Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2008, 22:55   #16
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Hi chetans,

You seem to be stuck with mechanics who don't seem very knowledgeable. It could be a wheel bearing problem, but considering the mileage you've covered (9,000 KMS) its too short a time for that to happen.

My advice would be to get the car checked at another MASS.

Cheers,

gpa
Old 10th October 2008, 11:49   #17
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
i didnt get what to check while "just try rotating the tyres". i have been told by service guy that there is somekind of "out" in both the front wheels. does it mean i need to replace them in this case?
By rotating I meant to put the front tyres at the rear and the rear at the front, that should take care of front tyre noises.

As a matter of fact, My honda City makes some sound from the front left wheel, something like the bearing!!, but Honda service center confirmed that the bearing is Ok, and the noise is b'coz of one bad tyre. [driven 4 months after that, didn't get time to rotate )
Old 15th October 2008, 13:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
As a matter of fact, My honda City makes some sound from the front left wheel, something like the bearing!!, but Honda service center confirmed that the bearing is Ok, and the noise is b'coz of one bad tyre. [driven 4 months after that, didn't get time to rotate )
Hi SLK,
How much have you clocked on your ODO? Does the NHC need a mandatory bearing change at 40k KM? How much do the Honda guys charge per bearing?
Mine is nearing the 35K service and I already had my RHS front wheel bearing replaced did it outside as the *** guy quoted 4.5k for changing a bearing.
Old 15th October 2008, 18:22   #19
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by battada View Post
Hi SLK,
How much have you clocked on your ODO? Does the NHC need a mandatory bearing change at 40k KM? How much do the Honda guys charge per bearing?
Mine is nearing the 35K service and I already had my RHS front wheel bearing replaced did it outside as the *** guy quoted 4.5k for changing a bearing.
Mine's done 35k as of now, but the sound's been there since 25k or 30k (don't remember). I don't know how much bearing change costs because honda had claimed it to be ok!

That sound started right after the 25k or 30k service, so sent it back to honda. They said its because of tyre, since they rotated that.

Or maybe there's a catch, the car was in warranty then and they wanted to avoid it!

Last edited by SLK : 15th October 2008 at 18:24.
Old 26th October 2008, 10:15   #20
BANNED

Gurus, is the thread below related?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...en-estilo.html

Please go through the link to livemint news in the above thread.
Old 27th October 2008, 21:12   #21
BHPian

@chetans

See if the following information helps your issue.

Maruti Suzuki replacing part in 28,500 cars - Home - livemint.com
Old 28th October 2008, 12:56   #22
BHPian

@tush, @backseatdriver,
thanks for sharing the info.

looks to be the same problem.
i had got my front wheel shaft replaced but was never informed by the service guys that there was problem in the original part.
i would preferred to get this info from the serivce guys in the first place :(
Old 13th August 2019, 23:28   #23
BHPian

Re: Problem with my Wagonr

Hello.

For the past 3 months, I had been experiencing some screeching noise from the driver's seat of our Wagonr. Though not very often, it arises when driving in rough roads and during long journeys. Had gone to a service centre (not MASS), 2 months ago. The problem was solved initially, but it returned again after 2 weeks.

Last week, I just removed the thick plastic covering, which covers the seat back adjusting mechanism. The noises are gone for now, but have to use it without the plastic covering. What could be the reason behind this noise? Any idea?

Another problem, which our Wagonr has, is that while opening the front passenger door from outside, it opens with a slightly different sound (an additional "knock" sound) when compared with the driver side door of the Wagonr and the front doors of our Stingray.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Sooraj.
Attached Thumbnails
Problem with my Wagonr-img20190810wa0002.jpg  

Most Viewed