Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2008, 22:32   #1

New WagonR - Need Advice

Hi Friends,

I am a newbie on Team-BPH and this is my first post.

I bought WagonR Vxi around one month back. However, due to some personal problems I was not able to drive the car much. Till date, it has done only 150 Kms.

I have following concerns:

1. Can this initial non-usage affect the engine performance in any way? If yes, can I do something about it now?

2. As per the Maruti Suzuki guidelines, it is already time for my first service. Should I get the service now, even though I have driven the car only for two days in the entire month?

Thanks in advance,
Dhanmeet
Old 22nd September 2008, 23:01   #2
BHPian

Yes servicing is a must.

To keep your warranty patent you have to comply with the rules and get the first service done at specified time.
Oil change may not be included in the first service but I advice change of oil after 1500km however much it might seem wasteful.
Old 23rd September 2008, 09:09   #3
BHPian

Usually they change the oil in 1st service but since it has clocked 150 it is better to get ti done in 2nd service.
Old 23rd September 2008, 10:08   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
To keep your warranty patent you have to comply with the rules and get the first service done at specified time.
Oil change may not be included in the first service but I advice change of oil after 1500km however much it might seem wasteful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Usually they change the oil in 1st service but since it has clocked 150 it is better to get ti done in 2nd service.
Hi Dhanmeet,

First up, congratulation for the new ride.

Regarding your queries, I completely agree with aka_iitd and drpullockaran. Though you have not run your wagon morethan 150 Km, but still you have to comply with rules. And I don't think keeping your wagon idle for a month will given any negative impact on engine[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
Old 23rd September 2008, 10:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
I was in same situation when I bought the Zen in Chennai. I gave the car for 1st service in end of 1st month. The odo was less than 400kms. (Infact the 36th month service was done with a odo of 8+K )
I would suggest you to give it for service to keep the warranty in place. If you are keeping it idle for long, you can just disconnect the battery leads and things will be ok.
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

If you notice the service plan, they have a KM and a time threshold. So, crossing any one of them, should be the point where the said service is done.

So go ahead and get the service done. No second thoughts. Else the major risk is with respect to the warranty being voided! :(
Old 23rd September 2008, 20:14   #7

Thanks a lot to all. I will get the service done as soon as possible.
Old 24th September 2008, 19:02   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Hi,
If you are keeping it idle for long, you can just disconnect the battery leads and things will be ok.
I had read on some other thread that disconnecting your battery will lead to loss of ECU calibration data, and when you connect the battery again, the ECU will start with default values. Hopefully this should not lead to any problem other than slow initial response to gas pedal.

Also, I have got a remote locking equipped in the car, and there are some settings of this system. Can disconnecting the battery effect these settings as well? Those settings can anyways be reprogrammed, but I am just curious.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks