Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2008, 10:45   #1
BHPian

Need Advice for Modding

Guys,
After reading about successfully modded Skoda's & Swifts on Team Bhp, i am seriously contemplating Pete ing my Logan. I sent a mail to Pete's & got the following reply:

Quote:
Dear Mr. Anil,

Thank you for your interest in Pete's..

Please find answers to your queries.

1. Have you installed any Tuning Boxes in Logan Diesels here in India as yet.

more than 50 boxes till date

2. I just would like to know actual user's feedback before i get one myself.

take a test drive and you will get to know how exactly it feels. As for support no body does it better than us and our customers can prove that for you. You can call a few of our customers and check with them if you need. Please get names from the Mumbai dealer if you need. Mr.Lalit - 9820289737

3. What will be the total cost including installation.

Rs 31200/- for the box and Rs 4200/- for the Green Cotton direct replacement filter

4. Where can it be installed in Mumbai.

Four Seasons - Contact Mr. lalit 9820289737

5. Do i need to change any filters in the car.

Yes written above

6. Will my existing vehicle warranty get void or there's a way out? Will i have to remove it each time i send it for servicing?

Normally none of our customers remove the box for service but if you are taking the car for a warranty issue we would definitely recomend you to remove the box and it is only a 5 minute job.

7. Payment options? Will you accept cash at your source/installer in Mumbai.

Ofcourse they would

8. What is the warranty on the Tuning Box?

2 Years

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you need any further information,

Rgds,

Reshmi
Pete's Support
Just want to know anyone on t-bhp has peted their Logan, What is your feedback. Any users in Mumbai? Any more questions i need to ask them before i go ahead? Do i need to get OEM tyres upgraded? Please advise...

Last edited by anilkalvani : 10th August 2008 at 10:53.
Old 10th August 2008, 11:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

if they are jk then you will definately will need an upgrade, i think the car already comes with 185 tyres?

the OE acceleration is like 17+seconds for 0-100kms but the site does not mention the improved time after the box, find that out first. and the bhp increase is to 80 bhp from 65.

you will feel power like crazy after the box changing the tyres is a good idea if can do so, get the michelins 185/70-R14 the XM1+ they will just transform the ride.

and as for the air filter please the storm filter for the car and not replacement or wind.
you will get much better acceleration with that filter. i have the same filter on my viva crdi which is 82ps.
Old 10th August 2008, 13:15   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
if they are jk then you will definately will need an upgrade, i think the car already comes with 185 tyres?

the OE acceleration is like 17+seconds for 0-100kms but the site does not mention the improved time after the box, find that out first. and the bhp increase is to 80 bhp from 65.

you will feel power like crazy after the box changing the tyres is a good idea if can do so, get the michelins 185/70-R14 the XM1+ they will just transform the ride.

and as for the air filter please the storm filter for the car and not replacement or wind.
you will get much better acceleration with that filter. i have the same filter on my viva crdi which is 82ps.
Yes, The Logan comes with JK 185/70 R14 & i think the rim size is 5.5J now my question is that, i dont want to change the rims, can i go for 15" or its not possible. Secondly as you said i should go for the air filter & not the replacement filter, noted. Yup the site is not specific about the improved figures, guess will have to go to four seasons for it. Also my cousin told me that these tuning boxes are available in the UK for less than half the cost. is it true? how do we source it then?
Old 10th August 2008, 14:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

for the tyres and alloys advice please post in the tyre and alloy section the gurus there will help you out better.

dude your stock rims/wheels are 14 inch in diameter, what do you mean when you say i dont want to change the rims and can i go for 15"???

i just want to suggest that you could get better tyres in the same profile which are michelin XM1+ tyres.

a size above that would give you awesome grip and braking but the performance will go down, so just stick to the 185/70-R14 profile its just fine by changing them to better tyres your handling and braking will improve a whole lot.

as per the idea of getting that box from UK drop that idea. they might not suit the Indian logan version's technical specifications. the companies tune them different for different countries.
Old 10th August 2008, 14:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Pete's support is really very good! Go ahead with the box. Some auto mag also tested their long term Logan with the box IIRC.

I would suggest the replacement filter. For fitting the Storm, if the stock air box has to be discarded, the A.S.S would probably create some problems. If they don't have to remove the stock air box, then its all right I guess. Keep your engine bay as stock looking as possible!

You must get better tires!!
Old 10th August 2008, 14:42   #6
BHPian

@ rider
noted thanx. even i was thinking about the technical specs of the logan being different here, anyways thanks for your advice & i will go for the same profiles in michelin. Just hope i get something atleast for the old tyres.

@shuvd
Thats where i got confused, replacement filter or storm. Anyways, ill wait for some more suggestions. Tyres i will do, i was just thinking that as it is i wont get much for the tyres so why not go for a change after the monsoons. just thinking.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 10th August 2008 at 14:48.
Old 11th August 2008, 05:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

i agree here with shuvd, if you dont want the service center guys to create trouble, then stick with stock replacement, you can comfortably go the performance one after the warranty expires.

other wise you can do the same thing i did for these two year, i fit back the stock filter box for every service and fit the performance one after the service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks