Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2008, 15:41   #46
BHPian

Fantastic job there Ford! First there was Mad Monkeys case where they did good to his Fiesta with a replacement. And now this. Always satisfying to hear of an automotive organisation taking such care of its customers.

Do update us with how good the deal actually works out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij4all View Post
That night I got a call from a gentleman who spoke in a foreign accent. Introduced himself as the General Manager Asia Pacific and that the MD had forwarded my mail to him and that he was going to try and help me out. For the next 30 minutes, I narrated and vented albeit in a subtle manner. I also told him that Team BHP experts felt that the service centre was shooting in the dark.

At the end of it, the GM asked me how i was managing without my car for the last 12 days. I replied that i used autorickshaws. "First thing Im going to do is give you an alternate car for use" he said. Hmmm.Well begun is half done I thought. "secondly" he continued "Im not promising you anything free but am sending my operations manager to the service centre tommorow to check what has happened to the car and will get back to you".

Next day the same service centre guys and the executive from ford called me up atleast half a dozen times asking me to take the replacement car. I was at work so I wasn't excited about it anyway. Then in the afternoon the GM called back and said that he could confirm that it was because of overheating that the PCM had a circuit problem with the AC and that had also caused the AC compressor to malfunction alongwith the high humming fan noise. He then went on to say that the total cost with labour would work out to approximately Rs 70,000 /-. My heart skipped a beat. "But considering what you have been through, I will be happy to waive off 50% and thus will charge you Rs 35,000". I could not believe my ears. He repeated it again.

I agreed and gave him another proposition. I told him that since I had purchased a secondhand car and was unhappy, he had the option of converting me into a lifetime happy ford customer by exchanging my fusion for a new car and i would be happy to pay the difference. his response " I will be happy to serve you and have you as a customer. I will speak to the dealers and get you the best deal".
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks