Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2008, 22:03   #1
Rai
BANNED

Tata Sierra Power Window - Not working

Hello All,

The PoweWindow in my Tata-Sierra is dead Slow. At times I have to push the Glass up by Hand.
I think I need to Get the unit replaced or Serviced. Please advice.
If I have to replace the PowerWindow Motor, then Whether afterMarket PowerWindow Motor is available which Suites Tata-Sierra?
and if I have to Service it, where can I do it in Mangalore (or Bangalore)?
Please advice
Old 6th October 2008, 22:20   #2
BHPian

Approach a competent mechanic and ask him to grase the power window railings (i presume-i am not getting the right word.
Old 7th October 2008, 11:57   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Cement mixer! I remember someone coining this term for the Sierra's power window motors. They are damn noisy and,within a short time, get too weak for the job. Why don't you consider putting in newer powerful motors too?
Old 7th October 2008, 17:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ah. Yes. The crikey ol' window problem. No solution apart from replacing the winder/motor assy. The problem is that the Sierra's winder is mechanically driven, unlike the current wire-wound winder systems, which stresses the motor real quick...

Get the units from the Safari. A few holes have to be drilled, and a bit of mounting adjustments here and there have to be done, but those units will solve your problems. At 4500+ each, power window winder assemblies are expensive, though....
Old 7th October 2008, 23:52   #5
Rai
BANNED

Manual

Hi,
From the explanation it looks like its better for me to go for Manual operation....like in basic Model Cars
Old 3rd November 2008, 19:03   #6
Rai
BANNED

Problem Solved

Hi All,

Tried all methods but Power Window was dead Slow. Atlast got a new Power Window Motor (Just to test) and tried it and same was the case.

Then my Mechanic told me, let us put a new Wire and try and Voila, that was the problem. So I went back to my Original Units and its working very fine now.
Culprit: Wiring was very old (1994) and hence it was not taking the load.

Speaking of wiring, it looks like its a huge disaster waiting to happen. Am sure this will put me in big trouble in a very near future, in middle of heavy traffic, when it is raining heavily .
So to solve this, my Question is: Do I get Sierra Wiring Kit outside? Either from Tata or others? Please let me know.

Regards
Rai
Old 8th November 2008, 12:28   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Hi All,

Tried all methods but Power Window was dead Slow. Atlast got a new Power Window Motor (Just to test) and tried it and same was the case.

Then my Mechanic told me, let us put a new Wire and try and Voila, that was the problem. So I went back to my Original Units and its working very fine now.

Speaking of wiring, it looks like its a huge disaster waiting to happen. Am sure this will put me in big trouble in a very near future, in middle of heavy traffic, when it is raining heavily .
So to solve this, my Question is: Do I get Sierra Wiring Kit outside? Either from Tata or others? Please let me know.

Regards
Rai
Will be difficult, but you should. But first try with any known diesel mechanic within your city. Replacing the wiring kit a herculian task and time consuming.

Last edited by Swifty2008 : 8th November 2008 at 12:29. Reason: Typo
Old 12th December 2009, 12:39   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Hi All,

I have the similar problem and am new in bangalore, can you tell me where can I get the problem corrected. If not a issue then tell me the mechanic who solved the issue for you.

Thanks
Pradeep
Old 14th December 2009, 14:46   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by usrivpx View Post
I have the similar problem and am new in bangalore, can you tell me where can I get the problem corrected. If not a issue then tell me the mechanic who solved the issue for you.

Thanks
Pradeep
Try Aleem on JC road. 9901693419
You can give him my reference as Harsha (Advocate) with Silver Hyundai Accent and he will take good care.
Old 18th March 2010, 00:07   #10
BHPian

Hey Rai, any luck in getting the wiring kit in Bangalore? Looks like I need to get it done as well. Where in Bangalore did you find them? If you found them.

Keep us updated.

Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks