Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2008, 16:36   #16
BHPian

It can also be the boot lid and related mechanism - which is very poorly built
Old 12th September 2008, 19:13   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The sound seems to be a suspension component gotten loose. I hear the monsoons have played havoc on Delhi's roads.
i am not sure,but the very next day i bought the car,(8th aug)it rained heavily in delhi(from morning to evening)

Standard feature of some other cars too, including some Mercs

but is it a standard feature of swift too??.

Last edited by ankit.jhamb : 12th September 2008 at 19:14.
Old 12th September 2008, 20:49   #18
ajitknight

actually i get it from the right rear tire. not from the left. and i have never been able to experience it when i have a person in the back. happens only when the back is unloaded. never felt anything when the back was even slightly loaded.

Old 12th September 2008, 22:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitknight View Post
actually i get it from the right rear tire. not from the left. and i have never been able to experience it when i have a person in the back. happens only when the back is unloaded. never felt anything when the back was even slightly loaded.

i think since you are using DZire ,you may have understood the problem.
have you got any solution from the service centre.?what do you think the cause can be?my sound is like the "left tyre falling from some height""
do you face a problem with the speedometer also,or it rises and comes down perfectly.?
BTW how old is your car .?
Old 13th September 2008, 20:37   #20
ajitknight

yup. its as if the wheel is just falling into the ditch. i took delivery in april. and when i took the service guy for a test drive i could not feel anything . they checked it and said nothing was wrong. will get it checked again after the weekend. and havent noticed the speedo issue. will check and tell u.

Old 13th September 2008, 23:25   #21
BHPian

this is quite simple!! not suspension, not the rear lid, not the tool kit!!!
just remove the rear seat from the locks, stick some small pieces of 2side tape to that buckle were the seat is attached and fix back the rear seat tightly!!! now ride and see!!!!
it worked for me!!!
Old 14th September 2008, 17:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe angelo View Post
this is quite simple!! not suspension, not the rear lid, not the tool kit!!!
just remove the rear seat from the locks, stick some small pieces of 2side tape to that buckle were the seat is attached and fix back the rear seat tightly!!! now ride and see!!!!
it worked for me!!!
ok will check this.BTW you faced the same problem in your dzire??
Old 14th September 2008, 17:57   #23
BHPian

The rear seat base in a Swift is not held by screws. The seat simply rest on two plastic plugs that get lose all the time. I am using pieces of newspaper to tighten those plugs.

This is because Maruti could not afford 2 screws to hold the seat down.
(this is not the case with japanese swift)

One can easily lift the rear seat and view the fuel pump without any tools !

Last edited by aerohit : 14th September 2008 at 17:59.
Old 14th September 2008, 21:45   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
ok will check this.BTW you faced the same problem in your dzire??
i had this prob in my hatch swift!!! fixed it recently! its simply the rear seats prob! just shake the seat in all directions and see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
The rear seat base in a Swift is not held by screws. The seat simply rest on two plastic plugs that get lose all the time. I am using pieces of newspaper to tighten those plugs.

This is because Maruti could not afford 2 screws to hold the seat down.
(this is not the case with japanese swift)

One can easily lift the rear seat and view the fuel pump without any tools !
you are right dude! got it the down portion shake fixed during the free service!
Old 17th September 2008, 14:00   #25
BHPian

guys
checked with the seats,but the problem is still there.any more suggestions for the above problems.

ankit jhamb
Old 17th September 2008, 22:41   #26
BHPian

@GTO : You are absolutely right. Most of the roads are in bad shape cos of heavy rains. Metro work is going on everywhere and they build temporary service roads in the chance if they have to block the main road. They are the worst ones and are all broken now.

@Ankit. I would suggest to get this problem to Authorised service and forcefully make them to the job. Insist on speaking to the mechanic who wold do the job after talking tothe service advisor. Advisors always have excuse for not doing the work, everything is perfect everytime for them. Explain the issue to the mechanic personally. Speak to the manager if needed.

The above mentioned way has helped me fix atleast 3-4 issues on my car which would still have been around had i only talked to the advisor.
Old 21st September 2008, 21:04   #27
BHPian

Got my first service done from APRA AUTOMOBILES okhla,the above mentioned problem is still there.The manager says that he will get the car inspected from MARUTI official.
Now i met another guy who owns a Dzire OUTSID WORKSHOP,and he told me that his car steers towards left from day 1.He also mentioned that he knows 2 customers who have the same problem.Now i dont face this problem,but i feel that my left wheel is touching the brakepad.
Guys any suggestions.Most of the customers on T BHP have got their tyres changed.
mine are still the same JK.

Last edited by ankit.jhamb : 21st September 2008 at 21:05.
Old 22nd September 2008, 13:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ankhit,

> mine are still the same JK.

There can be cases of tyres leading to the car going right or left.

If you are referring to JK tyres that came with the car, I am using a couple of tyres from a Swift (165/80R14) JK Toronados in my Marina in the front axle. After about 12000+ kms I don't have any complaints.
Old 22nd September 2008, 22:53   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi Ankhit,

> mine are still the same JK.

There can be cases of tyres leading to the car going right or left.

If you are referring to JK tyres that came with the car, I am using a couple of tyres from a Swift (165/80R14) JK Toronados in my Marina in the front axle. After about 12000+ kms I don't have any complaints.
thanks for your reply,i am not sure but i think there is manufacturing defect in SWIFT DZIRE(AND SWIFT)DIESEL.The problem of steering wheel going towards left is very common.I am waiting for service centres call so that i can get all the issues solved.
Old 23rd September 2008, 22:22   #30
TOR
BHPian

I am using a Dzire VDi from August 23rd-have changed the tyre's to Michelin XM1+ , usually travel alone-done 1.5K one month completed today and first service also done.

I am not facing any such sound or the car steering to the left/right-the car tracks true-the problem discussed here seems to be from the suspension.

Seats are unlikely to be the problem as the seat scab is fixed to the rear bulkhead unlike the swift.

Take the car to the show room when the maruti technicians come.

What month of manufacture is your car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks