Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2009, 20:42   #31
BHPian

Issue with Corsa

I have an almost similar issue with my Opel Corsa Swing. If I restart my car within five to ten minutes after a long drive ( greater than 30 minutes), the car would shudder while restarting.
I took it to Vijai motors service center (erstwhile GM dealer in Bangalore)in April and the Ignition Coil was duly replaced. The problem has still not gone away and I am still experiencing the same issues again and today the car nearly stalled in traffic.

Could it be related to fuel pump? It the new ignition coil is also faulty and now that Vijai service center is also closed, would any other GM dealer in Bangalore honor the warranty?

-- Wind
Old 18th May 2009, 23:10   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
I have an almost similar issue with my Opel Corsa Swing. If I restart my car within five to ten minutes after a long drive ( greater than 30 minutes), the car would shudder while restarting.
I took it to Vijai motors service center (erstwhile GM dealer in Bangalore)in April and the Ignition Coil was duly replaced. The problem has still not gone away and I am still experiencing the same issues again and today the car nearly stalled in traffic.

Could it be related to fuel pump? It the new ignition coil is also faulty and now that Vijai service center is also closed, would any other GM dealer in Bangalore honor the warranty?

-- Wind
Hi is the engine warning lamp on?
Old 19th May 2009, 08:23   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
Hi is the engine warning lamp on?
Nope. The problem only comes to the fore if I have to restart the car within 10 to 20 minutes after a long drive.

-- Wind
Old 19th May 2009, 12:44   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the car would shudder while restarting.
Check your fuel pump, ignition coil and it's wiring.
Old 21st May 2009, 01:02   #35
BHPian

GTO's right, its most probably fuel pump or the ignition coil. No third thing.
Old 22nd May 2009, 19:04   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Nope. The problem only comes to the fore if I have to restart the car within 10 to 20 minutes after a long drive.

-- Wind
Two days back the problem became acute and car started jerking in lower gear at slow speeds. Took the car to Kropex ( New GM dealer in Bangalore). The diagnosis after checking the fuel pump and the wiring of the new ignition coil is that it is a case of a dirty throttle. Did a test drive today evening and the problem seemed to be rectified after the throttle was cleaned. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

-- Wind
Old 7th June 2009, 10:38   #37
BHPian

HI Gaurav

I saw your post...My car does exactly the same thing of stalling after a very smooth ride of 1 hr or so.. then it also starts back up after 5 min and runs fine...This is my first experience in Ikon 1.6 Zxi 2001...The only thing is i dont trust any mech so i wanted to know does ford allow us to stand and get the work done....And also wanted to know my car after reaching about 100km/hr get out of controls(something similar to the feeling of driving on the oily road) Please help.....
Old 8th June 2009, 08:15   #38
Senior - BHPian

Replaced the fuel pump a couple of months back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks