Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2008, 10:59   #1
BHPian

System Purge - Iftex

On my last visit to a car part store, i noticed something which looked like System-G but was in a slightly bigger bottle and with a different name.

When i took a look, it said System Purge, the same company which makes system-G has come out with this. Claims to clean the injectors, throttle body, valves etc. Instructions on the back read 'add to throttle body with the car running, use up the entire bottle in duration of 45 mins'. It was priced at Rs 305/-.

Has anybody used this ?
Is it any good ?
Can it be done DIY ?
How frequently should we repeat this ?

Searched online and found this linky.
Old 17th August 2008, 11:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

As per their website

Applications :
Recommended for all types of petrol engine cars.

Recommended engines both with fuel injectors as well as carburetors.
This is specially useful for the vehicles having run for long and with the performance problems like loss of Power, Poor Engine Response, Rough Idling, Higher Exhaust Emissions etc.

This is most convenient to be used by Workshops, Garages and Service stations. The product is designed to clean the fuel system free of performance inhibiting deposits.

Benefits :

Eliminates rough idling, hesitation, stalling, hard starting, lean surging and poor throttle response caused by deposits in the fuel system.

Restores engine performance and lost engine power.

Increases fuel efficiency by cleaning the fuel system, including the combustion chambers clean.

Performs equally well with leaded and unleaded gasoline.

Prolongs fuel injectors and fuel pump life.

Does not harm catalytic converters.

Reduces harmful hydrocarbon, carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxide emissions.

Recommended Dosage :

500 ml per purging operation.

Directions :

Start the engine. Remove the cap of bottle and add content gently through throttle body injector or carburetor. Run the engine, add the content over the period of 45 minutes. For best results use System Purge every 5000 kilometers or whenever required.
Old 17th August 2008, 11:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

can anyone help me locate the throttle body ( the exact place where i should be poring this) in the wagon R ? If you could provide pictures i would be really grateful.
Can i do this as a DIY without conking something off. I am a total noob when it comes to the engine (i can check engine oil, windshield washer fluid, coolant level etc but thats it )
Old 17th August 2008, 12:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Follow the air intake piping after the airfilter and you will see an aluminium thingy which is a throttle body. How would one use this for horizontally mounted throttle bodies?
Old 17th August 2008, 12:48   #5
BHPian

So we just pour it in the butterfly below the air filter ?
Another question came up on my mind, if we pour it in the throttle body, how is that gonna clean the injectors ?
Old 17th August 2008, 13:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Follow the air intake piping after the airfilter and you will see an aluminium thingy which is a throttle body. How would one use this for horizontally mounted throttle bodies?
Where can i find the air intake piping and how do i find the air filter ?
Do you think it is better i take it to a mechanic lest i screw something up.

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 17th August 2008 at 13:30.
Old 17th August 2008, 20:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Yes. I think you better take it to a mechanic.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2008, 21:00   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
can anyone help me locate the throttle body ( the exact place where i should be poring this) in the wagon R..
Quote:
Follow the air intake piping after the airfilter and you will see an aluminium thingy which is a throttle body....
Quote:
Where can i find the air intake piping and how do i find the air filter ? Do you think it is better i take it to a mechanic lest i screw something up.
Quote:
Yes. I think you better take it to a mechanic.
... That's a really good one.

@cooldude, you really need to know the location of the air filter -- apart from checking oil, water etc..
khan_sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2008, 21:05   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
can anyone help me locate the throttle body ( the exact place where i should be poring this) in the wagon R ? If you could provide pictures i would be really grateful.
Can i do this as a DIY without conking something off. I am a total noob when it comes to the engine (i can check engine oil, windshield washer fluid, coolant level etc but thats it )
You just need a screwdriver,loosen the screw on the pipe connecting the aluminium thing(throttle body) with the air filter then remove the pipe and crank the engine to life,pour the recommended quantity and revv it slowly,you are done.
Old 17th August 2008, 23:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

alto has a horizontal throttle body. from where do i pour the bottle. even if u pour it somehow by spilling a bit of it how do i use it over next 45 minutes?

another thing i am doubting is how does it clean the injectors along with throttle body?

please has someone experimented using this? please assist. i think 305 is damn cheap to clean all this in one shot.

ooh i just posted and clicked on the tips section. i think its risky to use
IFTEX- fuel additives

please go through the tips and suggest.

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 17th August 2008 at 23:54. Reason: added a website
Old 18th August 2008, 12:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
... Another question came up on my mind, if we pour it in the throttle body, how is that gonna clean the injectors ?
Moot point! From the directions ("add content gently through throttle body injector or carburetor") it doesn't sound like it is meant for multi-point fuel injected engines.

This must be a de-waxing solvent mix, which would at best clean the jets (in the carb) or the injector (in OLD throttle body injectors like L-jetronic and Mono-jetronic in cars of late 70's, 80's and early 90's - before MPFI came in) - it HAS to be mixed with the fuel for it to act on the inside of the injector.

For MPFI systems, where the fuel is pumped into the "common rail" (petrol header before the injectors), this should be poured into the tank. I would not expect this 'magic potion' to be any different from the myriad injection cleaning fluids like from Pennzoil etc., a bottle of which is poured into a tank-full of petrol.
Old 18th August 2008, 12:58   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Another question came up on my mind, if we pour it in the throttle body, how is that gonna clean the injectors ?
Keep the engine on and revv it while pouring the fluid. When the TB in my car was clogged the mechanic sprayed a cleaner from an aerosol can while revving the engine. But this can be cumbersome for 45 long minutes.
Old 19th August 2008, 11:25   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Keep the engine on and revv it while pouring the fluid. When the TB in my car was clogged the mechanic sprayed a cleaner from an aerosol can while revving the engine......
That would clean the TB indeed, but not the injectors. This 'claims' to clean the injectors. Also, would that aerosol spray be WD40 by any chance ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks