Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2008, 11:07   #31
BHPian

mine is july 2008,the car was given to me within 3-4 days of complaining to maruti,first saw the car on 20th july in the stock yard of dealer.
so i think the manufacturing part is ok in this case.
Old 30th September 2008, 13:23   #32
BHPian

update ::
got the car checked from the maruti person.fortunately/unfortunately there was no sound when he drove the car.even i have heard the sound after the first service just 2-3 times.he told me that if the sound is continous then it is better to get the suspension/shocker checked/changed.he assured me that since the car is under warranty this can be done any time.

The speedometer was behaving similarly in the Other DZire I checked.took time to come to 0.
so i was satisfied with that part.
meanwhile a minor rattle has started from left side mirror area.

ankit jhamb
Old 30th September 2008, 14:23   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi Ankhit,

> mine are still the same JK.

There can be cases of tyres leading to the car going right or left.

If you are referring to JK tyres that came with the car, I am using a couple of tyres from a Swift (165/80R14) JK Toronados in my Marina in the front axle. After about 12000+ kms I don't have any complaints.
Mine are also stock JK tyres and the car goes left. Got it checked with competent motors workshop, and they tried everything they could but it still steers left(alignment,replacing tyre with spare wheel etc.). Finally they said they'll get it checked from Maruti engineer, don't know when though.
Old 30th September 2008, 15:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi saurabh,

> Mine are also stock JK tyres and the car goes left. Got it checked with

Switch the two front tyres and see.
Old 30th September 2008, 22:32   #35
BHPian

@saurabh
since the left steer problem is there in swift too,i think you must ask some swift owners for help.BTW does your speedometer takes time,the maruti person told me that swift and dzire have same electronic meter which tales a liitle time to rise up.

my case is different,the angle of the steering is little titlted towards left (the suzuki "S" sign is a little tilted towards left.now the car will move straight but there is a need for steering adjustment/alignment.
also there is huge amount of wobbling in my left front tyre,which started when my left wheel got jammed within 3 days.
i think there is something wrong with the left braking,not sure what.
Old 4th November 2012, 02:06   #36

Re: Swift DZire-problems

Who says Dzire is a good car?

I own VDI since 2010 (driven 35000km). Taken care of almost every bump and pot hole while driving, used with utmost care, particular about everything associated with it. I have identified and rectified even the slightest noise/problem right from the beginning expecting to maintain it at top-notch condition for at least 3 yrs; since the reviews have always praised this car for maintenance and economy. In fact, throughout this period, I have visited the service centers about 75-80% of the times just for some noise issues.

Within a couple of months of purchase, there was brake caliper noise, which took almost an year to be fixed completely (after escalating it to Maruti twice), because the so called "experienced" staff at centers couldn't understand it ever and gave the unbelievable and silliest explanations.

Then started another metallic thud which is related to steering column, and as expected from the prior experience, I'm still struggling to get that fixed because they are still greasing and calibrating the parts, keeping car for a day and delivering it cleaned & washed.

Thanks to my personal advisor, who's an ex-maruti service center advisor and my basic knowledge that they couldn't just give away with such lame reasons and cut-rate solutions. Can't help, if they don't believe in first-time resolution. Just that it's a waste of a lot of time and energy.

Speaking about the door panels and dashboards, its no better than Tata indica . My friends who have also experienced this interiors rattling problem with their Maruti, suggested me to always drive with loud music . But that's not how it works for me. I need such things to be fixed, since I can hear squeaks even in the loudest noise. That's not all! There are other minor problems, but they can be neglected in comparison to the magnitude of above issues.

Seriously these are basic needs and companies like Toyota & Honda meet this standard quality even with small segment products. Maruti should stop making toy cars that start falling apart within no time.

There are just 2 possibilities about the owners who liked this car, and are facts:
1. They hardly drive it
2. Are unable to identify such problems as not everyone notices closely....no offense

p.s. I'm grateful to my dad and that sales rep who advised me to buy Dzire, instead of SX4. Else I would have paid a lac and a half more to buy this torment.

~Jay Soni

Last edited by aah78 : 4th November 2012 at 02:41. Reason: Text format tags removed.
H-O-H is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 23:32   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-O-H View Post
Who says Dzire is a good car?

I own VDI since 2010 (driven 35000km). Taken care of almost every bump and pot hole while driving, used with utmost care, particular about everything associated with it. I .

There are just 2 possibilities about the owners who liked this car, and are facts:
1. They hardly drive it
2. Are unable to identify such problems as not everyone notices closely....no offense

p.s. I'm grateful to my dad and that sales rep who advised me to buy Dzire, instead of SX4. Else I would have paid a lac and a half more to buy this torment.

~Jay Soni
I used a Dzire taxi today from the airport and was extremely comfortable in the back seat. It handles all the evil Bangalore bumps beautifully and is a real pleasure to sit in.
By contrast I was using a Fiesta cab these last few days on a business trip and I found it to be dreadfully uncomfortable and felt all the bumps that we were forced to drive over in the Bombay monsoons.
Old 17th July 2013, 19:17   #38
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Again last night I used a Swift Dzire Airport Taxi from the Blr airport. The whole day I had used a Logan cab for my work.
The Dzire is so comfortable as to almost be cosseting. Completely noise free engine and very good sound insulation as well. I sat in it and luxuriated after that silly Logan. The rear seat is nice and high set, gives me plenty of under thigh support, legroom and head room. The suspension soaks up every horrid Bangalore bump. Excellent head rests on the rear seat and a good cabin light too, to read by! First class vehicle indeed.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 17th July 2013 at 19:20.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 10:30   #39
BHPian

Hi everyone, I have a Dzire Diesel for about 2.5 years now and I have been extremely happy so far with my ownership but I have problem which I hope, the astute BHPians can solve.

In October, I started the car and went to the grocery store. But on coming back the car would not start up. It would crank but not start up. We tried a few times, and then called Maruti service. Since it was close to the service station, the guys came in about 20 mins. He tried to start the car and it started up on the first attempt. We were baffled to say the least.

Anyways, since it was close to 40K kms, we decided to give the car for service and investigate this problem as well, but the technicians could not find anything and we forgot all about it.

Yesterday, the same thing happened. I went to a restaurant, picked up my food and tried to start the car and it would not!! I tried multiple times but it would not start up. So I went home and came back after 2 hrs and the car started up on the first attempt. After that, I went to multiple places and did not face a single issue.

What could the reason be? Could it be anything with some electronic circuit not getting reset or something?

Thanks in Advance!
Old 4th January 2016, 10:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
Hi everyone, I have a Dzire Diesel for about 2.5 years now and I have been extremely happy so far with my ownership but I have problem which I hope, the astute BHPians can solve.

In October, I started the car and went to the grocery store. But on coming back the car would not start up. It would crank but not start up. We tried a few times, and then called Maruti service. Since it was close to the service station, the guys came in about 20 mins. He tried to start the car and it started up on the first attempt. We were baffled to say the least.

Anyways, since it was close to 40K kms, we decided to give the car for service and investigate this problem as well, but the technicians could not find anything and we forgot all about it.

Yesterday, the same thing happened. I went to a restaurant, picked up my food and tried to start the car and it would not!! I tried multiple times but it would not start up. So I went home and came back after 2 hrs and the car started up on the first attempt. After that, I went to multiple places and did not face a single issue.

What could the reason be? Could it be anything with some electronic circuit not getting reset or something?

Thanks in Advance!
Could be the immobilizer, do you see the immobilizer light glowing on the instrument console when this happens?

When you have this issue, the rolling code on the key and immobilizer don't match, hence the car just cranks and not starts. You may be successful if you try repeatedly turning off completely and then cranking or cranking with the spare key.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 10:46   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Could be the immobilizer, do you see the immobilizer light glowing on the instrument console when this happens?

When you have this issue, the rolling code on the key and immobilizer don't match, hence the car just cranks and not starts. You may be successful if you try repeatedly turning off completely and then cranking or cranking with the spare key.
Thanks DRIV3R!! I am not sure now if it was glowing!! I should have done it
But that seems to be a plausible reason why this happened. Any reason why it started after 2 hours? Does it get reset?
Old 4th January 2016, 10:46   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....I went to a restaurant, picked up my food and tried to start the car and it would not!! ...
....So I went home and came back after 2 hrs and the car started up on the first attempt...
Is your starting motor turning, albeit slowly? If so, the issue should be your battery acting up.

If there absolutely no response when you turn the key, except may be for a click, then its the starting motor solenoid. Usually ASS guys change the whole starting motor, what you can do is remove the starting motor, and take it to a good auto electrition. He will sort the issue out.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 10:48   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Is your starting motor turning, albeit slowly? If so, the issue should be your battery acting up.

If there absolutely no response when you turn the key, except may be for a click, then its the starting motor solenoid. Usually ASS guys change the whole starting motor, what you can do is remove the starting motor, and take it to a good auto electrition. He will sort the issue out.
thanks dhanush! The starting motor seemed fine enough. The cranking happened as it normally does but the engine did not come to life.
Old 4th January 2016, 11:01   #44
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not an expert but since you mentioned it's a Diesel car, have you checked the glow plugs ? I remember having a similar problem in my old Indica and it was fixed by replacing the glow plugs.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 11:05   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I'm not an expert but since you mentioned it's a Diesel car, have you checked the glow plugs ? I remember having a similar problem in my old Indica and it was fixed by replacing the glow plugs.
Hey NPV, thanks! I will get that checked as well. I have to admit that I've never heard of glow plugs until now; I just read up about it on google. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks