Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2008, 18:11   #46
JRD
BHPian

araje: I have to agree with GTO regarding honda having low end torque, it is the main reason you are having trouble in city driving.
My advise would be
1. when crawling in bumper to bumper traffic keep it 1st and release the clutch just a little bit without revving it to get it moving and once the car is moving you can let go the clutch completely.
2. like gto said rev the car a little before releasing the clutch, after a few weeks you and the car will get used to the driving style. remember these fuel injected cars are very adaptive to the driving style.

It should get better once the car clocks a few kms.

Last edited by JRD : 2nd October 2008 at 18:15.
Old 2nd October 2008, 19:41   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Don't know the car, but below 1000rpm is barely idling. I would not expect my Swift to pull away smoothly at 1,000, and low-rev pulling is the speciality of diesel.

Don't worry about the rev counter, drive by feel, and give the car some more revs; it really sounds that that is what it is asking for. Not doing so will stress your engine and clutch.
Ah... my Logan petrol idles at 500 RPM (five hundred) and it pulls comfortably when i release the clutch cheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks