Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2008, 23:24   #16
Team-BHP Support

Ill give it a try, please correct if am wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
So, the questions right now are:-

1. How do I open the fuse box?

There will be two clips on either side, carefully release them (maybe you require a screw driver for this) and then the cover will come out

2. What is that thing marked as 2 on the fuse box?

Should be a relay or Bigger wattage fuse, open the cap and inspect. mostly for the AC (my guess)

Attachment 40499

3. I got an extra horn fitted from the dealer. Think the 2nd image is showing the relay for that horn. Anything wrong with those wires marked as 3 and 4? Look like bare copper covered in insulation tape. The job is done by the dealer.

They have taped it, no big deal.

Attachment 40507

4. Image 3 shows the RHS head lamp assembly from inside. Leads 5, 6 and 7 are for ..... ? And How do I remove the head lamp bulb?
4a. Where do I look for the headlight focussing screw / nut?

Those are headlight, park light and turn indicator bulb connectors.

Remove the buld connector, then the rubber covers and there will be clip which needs to be released to remove the bulbs/holder. Refer manual, since it will differ from model to model

Attachment 40508

5. What is marked as 8 and 9 in the next picture? 9 is actually longer that it seems in the image. 10 is air filter, right?

8 isAutocop siren. 9 is AC diffuser and 10 is air filer box

Attachment 40511

6. Where is the ECU?

Should be under the dash, differ from model to model

7. I have Autocop (model 2k / 2000) installed. Where is it in the pictures?

Again will be inside the cabin

8. I have read of a slot where you hook up the laptop / USB cable for engine diagnostics. Where is it? (Not that I will do it, but just want to know).

Again it will be inside, under or by the side of the dash

9. I have seen autowallahs cleaning the spark plugs. That is closest I have got to petrol engines. Looks like spark plug handling on cars are not DIY?

You can remove the plug caps, but will require long headed plug spanners to remove the plugs

10. The battery - seems to be a sealed one? How do I pour distilled water into it (if I have to, that is)?

Maintenance free battery! remove the stickering and you will see the filler cap. Or just take it to the battery shop and they will do it for you in 5 mts

11. The relays marked on fuse box - what are they for?

???

12. What this marked as 11?

Its wiper motor

Attachment 40515

13. What do we find here?

Spark plugs

Attachment 40527

12 is alternator, 13 is spark plug (There should 3 of them?) 14 is?

14 is ignition coil, i think the other two plugs are hidden under the coils. Havent observed the Wagon R engine bay in long while. 15 is throttle cable

The 4 separate tubes from brake fluid reservoir - independent brake fluid circuit?

Yes, refer manual should have the brake system split, FT to Back, Cris cross

What is 15 (the tube)?

15 is throttle cable
I think you need to go through the owners manual in detail, will clear lot of your doubts.
Old 5th November 2008, 12:40   #17
BHPian

new questions for the gurus here. my wagonr's headlight lens' have cracked. is it possible to replace them or do i need an entire new assembly. P.S. my dad royally bumped the car so one side fender is kinda jammed. haven't found time to fix it. :-( IF i indeed CAN change the lens where can i buy in bangy?
Old 7th November 2008, 08:10   #18
BHPian

OE headlamps are available as an assembly. So you would have to replace the whole thing.
Even if you would find the lens from the local spare walla/scrap walla ( Highly unlikely) you would need to break open the sealed head lamp asssembly and then try to seal the new one in, which is close to immpossible.

Last edited by sureshkishore : 7th November 2008 at 08:11.
Old 8th November 2008, 11:06   #19
BHPian

If a thread like this can be started for Swift Petrol and Diesel, it would be helpful for all those who are new including me. A thread of this sort, needs a lot of effort. No gurantee, but I will try for Swift Petrol version very soon.

Last edited by Swifty2008 : 8th November 2008 at 11:07. Reason: Add detail
Old 19th February 2009, 15:51   #20
BHPian

From this picture, the part circled is the ignition coil. If I need to connect a tachometer, which one will be the negative terminal ?

Know your car: Under the Hood of a WagonR-coil.jpg
Old 19th February 2009, 16:49   #21
Team-BHP Support

14 (grey coupler) is the connector and it has 3 wires, use a multi meter to find which one is negative. Anybody else with wiring diagram please help.

Careful when you take connection and avoid shorting or breaking off the wire from the coupler. Ideally tap at a place slightly distant from the connector.

ps: if its just negative feed, grounding will do the trick.

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th February 2009 at 16:51.
Old 19th February 2009, 17:18   #22
BHPian

I'm not sure this is right !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
From this picture, the part circled is the ignition coil. If I need to connect a tachometer, which one will be the negative terminal ?
Hi ShakenSoul, the M800 & the Alto with the F8D engine have a single large ignition coil for all 4 cylinders & what you are trying will work. But in the case of the WagonR, I'm not sure its right to splice into the DDLI coil as it controls only 2 cylinders. You will, in all probability, see only half the engine RPM. A better bet is to tap into the tach signal to the ECU.

Last edited by im_srini : 19th February 2009 at 17:20.
Old 19th February 2009, 18:02   #23
BHPian

Thanks Jaggu and im_srini.

I'm planning to get a Auto Meter 233904 tachometer. This is the installation instructions, please advise the best possible way to wire it as I will try a DIY.

Know your car: Under the Hood of a WagonR-tacho-wiring.jpg
Old 20th February 2009, 11:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
I'm planning to get a Auto Meter 233904 tachometer. This is the installation instructions, please advise the best possible way to wire it as I will try a DIY.
Hi ShakenSoul, if the Wagon-R uses the same ECM as the Altos with the F10D engine, the following pic should help.

Know your car: Under the Hood of a WagonR-ecm_coupler_0.jpg

This is the pin-out diagram for the C03 connector, I think what you need to tap into is C03-6.

Know your car: Under the Hood of a WagonR-ecm_coupler_1.jpg

I suggest you confirm it with somebody who's done this before if you're going to DIY.
Old 20th February 2009, 13:06   #25
BHPian

After going through the various threads and consulting members, it seems that the WagonR/Santro has a DIS system and to get the correct RPM reading I'll have to connect to the ECU which might be a tedious process with the risk of frying the ECU. So I have decided to get the Sunpro CP7905 5" Super Tach III which can be set to 2 cylinder mode to get the full reading from 2 cylinders without the hassle of connecting to the ECU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
14 (grey coupler) is the connector and it has 3 wires, use a multi meter to find which one is negative.
A noob question, I do have a multimeter but how do I check for the negative wire ? Do I look voltage on the wires and the wire which shows no reading is the negative ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi ShakenSoul, if the Wagon-R uses the same ECM as the Altos with the F10D engine, the following pic should help.

This is the pin-out diagram for the C03 connector, I think what you need to tap into is C03-6.

I suggest you confirm it with somebody who's done this before if you're going to DIY.
Thanks srini, these pictures are of immense help, but I have decided to get the Sunpro 2 cylinder tacho to avoid connecting to the ECU. So connecting the sunpro should be comparatively easier.

This is the wiring instruction for the Sunpro tacho

Quote:
DISTRIBUTORLESS IGNITION SYSTEM EQUIPPED ENGINES

If your vehicle’s DIS ignition system has a tachometer output lead set the switch to the 4 Cylinder position for the 4 cylinder engines and to the 6 Cylinder position for the 6 cylinder engines. Connect the tachometer GREEN wire to the vehicle’s tachometer output lead.
If your vehicle’s DIS ignition system does not have a tachometer output lead but allows access to the driver wires from the vehicle computer to the ignition module, set the switch to the 2 Cylinder position regardless of the number of cylinders in the engine. Connect the tachometer GREEN wire to either of the driver wires.

Last edited by Shakensoul : 20th February 2009 at 13:08.
Old 30th August 2013, 10:27   #26
BHPian

Part name and its function

Hi,

I have attached the image of the part which name i wanted to know and also the function of it.

This is on a diesel vehicle, once i know the part name and function i have lot of questions.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Know your car: Under the Hood of a WagonR-wp_000157.jpg  

Old 21st May 2020, 21:15   #27
BHPian

Re: Know your car: Under the Hood of a WagonR

Asking for a friend here.

How to disable a fuel pump or the injectors of the F10D wagon R?

His car was not started for 9 months and is afraid of dry starting the engine.
Old 21st May 2020, 22:15   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
Asking for a friend here.

How to disable a fuel pump or the injectors of the F10D wagon R?

His car was not started for 9 months and is afraid of dry starting the engine.
Pulling the fuse out is the easiest way.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 00:15   #29
BHPian

Where is the fuse located? Can anyone point me the location?
Old 22nd May 2020, 00:23   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
Where is the fuse located? Can anyone point me the location?
Fuse box is located in the engine bay. Attaching screenshots from the owner's manual:

Know your car: Under the Hood of a WagonR-screenshot_20200522002048.jpg

Know your car: Under the Hood of a WagonR-screenshot_20200522002132.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks