Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2008, 00:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Dan, I don't think that will be replaced under warranty.
Old 14th October 2008, 20:54   #32
BHPian

abhik: any updates on your car?
Old 14th October 2008, 22:10   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_shadow View Post
lower arm bushes & ball joints for 1000. & front strut bush kit for 400 is what my bill says.
Quote:
abhik: any updates on your car?
Thanks for the info bro, as of now my car is doing fine, i just notice a slight sway during high speed cornering sometimes and i am just guessing that since the car was driven quite extensively this monsoon so the bushes might have worn off due to constant wet and dry conditions making rubber hard and developing cracks and wears off easily and also the BAD conditions of Delhi roads taking a toll on the suspensions.

So whenever the swaying gets worse i will update on the work done.

My brother paid Rs.300 for front strut bushes for his Astra, so i guess prices should be hovering around Rs.300-500 because they also have qualities in local products too.
So prices you paid are damn cheap compared to what Ford might have robbed you of.
So is the car good now?

Last edited by abhik : 14th October 2008 at 22:20.
Old 15th October 2008, 09:46   #34
Senior - BHPian

Dan - whats happening ? Have you got anymore work done?
Old 15th October 2008, 17:29   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
So prices you paid are damn cheap compared to what Ford might have robbed you of.
So is the car good now?
yep car is back to it's original handling. i won't go anywhere near ford dealerships
Old 15th October 2008, 18:29   #36
BHPian

Quote:
yep car is back to it's original handling. i won't go anywhere near ford dealerships
Great! I too will head to the mechanic who fixed the Astra for the bushes when they wear out.
You know with Ford cars especially the Ikon, these mechanical works are managed by locals well but any engine or electrical issues and Ford is the only place you can go.
I hope my car last for another year or so till the time the installments are up and i can get a reliable vehicle.
Old 15th October 2008, 20:43   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Great! I too will head to the mechanic who fixed the Astra for the bushes when they wear out.
You know with Ford cars especially the Ikon, these mechanical works are managed by locals well but any engine or electrical issues and Ford is the only place you can go.
I hope my car last for another year or so till the time the installments are up and i can get a reliable vehicle.
for engine work (which is going to come up soon in my car), i'm going to go to ford only to buy parts if possible. i have already found out good reliable mechanics here in bangalore who will do the job. this includes bosch car service. i really wouldn't call these guys typical local mechanics. they are well reputed. the trick is to find good people. i guess here in bangalore we have an advantage in that respect - that we have good non company mechanics if you know who.
Old 15th October 2008, 22:26   #38
BHPian

Quote:
for engine work (which is going to come up soon in my car), i'm going to go to ford only to buy parts if possible. i have already found out good reliable mechanics here in bangalore who will do the job. this includes bosch car service. i really wouldn't call these guys typical local mechanics. they are well reputed. the trick is to find good people. i guess here in bangalore we have an advantage in that respect - that we have good non company mechanics if you know who.
Very true! You Bangy Boys are at a definate advantage that ways, i have heard a lot about most people there believing in hiding a beast under their bonnet and little exterior mods which would probably be functional and quite a few people who do these kind of mod jobs and mechanical work, its the opposite here up north, with VERY few people who know what they do and do it damn well, thankfully i know one and probably he is the only one here with all the know how.
Bosch should definately be good. I too have a guy on the inside(a service advisor)who gets me parts at 50% the price and i get the work done my ford mechanics outside the Ford Workshop.
This process was very frequent till a few month ago but thankfully it has stopped. Lets hope things remain the same for sometime.
Old 30th October 2008, 18:47   #39
Senior - BHPian

With the Problem still not resolved i went to another Mech.

On Checking everything he told me that the Tie-Rod ends were interchanged. That is the Left to the right and the right to the left. So the previous mech while refitting the tie-rod ends did not bother to see and put them on just like that.
Previously the car would run around in circles if the steering was turned to left/right. Now after getting the tie-rod ends to its original place it doesnt happen. So that problem is solved.
Are the tie-rod ends different for the left and the right..??

The swaying which still persists is because of the NEW LOWER ARMS being damaged again. So have given the lower arms to the old mech. He will replace them for me with no extra charge. Hopefully this will solve my problem.

The new Mech says that because of the Tie-rod ends being interchanged from left to right, it had caused damage to the Lower Arms.

Most Viewed