a problem as complex as this! How was the problem detected and by whom?
Old 16th July 2013, 11:16   #25
BHPian

We took it to a different Tata ASC (Balaji) and basically reamed them out until they agreed to go about it in a step-by-step fashion. The ECU scan showed all kinds of sensors out- Lamda, CKP, fuel return, etc. So the first thing they went to is the fuse box- (since there were no wires visibly cut and these sensors had no common cable)- I had checked the fuses, they checked the BOX itself. Issue resolved.

Total bill- Rs. 600/-
A far cry from the 4-5k George Auto wanted for "checking". This is just an example how service centers will try to take gullible customers for a ride (the bad kind that is)

Last edited by Zappo : 16th July 2013 at 15:01. Reason: The erroneous swapping of ASC names corrected.
RM2488 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 12:25   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We took it to a different Tata ASC.
Total bill- Rs. 600/-
A far cry from the 4-5k Balaji SC wanted for "checking". This is just an example how service centers will try to take gullible customers for a ride (the bad kind that is)
That inconsistency is the major problem when talking about ASCs. Sometimes I even feel that apart from money making, these guys even feel lazy to do any job.

But the good thing is that your friend got that done for 1/10th of the price quoted!

Regards,
Saket
Old 16th July 2013, 12:55   #27
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Indica Vista Check Engine Light: FIXED

I have had a similar experience (posted on this board somewhere) when Tata ASCs wanted me to believe that the sky was about to fall and it will take days and will cost up to Rs.50,000. Finally it worked out to be a small hose leak that costed all of 600 bucks when taken to a smaller place that was willing to check step by step, honestly. And the solution was found in just 5 minutes flat!

I think you should send a link to this thread or else write a summary with the name of the errant SC to Tata. They badly need to fix these issues if they do not want to fold down in another 2-3 years.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 13:53   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
That inconsistency is the major problem when talking about ASCs. Sometimes I even feel that apart from money making, these guys even feel lazy to do any job.

But the good thing is that your friend got that done for 1/10th of the price quoted!

Regards,
Saket
They're salaried people I think- no matter how many jobs they do, they probably get paid the same. Plus there's the whole customer-mechanic divide in the form of service advisors and accounting etc.
The whole idea behind this particular scam is most people will not take their car out without service- the service centers are usually far away, then there's the whole problem with getting time off work. So the mentality is "ok, it's expensive. But get the work done. Better than taking the day off and going to a different garage." So bait them with a smaller estimate, and once the car is in, call them with bigger problems. Too bad my friend is in the merchant navy... he had time off. So he called me, and I advised him not to keep his car at that particular center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I have had a similar experience (posted on this board somewhere) when Tata ASCs wanted me to believe that the sky was about to fall and it will take days and will cost up to Rs.50,000. Finally it worked out to be a small hose leak that costed all of 600 bucks when taken to a smaller place that was willing to check step by step, honestly. And the solution was found in just 5 minutes flat!

I think you should send a link to this thread or else write a summary with the name of the errant SC to Tata. They badly need to fix these issues if they do not want to fold down in another 2-3 years.
That probably won't happen. If a huge scam couldn't take down Skoda, I doubt such things will affect Tata. This is a picture I took in their service center:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3180087
Old 16th July 2013, 14:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We took it to a different Tata ASC and basically reamed them out until they agreed to go about it in a step-by-step fashion. The ECU scan showed all kinds of sensors out- Lamda, CKP, fuel return, etc. So the first thing they went to is the fuse box- (since there were no wires visibly cut and these sensors had no common cable)- I had checked the fuses, they checked the BOX itself. Issue resolved.

Total bill- Rs. 600/-
A far cry from the 4-5k Balaji SC wanted for "checking". This is just an example how service centers will try to take gullible customers for a ride (the bad kind that is)
Hi RM2488, thank you for the heads up on Balaji's service, which ASC did you go to? My Vista QJD's 3rd service is due over the weekend, usually go to George Auto. They do an OK job but was thinking of trying out Fortune (Wagle) or Balaji (GB Road), now Balaji is ruled out.
Old 16th July 2013, 14:15   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Hi RM2488, thank you for the heads up on Balaji's service, which ASC did you go to? My Vista QJD's 3rd service is due over the weekend, usually go to George Auto. They do an OK job but was thinking of trying out Fortune (Wagle) or Balaji (GB Road), now Balaji is ruled out.
Oops, made a boo-boo. Balaji was the one we took the car to later. So Balaji did good work... GEORGE AUTO is the one that tried to con us! The advisor that tried to pull the wool over our eyes is a certain Mr. Digambar, while the good one at Balaji is Mr. Hussein.

Again, sorry for the mix-up! It just struck me now, the GB road SC was good... worth the travel and time. Just make sure you take an appointment, it's smaller than George.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks