Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2008, 03:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Fuel Efficiency Reduces in Accent CRDi ...

My 4 year old Accent CRDi Viva has covered 58000 kms and has always received a service, oil change and filter change at the recommended 5000 kms.

The car used to return around 12 kmpl with 100% A/C in my daily driving cycle.

However, for the last 3-4 months, the FE has fallen to 9.5 to 10 kmpl only. The drivers/road conditions/AC usage of the car have NOT changed in the last one year.

The car was sent for service and the problem was not diagnosed. When the car was re sent to them for the same problem, the Hyundai Authorised Service Centre decided a PCSV was faulty and replaced the same for nearly Rs. 9000. There was no improvement in FE.

I spoke to Head Service guy of the garage and he said he doesnt know why the average has fallen and he cant help. He recommended some injector cleaning which had to the done in Mumbai and hence the car will have to be kept out of commision for nearly 3 weeks.

The car seems same to drive, no lack of power, no extra smoke etc. I tried to see if the brakes are jamming by driving the car in neutral and observing the slowdown speed, but they seemed ok.

The oil prices have gone up and my F.E. has gone down... Double Whammy !!

Gurus please help me get back my old F.E...

Edit:
I d like to add. I also spoke to the Service Centre about decarbonising (never done) and I was informed that its not done on CRDi, only on Petrol engines!

Last edited by AbhiJ : 11th August 2008 at 03:28.
Old 11th August 2008, 05:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

There has been a lot of problems reported on Accent Crdi's after 50k kms, search this forum for threads.

Get the cylinders checked for compression.
Old 11th August 2008, 06:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

abhij what is the month and year of manufacturing of the car?

and have you checked the air filter? this happened to me once and the culprit was the air filter, it was clogged with paper, check both the boxes thoroughly if its stock.

hey the PCSV cost like 16000 bucks not 9000 i think clipto already has the thread on the same, do check it out and pm him for assistance

Last edited by rider60 : 11th August 2008 at 06:43.
Old 11th August 2008, 14:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
There has been a lot of problems reported on Accent Crdi's after 50k kms, search this forum for threads.

Get the cylinders checked for compression.

Time to sell the car :( ??
Sorry to be so ignorant, but how do I check for compression ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
abhij what is the month and year of manufacturing of the car?

Dont know that....how do I check?

I bought it in September 2004.

and have you checked the air filter? this happened to me once and the culprit was the air filter, it was clogged with paper, check both the boxes thoroughly if its stock.

Air Filter was changed last service. It is stock.

Which boxes do I check? Where the filter is installed?

hey the PCSV cost like 16000 bucks not 9000 i think clipto already has the thread on the same, do check it out and pm him for assistance

That was my thread ...

Got one of the PCSV's changed (there are two), hence 9000 and not 16000.

Last edited by AbhiJ : 11th August 2008 at 14:50.
Old 11th August 2008, 15:50   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

This is not good news. I have covered 27K kms and getting 14kmpl with 80% AC in the city.

I guess need to keep a close check if this type of a thing happens after 50K kms.
Old 11th August 2008, 19:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

yes i meant the stock air filter boxes, people at HASS are just jackasses who dont check this properly to see if something is tuck.

what are the tyre pressures you maintain and what is the size of tyres you are running on and what brand?

hey by the why not sit with the mechanic at HASS and see the scanner yourself, that way you should get all the reading of the engine from the scanner that scans the engine, make a note of all these values and do check out for any thing usual, that mechanics are not telling you.
Old 11th August 2008, 19:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

Abhi - get the car checked at Alok Automobiles @ Maruti Bagan (HASS) off em bypass if you have any doubts.

directly speak to Suman (Shazid Ali) or his dad, Alok da.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 11th August 2008 at 19:28.
Old 11th August 2008, 19:45   #8
BHPian

Dear your PS has all the solution. De-carbonising is the solution and mind it is not only for petrols. I am driving Accent CRDi for the last 2 years and done 35000 kms. Since i have been told by the service incharge to get it done every 15000 kms. And its working good, i am getting around 15-16 kms / ltr in city with AC on. There are lots of people saying craps about Accent's poor performance after 50000 kms, forget it man! just get the service done at regular intervals 7000 kms and Decarb at 15000 kms. Nothing like that!
Attached Thumbnails
Fuel Efficiency Reduces in Accent CRDi ...-05022007097.jpg  

Old 11th August 2008, 23:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what are the tyre pressures you maintain and what is the size of tyres you are running on and what brand?

30 psi, checked every week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Abhi - get the car checked at Alok Automobiles @ Maruti Bagan (HASS) off em bypass if you have any doubts.

directly speak to Suman (Shazid Ali) or his dad, Alok da.

Thanks rocker. Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizoo View Post
Dear your PS has all the solution. De-carbonising is the solution and mind it is not only for petrols.

PS = Petrol Station? Do you mean engine flush or de-carbonising?

My HASS insists that there is no such thing as De Carbonising for CRDi engines! Maybe they just dont have the machinery required for the same.
Old 12th August 2008, 12:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

run the car on 32-33 psi and see if it makes any difference, i used to maintain these values on my car even drifter used similar pressure on his accent crdi.
Old 12th August 2008, 20:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
run the car on 32-33 psi and see if it makes any difference, i used to maintain these values on my car even drifter used similar pressure on his accent crdi.
Will try that dude...

Btw, checked the air filter and the assembly around it...

Did out find anything clogging the intake pipes...
Old 12th August 2008, 21:17   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Never believe on the petrol pump air pressure guages. I found 3 petrol pumps has got 6 points more than the actual reading in bangalore. So finally purchased a digital Guage from ebay.in for 500 bugs.
Now a days I fill air at the pump, next day morning check the pressure and remove excess pressure. I give tleast 3 hours to cool down the tyre temp to normal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks