Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2011, 10:59   #211
BHPian

re: Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitm View Post
ECM Update I did not check what this update was for. Read posts from fellow BHPians Vinj and Behemoth and insisted service center to do the update. According to Vinj and Behemoth Skoda has release updates to improve AC performance. Another fellow Bhpian Luky_13 says this patch has fixes for some steering issues, fuel pump issues. Again i personally do not know what this update is for.

Post service i do have a feeling that the AC performance has improved. I also feel i am able to drive in 2nd gear at speeds where previously i was forced to shift to 1st gear. Off course all of this could be placebo But i am happier nevertheless.

The other observation which i have is, the engine certainly feels a wee bit noiser..or as some would call it it has a diesel grunt. Hoping it should settle down in a couple of days and is due to change over from Shell Helix Ultra Extra to Castrol SLX Prof.
Can you tell me if this update was only for New laura cars only or can be done on Old Laura also as I have a 2007 Laura L&K AT.
Old 15th December 2011, 11:09   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitm View Post
Front wind screening misting again a know problem with almost all Laura's. The fix involves stopping air from leaking towards the windscreen. Dashboard is opened to do this. Stay away in case you are scared of introducing new rattles in the dash
Yes, I suppose its common to most Laura's. On this thread itself, a lot has been discussed about this. Simple solution (which I follow) is place the knob between face and leg.

Quote:
Rattle from the rear underside I could diagnose this as coming from outside the car because was able to hear only when the windows are rolled down. Exact location of rattle was identified by the service centre guys and apparently it took them a while to locate it
Again, most Laura's have the same issue. But rear underside is a new look to that rattle. In my case, its the parcel tray (I assume).

Quote:
ECM Update I did not check what this update was for. Read posts from fellow BHPians Vinj and Behemoth and insisted service center to do the update. According to Vinj and Behemoth Skoda has release updates to improve AC performance. Another fellow Bhpian Luky_13 says this patch has fixes for some steering issues, fuel pump issues. Again i personally do not know what this update is for.
Wow, didnt know of this. Need to check with the ASC here, if they do such requests.

Quote:
The other observation which i have is, the engine certainly feels a wee bit noiser..or as some would call it it has a diesel grunt. Hoping it should settle down in a couple of days and is due to change over from Shell Helix Ultra Extra to Castrol SLX Prof.
Well, after my second servicing, I do notice a louder grunt too. Especially at lower speeds, but I suppose its the oil change thats the factor causing it.

Any change that you notice. Post changing to Castrol. Or is it too early to tell.
Old 16th December 2011, 10:51   #213
Senior - BHPian

Anyone installed HID Xenon in your Laura? I am planning now but I am able to get the OEM color dats 4300k only in P8 and not philips! P8 requires additional relay to be installed with the kit. Confused as to why relay would be required with HID. Should I go for the p8? Or wait for philips.... Or should i go with philips 6000k?
Old 18th December 2011, 08:26   #214
BHPian

Folks, my Laura is due doe the first service in Jan 2011, any suggestions on what dealer to go with? Have been going to JMD's Kandivali workshop, I some how don't like that place! Views and experiences will help!
Old 18th December 2011, 09:22   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
Laura is due for the first service in Jan 2011,
Please read that at Jan 2012 and not 2011!
Old 18th December 2011, 11:01   #216
BHPian

Guys, sharing some info may be useful. I just got the Gear Oil replaced for Rs. 11.5k and Front Brake Pads for Rs. 4.5k from A.S.S. at 62k kms.
Old 18th December 2011, 13:05   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
Folks, my Laura is due doe the first service in Jan 2011, any suggestions on what dealer to go with? Have been going to JMD's Kandivali workshop, I some how don't like that place! Views and experiences will help!
JMD are good, why you don't like them, bad experience?
Old 18th December 2011, 13:37   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post

Well, after my second servicing, I do notice a louder grunt too. Especially at lower speeds, but I suppose its the oil change thats the factor causing it.

Any change that you notice. Post changing to Castrol. Or is it too early to tell.
Engine already seems to a have settled down in terms of noise.

But i do find it performing better especially at lower speeds resulting in fewer gear changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
Can you tell me if this update was only for New laura cars only or can be done on Old Laura also as I have a 2007 Laura L&K
AT.
As far as I understand the update must be model specific, i think you should check with your service advisor.

Last edited by rohitm : 18th December 2011 at 13:39.
Old 19th December 2011, 01:09   #219
BHPian

I am looking to replace my OEM skoda "audience" music system with an after market double din navigation, cum reverse camera compatible dvd player/ music system. Any suggestions? has anyone done this on his/her laura? compatibility with the speakers, amplifier, steering controls??? all help is appreciated.
Old 19th December 2011, 01:35   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
I am looking to replace my OEM skoda "audience" music system with an after market double din navigation, cum reverse camera compatible dvd player/ music system. Any suggestions? has anyone done this on his/her laura? compatibility with the speakers, amplifier, steering controls??? all help is appreciated.
u got the new laura?
Old 19th December 2011, 09:44   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
u got the new laura?
No, i have the 2007 LnK Manual transmission. But i saw a retrofit pioneer All in one dvd/navigation/reverse camera capable unit in a 2008 superb, so i guess it can be done in the laura also. Any Pointers?
Old 19th December 2011, 10:29   #222
BHPian

Guys I could hear a thug thug noise from the front driver side suspension, so I went to the A.S.S. to get the problem rectified and they gave me a list of parts to be replaced.

1. Front LHS Inner CV joint
2. Arm bush 7 arm bracket
3. Front & rear both link rods
4. Front both arm ball joint
5. Front both shocker MNTG & bearing
6. Front brake disc
7. Front right side upper body cover (after C/R)

The total expense for all this would Rs. 60-65k .
help.
Old 19th December 2011, 11:06   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
No, i have the 2007 LnK Manual transmission. But i saw a retrofit pioneer All in one dvd/navigation/reverse camera capable unit in a 2008 superb, so i guess it can be done in the laura also. Any Pointers?
Kevin, it sure can be done. Since this a 07 Laura, no question of warranty on that either. Head to any decent accessory shop. They shall do it. I would recommend either Poona Motors in Camp, or Bhandari Auto on JM road.

Quote:
Guys I could hear a thug thug noise from the front driver side suspension, so I went to the A.S.S. to get the problem rectified and they gave me a list of parts to be replaced.

1. Front LHS Inner CV joint
2. Arm bush 7 arm bracket
3. Front & rear both link rods
4. Front both arm ball joint
5. Front both shocker MNTG & bearing
6. Front brake disc
7. Front right side upper body cover (after C/R)

The total expense for all this would Rs. 60-65k .
help.
Ricky, didnt your car just come back from servicing? If so, then were these problems mentioned to you, or did you just discover the noise, once you started driving it again?

I suggest, take it to another SC and get it checked.
Your's was a preworshipped, right? Why not go to an independant garage then?
Old 19th December 2011, 12:06   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Ricky, didnt your car just come back from servicing? If so, then were these problems mentioned to you, or did you just discover the noise, once you started driving it again?

I suggest, take it to another SC and get it checked.
Your's was a preworshipped, right? Why not go to an independant garage then?
No, I just got the Gear Oil and Brake pads replaced which are done every 30k kms. I could hear the noise earlier also that is why during my last visit I mentioned this problem and they gave me this quotation.
I think its time I shift to an independent garage atleast for this work.
Old 19th December 2011, 12:09   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think its time I shift to an independent garage atleast for this work.
I think, you can show it to a competent independant garage. Check with them on this, if its somewhere around the same quote, then take a call.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks