Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2008, 13:04   #1
BHPian

Maruti alto VX front brake problem

hi all,

for the last few days i was getting a feeling that my front left brake is holding on wheel even if i am not applying brake. I opened the wheel myself and saw that pads are holding on to rotor and wheel is very hard to rotate (i understand it will not rotate as free as it does in cycle because of axle but i could feel it is jam). I shown it to mechanic initially he said wheel is all right and there is no problem. But on my insistence he opened the wheel and checked up brakes. He removed the brake caliper and inspected brake pads, they looked worn out to me. but mechanic said to me that once i apply the brake and release they are not going back to original position because brake caliper is not working properly. i could not see this myself because he made me apply the brakes when he was inspecting. i also noticed that rotor has gone black in color and he suggested i get it polished.

I have few questions. how much are new brake pads and brake caliper going to cost if i replace them? how can i determine that my brake rotor needs polishing? does any one has got done such brake repair work recently please guide me? also where can i get genuine maruti brake pads and caliper in south mumbai?( i wish to know shop name i know there are many shops at opera house)

thanks in advance
RP
Old 20th September 2008, 19:26   #2
BHPian

get the brake calliper pin checked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks