Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2008, 20:56   #1
KVS
BHPian

Indica V2 (2005) DLS - Brake problem

Hi,

I have an Indica V2 (2005) DLS model. The problem I faced is when I brake on the high ways the braking distance is high.

I complained to the Dealer (Pandit Auto Pune) they said it is the problem with the Brake booster and they have changed it. They charged me 6,500 for the Brake booster.

I had similar complaint last year (July 2007) and they have done the same last time also.

I am wondering why the brake booster has to be changed twice in three years? Are there any reason why brake booster goes bad? Not sure the dealer is finding the root cause for this problem.

I have complained to TATA Motors and their representative looked at the car and suggested to the Dealer to do the Flushing.

Now the brake is fine, but do not have the comfortable feeling that the brake booster will not give away after few months.

Does any one had similar problem? Can any one suggest what the root cause could be?

Cheers

KVS
Old 25th September 2008, 23:33   #2
KVS
BHPian

I have not received any responses on this query.

Can any one tell me the functionality of Break booster?

Cheers

KVS
Old 26th September 2008, 03:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Brake boosters are supposed to multiply the pedal pressure and apply it to the hydraulic lines with the assistance of a vaccum-fed plunger. Technically.

Practically, it is supposed to stop the car with lesser pedal pressure than originally required. It is quite unusual for your booster to be replaced twice, because brake boosters can be overhauled. By the right mechanic, of-course. In most cases, only the "inner-lining" or "felt" needs to be changed.

Booster failure occurs primarily due to faulty vaccum lines or incorrectly mounted master cylinder/plunger. Check your vaccum lines. Check the mounts as well. Also, bleed your brake lines and check for uneven pad-wear or tandem cylinder play.

Technically, all TATA authorised service centres are supposed to give warranty on the parts for a year or so...so you need to check up on that....

Do take your car to another service station as well for the diagnosis....just in case, for an objective analysis....
Old 26th September 2008, 10:45   #4
BHPian

KVS,
I have been using my Indica for more than 5 years (90Kms+) and I did not have this problem. However, First time in my ownership of Indica, I gave my car for servicing to Pandit Automobiles in Aundh. THey are far from satisfactory in their work, quality management. They also charged me for the work they did not do and when I pointed the same out to them, they blamed their internal billing system for the same.

I have sent written complaint to Tata Motors on the same. I don't think I will go back to Pandit for servicing.

do get your car checked from BU Bhandari either at Wakad or at Mumbai-Pune old highway.

takecare and drive safely
Old 27th September 2008, 14:21   #5
KVS
BHPian

Thanks veyron1. I did complain to the TATA Motors also. They examined the car and said now every thing looks OK.

I will wait for a month or so and see if the breaks condition deteriorate, then I will take it to different service station.

Thanks Rajesh. My Experience with Pandit Auto, has been OK. I will keep your suggestion in mind.

Regards
KVS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks