Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2014, 09:40   #16
BANNED

Re: Greasing points for a Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
I too wonder about the same, have seen the local water service wallahs applying grease underneath in the joints for the trucks and autorikshaws. But never seen it done in car. Though i suppose the service station to grease appropriate parts during servicing.
Rememvber Grease can be a mud trap and carrier.
Old 26th August 2014, 11:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

trucks have a solid rear axle/differential in the rear where grease is applied after water service. Moreover the rear differential in these type of automobiles has a 'grease point' unlike the passenger cars which have 'sealed grease points' thus complicating issues.
Old 26th August 2014, 12:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Greasing Points in a car would/should be limited to the below:

1) All Four Door Hinges
2) Bonnet release lever
3) Dicky/Hatch rear door hinges
4) Seat rails for aft and fore movements
5) Battery Terminals

Ideally, we can use vaseline as it is clean and stain free. Else, white grease can be used.
Old 26th August 2014, 13:00   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suspension greasing/lubricating/tuning on a Eeco

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
The radiator housing is corroded for some reason but there is nothing that seems out-of-order but there is definite grating to the suspension.
The radiator housing gets corroded in Eeco due to a design issue which is well known to Maruti dealers.

My dad owns an Eeco which is from the first batches (~ 5.5 years old). Around 6 months back we too noticed radiator housing coming off in pieces. On taking to MASS it was diagnosed as due to water from AC water hose getting accumulated in the housing of radiator and getting it corroded.

The part was not easily available and had to wait for around 4 days to arrive, you too can check the same.
Old 26th August 2014, 13:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

yes, I went underneath (it's quite high, the Eeco i.e and you can easily slide in below) and found the airconditioner condensate outlet was eerily close to the radiator, could be that it drips onto the same since a moving car would create enough force for the water to easily seep into such places, surely a design flaw.

though my main issue was with the grinding feeling coming from rear and a creaking in the front suspension area which may be rectified if the rear differential was oiled/greased and struts/bush etc were lubricated or changed. Unlike in conventional cars, this thing has a solid rear axle, which means a rear differential just like in trucks or flat bed mahindra pickups which can be serviced by changing oil etc. In fact shell gives out an oil change manual for Eeco which mentions rear differential oil, gear oil, engine oil etc etc.

lubematch.shell.com/in/en_GB/equipment/cars/maruti_suzuki/eeco_1_2l_EFt8Pj0V5
Old 26th August 2014, 15:27   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
though my main issue was with the grinding feeling coming from rear and a creaking in the front suspension area which may be rectified if the rear differential was oiled/greased and struts/bush etc were lubricated or changed.
Is this grinding noise which you mention reproduced only on hard acceleration and / certain speeds? Our vehicle also has a similar issue. However unable to reproduce it at service center since it is reproduced only randomly.
Old 26th August 2014, 15:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

usually after exiting a pothole, or on poor roads. It used to not be the case initially when the vehicle was new, it is more so now and I think the culprit for this is the differential oil. Maruti service manual may say that it is to be changed only upon 40K kms but I think 3-4 year are enough for the oil to lose its original properties.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 13:28   #23

always a good point to grease the drive shafts...4 to 6 points. Should be done periodically especially if offoarding on sand and mud.

I am looking to grease my tyre pressure compressor. Can anyone advise what to use. Single piston, DC motor driven. I cleaned it for sand as it was seizing. Perhaps Anti seize?
Old 25th January 2016, 10:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Ideally, we can use vaseline as it is clean and stain free. Else, white grease can be used.
Recently I noticed that during last summer, the vaseline that I put at the hinges just dripped out of it when I parked it in sun. Not sure if the quality of product has gone down.

To counter this I have moved to dielectric grease. Colorless, smooth and does not washout or melt under the sun (withstands 200 C).

Costly but worth it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks