Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2012, 21:42   #31
BHPian

Re: i10 1.2: RPM goes up when clutch is pressed. Normal?

I have seen this on my 2008 SX4. (I do not own an i10), but this is a useful feature if you plan to upshift (we always used to accelerate before engaging clutch to avoid loss of power in older cars - this is nifty). ECU can detect engine load (by checking manifold vaccum) and can definitely revv up when clutch is depressed (as load will be reduced). Not all ECUs will know if clutch is active or not (as most of them do not have wiring to tell clutch is pressed or not These wirings would have been unreliable neverthless). However, if there is too much of fluctuation > 500 rpm, blame it on throttle body. Please get it cleaned. Get this done and please share your feedback.
The slight increase in RPM is is also useful if you plan to downshift and/or brake. Brake boosters will be more powerful. I for one, would consider this as a handy feature and not an issue. Not all Service Advisors would have this knowledge to comment, so they might say this will settle after 10,000 kms.
devsoftech is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 19:14   #32
BANNED

Re: i10 1.2: RPM goes up when clutch is pressed. Normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsoftech View Post
I have seen this on my 2008 SX4. (I do not own an i10), but this is a useful feature if you plan to upshift (we always used to accelerate before engaging clutch to avoid loss of power in older cars - this is nifty). ECU can detect engine load (by checking manifold vaccum) and can definitely revv up when clutch is depressed (as load will be reduced). Not all ECUs will know if clutch is active or not (as most of them do not have wiring to tell clutch is pressed or not These wirings would have been unreliable neverthless). However, if there is too much of fluctuation > 500 rpm, blame it on throttle body. Please get it cleaned. Get this done and please share your feedback.
The slight increase in RPM is is also useful if you plan to downshift and/or brake. Brake boosters will be more powerful. I for one, would consider this as a handy feature and not an issue. Not all Service Advisors would have this knowledge to comment, so they might say this will settle after 10,000 kms.
Bang-On Devsoftech!

This is what I was told when my friend had bought his i10 1.2 Kappa Asta version an year back.

The Hyundai Service Manager says that this feature of RPM shooting up slightly for a 1-2 seconds when the clutch pedal is pressed is done for easy upshifting/downshifting of gears. It is effortless is what I was told. It is like blipping of throttle.

Hope this should clear your doubts and hence no problem with the engine, clutch or gearbox whatsoever.

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks