Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2008, 15:01   #46
BHPian

Yes Santosh, it is ORR Robbery !!( I liked that)
As someone has pointed out earlier, these showrooms are having more than enough work and it should account for their lethargic attitude. It is time for MSIL to take stock of the situation.
Old 18th August 2008, 20:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

So Rajesh, finally got the vehicle back. And the movement from 32k to 4k, well, less said the better!
Old 18th August 2008, 21:01   #48
Senior - BHPian

Nice to finally see a realistic bill. Congrats dude.
Old 18th August 2008, 21:27   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
my moral of the story -

(1) 1171Rs for a Swift Lower arm - Great show Maruti
(2) 825 + 2300 Tinkering&Painting Charges - Highway Robbery, Aka ORR Roberry by Pratham!!!

What crap, after paying 3 times the cost of a lower arm you should @ least expect a decent paint job. No wonder dealers make merry on Tinkering/Painting charges where the Company doesnt have a say...!!!

After the Bimal Bashing up a TD customer and Pratham doing this for a fender bender - Where is Maruti going in Bangalore?
its not just bangalore its same every where, and in every car brand too, if the customer is non car savvy then this is bound to happen, so never nod away to every thing they say unless its too modest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonrajesh View Post
Yes Santosh, it is ORR Robbery !!( I liked that)
As someone has pointed out earlier, these showrooms are having more than enough work and it should account for their lethargic attitude. It is time for MSIL to take stock of the situation.
oye i told you that. it just so happens this way because the the bigger works shops stock good amount of spares and people prefer usually over smaller ones, i always recommend people to take the cars to smaller work shops dealer ones are available too which service at most 15 car a day for normal servicing and go to the major ones only when the parts are required, at least i am doing the same for both my cars, the advantage is they have enough time to spare for the work mostly nothing is over looked and the car gets delivered in time.what more do you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
So Rajesh, finally got the vehicle back. And the movement from 32k to 4k, well, less said the better!
right on mate right on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Nice to finally see a realistic bill. Congrats dude.
well yes even this amount could have been lesser by 1000-1500 if not for the dealership!

Last edited by rider60 : 18th August 2008 at 21:30.
Old 18th August 2008, 21:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

@Rider60 - That amount could not have been lower as my bill was at a non-dealership. My bill was 4500:00
Old 6th May 2009, 19:50   #51
BHPian

need help

Guys, I met with a similar accident, the alloy on the front left wheel took all the impact and there was no visible scratch or dent on my maruti esteem.

Immediately after the impact, the tyre was wobbling & the ride was bumpy, I took it to the local garage, opened up the wheels and tightened all the bolts of the front left suspension (i guess it is called retorquing). Since there was no visible damage, I continued with my ride.

After 2 weeks the wobbling has increased slowly, very unstable and car moves away from its path when I crossed 60-80kms/hr.

I took it to Suraksha, they did wheel balancing & alignement, swapped the front tyres with the ones at the back. The problem was still there & they needed time to open up the suspension to rectify the problem.

Now after swapping the tyres, I could feel my ride getting unstable at high speeds. I could feel the tyre at the rear causing the problems.

Today I replaced the tyres which bore the impact with the spare tyre. Things are much better now but I still feel the ride getting a bit bumpy, unstable at high speeds.

Do my tyre or alloy need replacement? Wheel balacing of the problem tyre at MASS does not show any deviation.What could be the problem here?

Do I need to check my lower arm for damages?

Would appreciate your help?
Old 7th May 2009, 13:39   #52
BHPian

bhpians, need your help
Old 7th May 2009, 14:01   #53
Senior - BHPian

You will need to get the complete suspension and all it's related components checked.
Old 7th May 2009, 14:25   #54
Team-BHP Support

First start of with an alignment job and find out reading are withing limits. If parameters are within limits, you need to check the suspension bits for aging and repair/replace as required.

If the readings are wrong you will have to do a complete strip of suspension and see if the chassis is intact.

Before all this, check the tires and the rims if they are in proper shape/not worn out.
Old 7th May 2009, 15:08   #55
BHPian

Thanks Jaggu and Vikram, Please find my reply inline in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
First start of with an alignment job and find out reading are withing limits. If parameters are within limits, you need to check the suspension bits for aging and repair/replace as required.

The wheel alignment is correct, I will check for suspension.

If the readings are wrong you will have to do a complete strip of suspension and see if the chassis is intact.

Before all this, check the tires and the rims if they are in proper shape/not worn out.

Wheel balancing was on problem tyre was done, no deviation. but i am sure the tyre which was impacted is causing the problem along with suspension. Who can help me out checking the tyre and alloys, MASS was not able to comment on this. It is a brand new tyre.
Old 7th May 2009, 15:13   #56
Team-BHP Support

you can go to a good tire shop and they should be able to help you ascertain issue with tire and alloy. Simpler way is to use a different tire and alloy (read as spare tire rim) and run the car
Old 18th August 2012, 20:08   #57
BHPian

Re: Swift Front Tyre repositioned - advice on damage please.

Quote:
It takes max half hour to replace one lower arm.
Hi vikram,

One question for you-

From the information i have gathered, most people are replacing lower arm/bushings and stablizer bar/bushings.

I wanted to know if anything else need to be replaced?

For example, have you come across replacement of rear trailing arm bushing for swift?

Also, what about the bushing inserts on the struts itself?
Old 19th August 2012, 09:53   #58
Senior - BHPian

I don't know about other Swifts but on mine rear bushes have still not been replaced and my car has done 1.5 lakh kms. Which strut bushes are you talking about?
Old 19th August 2012, 13:05   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know about other Swifts but on mine rear bushes have still not been replaced and my car has done 1.5 lakh kms. Which strut bushes are you talking about?
Sample pic - The bushing insert on the strut itself on the top. This is for the rear.
http://www.redshiftmotorsports.com/m...DA%20Large.JPG
I guess i will just go for Stablizer and Arm busing replacement for now though.

Also, can you recommend me who to go to for engine turning, (Timing/Valve Adjustment , throttle body cleaning and Injector cleaning) Its been 6 years now these things havnt been serviced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks