Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2008, 10:57   #1
BHPian

Oil patch below Ignition Coil

Hi Fellow BHPians,

This morning while getting CNG filled in my car (WagonR - 2003, 83K on ODO), I observed a small oil patch below one of the ignition coils. I checked whether the cap from where the engine oil is filled is loose and it was intact. I am pretty sure that the oil spill was not from there.

I haven't observed this behaviour ever before.

My query is:
Is this something which I can live with or is this the signal of something big coming .

If I visit M.A.S.S. for a check, what exactly should I ask them to do/look for ?
Old 30th September 2008, 21:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Does WagonR have more than one ignition coils? AFAIK, it is fitted with DDLI and that is one single integrated unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khandelwal View Post
Hi Fellow BHPians,

This morning while getting CNG filled in my car (WagonR - 2003, 83K on ODO), I observed a small oil patch below one of the ignition coils.

Last edited by gd1418 : 30th September 2008 at 21:27.
Old 1st October 2008, 09:47   #3
BHPian

Yes, there are two ignition coils - each attached to a couple of spark plugs.

I am sure as I have recently got one of the ignition coils replaced. The patch is visible below the other coil quite near to oil filler cap.
Old 13th March 2009, 21:14   #4

Ignition Coil on Fusion Replaced...

Ignition coil is not such a part that has some oil or replaceable parts. If it becomes useless then its completely replaced. If there is some slight problem then the car will vibrate as my car used to do from 2 yrs. And when one of the chambers stoped proper current flow then engine started missing in one of the cylinders. Its not repairable, it doesnt consist of many small parts and it is to be changed when shorted. what you can do is clean the oil. And mostly coils get destroyed due to water splashes when hot.
Old 13th March 2009, 21:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

You might need an O-ring/oil seal at the coil replaced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks