Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 15:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

kannan - hair drier will take a LOT of time to dry up a small portion. better to use the bulky vacuum cleaner (outlet - that blows hot air)
Old 30th March 2010, 17:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

I agree but suggested that since the hair drier generates more heat !
Old 1st August 2014, 19:22   #33
D4D
BHPian

Water leaking in the A pillar in Innova

Dear BHPians,
It was drizzling in Bangalore today afternoon and I had parked my innova under a tree. When I entered, I found this:

Water Seepage Issue-wp_20140801_16_52_38_pro.jpg

Water was leaking and was dripping slowly. If I pressed that joint it dripped faster. What is the possible reason behind this? And how much could it affect my A-pillar?

Note: My father fixed an aftermarket antenna in Chennai 5 years ago, as the OEM one broke when he was reversing in a garage.

Thanks in advance for you suggestion.
Old 1st August 2014, 19:31   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Water leaking in the A pillar in Innova

your post has the issue in it - water is seeping from the antenna mounting on the edge of the roof.

Please check - the rubber must have cracked or the whole mount must have gone loose.

Please have the antenna replaced immediately with a good quality replacement.

Also have the A-pillar plastic cover removed and inspect the inside for water ingress - and clean and dry that out too.

Last edited by vigsom : 1st August 2014 at 19:35. Reason: addition
Old 1st August 2014, 20:36   #35
CDM
BHPian

Check the spot where the weather strip on the top outside of the car meets the wind screen. My Innova has developed a hole in the body at that spot. Discovered it during the current monsoon season.

CDM
Old 30th August 2014, 14:42   #36
CDM
BHPian

@D4D, did you finally figure out where the water was coming in from?
Old 31st August 2014, 21:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

Re: Water Seepage Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
My Innova has developed a hole in the body at that spot. Discovered it during the current monsoon season.

CDM
@CDM: This is the coordinates of the denter/painter. He can arrange to get the metal spot welded.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...new-delhi.html
Old 31st August 2014, 22:16   #38
CDM
BHPian

Thanks Joy. Will check out.

CDM
Old 6th July 2015, 18:53   #39
Senior - BHPian

I never thought this would be a known issue. At times when my swift Ldi (2010) is parked at an angle sideways water seeps in in the driver side footrest area.

This has happened just 2 or 3 times and only when its parked on an angle, incline or sideways.

I have lots of wires from my ICE setup in the same area so before taking it to the mechanic I wanted to ask if someone found the exact spot where the leakage was happening from?

And would it be a good idea to take it to the windscreen guys or our friendly neighbourhood mechanic?

EDIT: Driving in torrential rains has never led to a single drop of water coming in, its only while it has been parked in heavy rains, that too at an angle.

Last edited by fine69 : 6th July 2015 at 19:08.
Old 18th July 2015, 16:55   #40
Senior - BHPian

Found the culprit behind the water seepage issue in my swift today. After going through several posts around this issue I took my car to Windshield Experts (from where I'd got the front windscreen replaced) and asked them to take it off and install again.

What happened next was shocking! They opened up the bonnet of my car, took off the wipers and the plastic covering between the windscreen and engine and took out about 2 kilos of mud blocking the water outlets.

They showed me the area from where water enters as after a heavy rainfall the water level would start going up and then come inside the cabin from the area meant for HVAC intake.

A good way of ensuring if the issue is with faulty windscreen is to check the inside of the A-pillar because it would be wet. Water enters due to faulty windscreen installation from the outside beading area of the A-pillar and it can also be checked by hands. Just pull out the beading a little from between the windscreen and A-pillar and you'd know in an instant, hope this might help somebody.

Also, the area that was cleaned today has never ever been touched during my regular service in the past 4 years by authorized M.A.S.S so be wary of this, especially if your car is parked under trees as leaves usually accumulate there and blocks the outlets. It requires opening the wipers, quite a few plastic screws so as expected, anything that requires labour is usually avoided by our A.S.S guys.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 10:43   #41
BHPian

Need some advice , yesterday i found out good amount of water in rear passenger footwell area of my swift dzire , not sure of the reason but might be because of a house shifting activity I was involved in, never had any leakage issues.

My main query is - the carpet area is pretty wet , looks like 1-2 liters of water spilled
plan is to dry off using , towels, newspaper sunlight - i.e all means

but is there any chance of the metal beneath the carpet area getting rusted , shall I see a svc centre or local worshop , gents/ladies any advice will be highly appreciated .

Thanks in Advance
Old 11th April 2017, 09:10   #42

If this is the very first time you have found water or wetness in that particular area, no need to take it to the service centre. What you can do is remove the carpets including the lower blanket in that area and let it dry using your means. Let it dry in direct sunlight with open and closed windows for 1-2 days. Yes you need to open your windows too to let the smell vanish.
Old 11th April 2017, 09:35   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygamer View Post
.. yesterday i found out good amount of water in rear passenger footwell area of my swift dzire ,

but is there any chance of the metal beneath the carpet area getting rusted , ..
Could have been spilt water, during the shifting.

At the moment a service centre visit would not be required. Dry it up using all options - including parking it in the midday sun for couple of hours with doors closed and then keeping it in the shade with doors open.

If you can, try to open the plastic panels on the door frame and lift the carpet enough to let air go beneath the carpet too.

I have been in a similar situation where I left the windows open by just 1-2 inches at night and it rained :( Had to do this, but all's well. In my car, there is a thick sheet of foam below the carpet which had also taken in water.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 12:16   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
... including parking it in the midday sun for couple of hours with doors closed and then keeping it in the shade with doors open.

If you can, try to open the plastic panels on the door frame and lift the carpet enough to let air go beneath the carpet too..
Thanks Condor , I already did the drying options - kept the car in sun with windows open in office parking , water has almost dried up, will try lifting the plastic as you suggested
Old 29th January 2018, 13:56   #45
BHPian

Sorry for the late update - I have some interesting points on the water seepage issue for my dzire

Had gone to Kalyani motors near AECS (Bangalore) , the mecahnic took one look and told pipe has come off

Well which pipe? it turns out the 3d mats that I have put in the passenger section has an extended lip (like all 3d mats) and this keeps on hitting 1 pipe - which I am not sure what it does but takes AC water out is what my best guess is ,

The front carpet also gets wet but due to inclination , the rear carpet well kind of becomes sloshy first , got it fixed asap and got rid of 3d mat for front passenger section
Note - these are not original Kagu 3d mats rather something cheap , I bought on snapdeal

Other swift/dzire owners do take care and check once in case you face such similar issue
hungrygamer is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks