Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2008, 08:40   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
filcord: since you mention that the problem was not there in earlier monsoons, I would add my $.02.

Get the "AC Tray" *removed* and cleaned. .
Thanks, I shall have to try this, because my leakage problem is still there. The garage insists it's the door beading, but then the last visit did not cure this.
Planning to keep my car at the MASS on Saturday, will revert if the cure is found
Old 21st August 2008, 10:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

well i have the issue too, well the door beadings seem to be the culprits in my swift, i am pretty sure on this as the water scales were formed on the door pads, how do i prevent this would the MASS guys be able to help or would they change the beadings if found defective?

i have already explained it in detail in the other thread i opened, as my speakers also got drenched!

here is the linky of the same, the car in the question is 8 months old and has the warranty would they change the beadings under warranty?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...xes-water.html

the thing is i parked the car in my open front yard for 2 weeks and apparently the rains blessed me this way! and my car just got more beautiful with scales on door pads the aroma of fungi which was formed on the speaker's MDF rings!.

and would really like to see this not happen again is there some thing i can do to prevent this? also i have already expressed my views in the other thread too do read it.

thanks a ton in advance!

Last edited by rider60 : 21st August 2008 at 10:13.
Old 21st August 2008, 21:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
here is the linky of the same, the car in the question is 8 months old and has the warranty would they change the beadings under warranty?

thanks a ton in advance!
What makes you doubt the warranty? Leak is a serious issue. Learn to talk tough with the dealer, do not accept the car if the work is not done to your satisfaction. Escalate to the regional folks in Hyderabad. Contacts available at the dealer(there usually is a notice board with the details) or your manual.
Old 27th August 2008, 08:36   #19
BHPian

@Kuttapan - thanks again for your advice, you were bang on target. The leak was finally diagnosed to a faulty sealing at the base of the windscreen on the right side. It was only after I asked the service guys to specifically look at the windscreen sealing that they found the problem... otherwise they would've remained clueless.

Wim
Old 27th August 2008, 11:39   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The most common causes of water seepage:

1. Windscreen sealing : Front & Rear.
2. Air-con piping, tray etc.
3. Clogged drain pipes (exterior). Due to leaves, dirt and so on.
4. Floor drain plugs.
5. Door beading, window seals etc.
Old 27th August 2008, 15:11   #21
BHPian

Thank you for summing up the causes in one post GTO.
My Accent has developed the same leakage issue and ive had no clue why as the doors are perfect. Ill get the above mentioned things checked at the next service.
Old 28th August 2008, 09:32   #22
BHPian

Update

I dried the car inside thoroughly. Then subjected it to two washes on two separate occasions, including a pressure wash. The car is dry inside.
So it seems that the last fix - door beading, was the correct thing to be done.
Whew! Now I can re-fit the carpet and go back to my luxury ride!
Old 28th August 2008, 10:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

I am curious to know which service centre it is, so that I never go there. If so many fellow T-Bhpians can spot the problem by just reading about it, the trained mechanics should have cracked this mystery the first time. My experience with Machino's workshop on Darga Road is excellent. I routinely call up the head mechanic from road at odd hours to ask for small tips and he always replies and helps with a smile.
Which one do you go to?
Sudipto
Old 29th August 2008, 03:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
@Kuttapan - thanks again for your advice, you were bang on target. The leak was finally diagnosed to a faulty sealing at the base of the windscreen on the right side. It was only after I asked the service guys to specifically look at the windscreen sealing that they found the problem... otherwise they would've remained clueless.

Wim
Glad to be of help !
Old 29th March 2010, 12:18   #25
BHPian

Baleno Carpet Dampness

I got my car repaired after a major right side crash. After getting the car, i immediately observed carpets getting wet after a exterior cleaning. Took it to the same MASS and they solved the issue after 3 visit.

Now when i clean the car immediately do not find any water, however before cleaning the car the old dampness was there(which i got before).

But my observation, after exterior cleaning car with water, i feel carpet gets more damp.

Not sure, what's going on here. But question: How long it takes to dry up the floor carpet and what is the efficient way to dry it up?
Old 29th March 2010, 12:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

use old newspaper (lots of them) and place them evenly on the carpet. donot use the rubber mats. keep changing the newspaper at regular intervals. look for the source after the car wash (below the dash board, etc)

it may take 3-4 days.
Old 29th March 2010, 12:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Even using cotton mats instead of the rubber ones will help. It is quite possible that the rubber plugs provided for closing the holes (drain plugs) in the floorboard have not been replaced after the reapirs, check that out too.
Old 29th March 2010, 15:43   #28
BHPian

Thanks for suggestions.
Is there any way like blower or something to dry up the carpet?

I need to first dry the carpet and then see whether there are still dampness.
MASS guys saying dampness is due to the previous water has not dried up.
Any suggetions.
Old 29th March 2010, 15:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

household vacuum cleaner (the bulky eureka forbes wala) should help you dry up fast. but first use a cloth / newspaper to soak excess water from the carpet.

easy way out - pull out the entire thing and dry it under hot summer sun.
Old 29th March 2010, 15:49   #30
Senior - BHPian

You can try using a hair drier, that works. But you should have an electrical socket nearby to connect the thing.

Most Viewed