Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2008, 11:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I'm still fastest off the lights by miles, just that the kick at 2000rpm is gone, instead I get a very smooth and persuasive shove that builds exponentially with the rpm.

Could some one tell us how a turbo changes as its run-in/ages? Google has been unhelpful.
enjoy Da. smokin heh!! i love that.
As turbo ages (too many miles) develop shaft play. that's it. A good turbo may last as long as engine does but. Keep the oiling proper (thanks..oops..now i remember that i have to check mine).
I have a question. who makes the turbos for Indian Desel cars? I think that it is the manufacturer itself. Or it may be outsourced. Is there anyone else making these?
Old 2nd October 2008, 14:30   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
enjoy Da. smokin heh!! i love that.
As turbo ages (too many miles) develop shaft play. that's it. A good turbo may last as long as engine does but. Keep the oiling proper (thanks..oops..now i remember that i have to check mine).
I have a question. who makes the turbos for Indian Desel cars? I think that it is the manufacturer itself. Or it may be outsourced. Is there anyone else making these?
Hi kutlee,I guess "turbo energy" makes the turbo for tata motors.but there could be more vendors for it.turboenergy is situated at sholingur near vellore and it is part of TVS.
Old 2nd October 2008, 22:17   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

I doubt you have any trouble codes else a check light would have shown up.
Also I don't think a scan tool will show any leakages or if the turbo is spooling unless it shows boost.

Buddy do one thing go to any garage including MASS ask them to do the following in your presence even if they say have already chkd before. Disconnect all plumbing pipes from their couplers and have them refitted and tightened you never know your problem may be solved. I had a similar issue in my Honda and it was a miniscule leak from the coupler clip which came loose under high boost. Took me 30 mins to identify the culprit and 2 mins to solve.

Viper
Thats a valid point. The problem when i go to MASS here is, they dont allow me inside the workshop as they say its against their workshop laws. , i almost had a fight with the service supervisor in SITARAM motors, and that guy was like a rowdy acting too smart. I dont know why he was showing up like that even when i got a special permission from the manager at the MASS. He kept calling the mechanic away for some other work so that mine was not done. Atlast i had to come off the workshop area and just returned back with the car. The MASS people here in Trichur are not at all customer friendly and are so arrogant. You cannot expect service from them, I Am fed up. May be i should write a mail to Maruti and sue these people for being so arrogant to the customer.

IT WAS MY WORST EXPERIENCE WITH MARUTI AT SITARAM MOTORS. THEY ARE THE WORST IN CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AS PER ME IN TRICHUR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
@srikant-did you get the scanning done. This would be a good idea and should give you a clear indication of the problem.
i ll get the scanning done pal if only i find a responsible MASS here. I better wait till i get to bangalore for sustomer friendly people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
There is a vacuum actuator pipe. If that has cracked or there is a leak, the boost may not be as expected and all tests will be normal.

Just change the vacuum hose and things will be fine again.
Point noted pal, will keep you all updated of the progress.
Old 5th October 2008, 11:00   #34
BHPian

Hi all there,
At last my problem is solved, Thanks to all BHPIANs for their support and suggestions. I took the car to MASS here and told them to get the couplers checked and get it tightened. I told my problem exactly and feels like a leak in plumbing. They checked it all and gave back the car by noon after a clean wash. And my car as good as new again. Though that surge is not upto my expectations as it was earlier, atleast its somewhere close and they said that its the same for other cars too.

There was another swift DDIS which had clocked 30K kms there. Requested the owner and got a test drive in his car, after driving that car, when i drove my car, it felt like a rocket and more silent. So am back happy and happy as ever with my sweety car. I love my car.

AGAIN A BIG THANKS TO RIPPER, VIPER, JAGGU AND ALL OTHER TEAM BHPIANS FOR THEIR SUPPORT AND CONTRIBUTION. THANKS FRIENDS.

AM MAKING LOTS OF GOOD FRIENDS OVER HERE ALL OVER INDIA AND I AM PROUD OF IT AS ALL ARE AUTO ENTHUSIASTS. GREAT COMMUNITY, GREAT MEMBERS AND THE BEST OF ALL MODERATORS. THANKS TEAM BHP.

NOW I AM IN THE PROCESS OF ADDING A TEAM BHP STICKER FOR MY CAR, GIVING IT A BHPIAN STATUS
Old 5th October 2008, 11:12   #35
Team-BHP Support

which coupler did they check/tighten? and which MASS did you take, might be useful info for others in Trichur in the future.
Old 5th October 2008, 11:43   #36
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Hi all there,
At last my problem is solved, ...........THANKS TEAM BHP.

NOW I AM IN THE PROCESS OF ADDING A TEAM BHP STICKER FOR MY CAR, GIVING IT A BHPIAN STATUS
Well, we should all thank you for getting things done,and Viper for sending us down the right track.
I'm getting the turbo plumbing checked, would be nice to know which coupler it is and how long it took. Great work srikant.

Old 5th October 2008, 18:50   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
which coupler did they check/tighten? and which MASS did you take, might be useful info for others in Trichur in the future.
I dont know that exactly Jaggu, I had been to Motowings near Puzhakal. I was told that every thing seemed fine but still i just told them to tighten all the coulplers in the plumbing of turbo and intercooler. And they did it. As per them there is no damage anywhere as the car has not hit that area. So no problem, just something might have got loose due to the jerk or may be i noticed it only after the accident.

I did not get a proper response from MOTOWINGS when i went there the first time as it was a lunch break and no much mechanics where there and they just called a guy n he did not know much about the diesel engine. Later i came to know from one of my friend that there are 2 mechanics in MOTOWINGS namely Peter/Santosh who have undergone training for DDIS. So went there again and got it checked. Some how its solved now. Thats it.

They said they are open on Sundays too from now on but please dont go there on sunday as the good mechanics are having an off then. So you ll not get a good job.

I had been there today again as my LH headlight went kaput last night. Took it there to find out that the holder had melted. So changed the holder to ceramic holders ( i am using PHILIPS rally 130/100 watts bulb with a cutout relay of 12v 30 Amps, and had not known of ceramic holders then. Got to know of it from Team BHP, thanks again).

Since it was a small job of changing 1 LH bulb only, they did not take it inside the workshop, so i could see the whole process. They took off the battery and then found the bulb blown off and the holder slightly melted. He just inserted the new buld in to the already melted old holder. I stopped him and asked for a ceramic holder and they had it, so i changed both LH/RH holders to ceramic onces (then the guy told me, as it is sunday electrician is on leave we dont know much). Then i too just got involved into it and with my little common sense and no much knowledge got the ceramic holders connected. I was worried at first if it would work and was praying to god when i switched on the lights after connecting the battery. Luckily all was fine and my sweety is back on road with perfect shape and both the eyes back to shape. Atleast i learnt something new hear today. I dont understand why these MASS dont allow us to see when they are workingon the car. God knows what all they do with the car when we leave the car for service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Well, we should all thank you for getting things done,and Viper for sending us down the right track.
I'm getting the turbo plumbing checked, would be nice to know which coupler it is and how long it took. Great work srikant.
Hey thanks to all of you friends, i am happy now.I left the car in the morning and it was ready by noon. Did not wait as i had some personal work to attend to.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks