Team-BHP - Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/47047-skoda-laura-problems-solutions-thread-51.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by raihan (Post 3521298)
The technician @ vinayak said it's not an issue & cleared the fault during the 20K service.

This is convenient for them and many service centres do this instead of fault finding. When they did this to me, I had once diagnosed the problem myself and pin pointed which sensor was faulty. Now the best part... They couldn't find the part no. for that sensor and that too I had to dig up for 'em. And they happily ordered the part and replaced it, and that's how we rectify faults! These A.S.S. centres should not have the dots in between the 3 alphabets!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by v_2rahjo (Post 3521723)
Mine is a 2012 model and I still got rain sensing wipers and a cooled glove box :)

I meant post 2011 Laura TSI Ambient/ Ambition models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj (Post 3521743)
This is convenient for them and many service centres do this instead of fault finding. When they did this to me, I had once diagnosed the problem myself and pin pointed which sensor was faulty. Now the best part... They couldn't find the part no. for that sensor and that too I had to dig up for 'em. And they happily ordered the part and replaced it, and that's how we rectify faults! These A.S.S. centres should not have the dots in between the 3 alphabets!!

Exactly. This is where a VCDS cable comes handy. No ullu banoing! Owning a Skoda is quite an experience isn't it? lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoshbhat (Post 3521800)
Exactly. This is where a VCDS cable comes handy. No ullu banoing! Owning a Skoda is quite an experience isn't it? lol:

The reason why VAG cars are popular among mod enthusiasts abroad is this. Its like a hobby to tune, mod, retrofit and carry out DIYs and the most mod friendly among cars I would say are VAG cars globally. It's like big boy's LEGO. You have so much stuff from the vast model range to mix and match. It's fun. Obviously such an enthusiast would know a lot more and can do much more than a normal A.S.S. fellow. For the A.S.S. guy its just work, for the other guy its a hobby, it's passion. It's fun to teach the A.S.S. guy how to do his job in a better way! :D

My TSI comes with rain sensors & yesterday evening I noticed the wipers come on a few times(single swipe) w/o any trace of rain, any idea on why this would happen or am I missing something here? are they so sensitive to moisture?

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 3516619)
Exactly the same thing happened to my car today, after 3 years and 9 months my Laura's battery died. The first thing i will have to do tomorrow morning is buy a new battery for my car.

How much did the Amaron Battery for your car cost?

Just for the information of fellow Laura owners- I got an Amaron Battery with 36 months warranty for 6300 Rupees.

2 of the cells in the OEM battery were dead.

EDIT: Sorry for the typo, It was 6300 not 4300.

Hey bhpians,

Please listen to another Skoda thrilling story and help me out.

My parents were driving from Hisar to Gurgaon in our 2007 Skoda Laura L&K 1.9 AT. Suddenly the car went to neutral & eventually stopped and was no longer moving. The car was taking self and idling normally but PRNDS light at the MID was blinking. When I switched to D mode it was just taking acceleration but no movement. I got the car towed to the Skoda A.S.S. and they refused to see the car in the evening because it was closing time. Now I will go in the morning and they will start working on it. I am hoping it is only flywheel as it was due for replacement and not any other damage. Please help if anyone has faced this issue before.

Ok so the problem has been rectified. It was the flywheel only, it was completely free that's why the car was not moving. A road test has been done, the car is driving fine now but there is engine check light coming which should not be a big issue. Will update the final billing details when I receive the car.

I visited the workshop today hoping that I will receive my car but there is a minor seepage that the A.S.S. mechanic showed me from the Multi-clutch. I am sure now they are going to suggest me to get the Multi-clutch replaced. Another trick to increase the billing, I feel this minor seepage can be stopped by changing some oil seal or something of that sort, although I am not an expert. I talked to the mechanic directly (because service advisers are the biggest cheaters) to get to know if it can be rectified in some other way, he suggested that he can be sure only when the gearbox is opened. Will get a report by lunch time tomorrow. Let's hope another INR 50 k stays in my pocket.

An observation, I went to Giriraj Motors workshop today to see the status of my car's repair/replacement. On arriving the workshop I went to straight to the car and saw the Multi-clutch. There is a nice mechanic at Giriraj, his name is Shahid who was working on my car. As I have visited the workshop 3-4 times, I happened to have interesting conversation with him about the technicalities.

The service adviser Mr. Deepak came to me and started telling me that they have to change the multi-clutch. I told him to call the mechanic, he came with some random guy who didn't even work on my car and started telling me that there is some play in the multi-clutch that's why there is seepage. I asked him to show me where is the play and he couldn't figure out. Deepak was randomly trying places in the multi-clutch to see if there is a loose part. I straight away told him that how did you even come with some random guy who didn't even work on my car. Then he went to another mechanic and was talking to him for 5 mins, I figured they want to rip me off and I went to Shahid, I told him to frankly tell me if there is a problem in the multi-clutch, he came and inspected the car and said only the cover is problem, rest all is fine. Deepak was insisting on getting the multi-clutch replaced and I told him to just get the cover replaced which has the oil seal of multi-clutch. They told me there will be jittering etc. but I held my stand and told them to just change the cover. They do not have the part at the moment and it will take another 1-2 days. The cover Multi-clutch costs INR 6,000 and the whole Multi-clutch costs INR 32,000. I am expecting the final bill to be around INR 72,000 with the flywheel. Will update once I receive the car.

Stay clear of Giriraj. They are equally pathetic in sales as well as service.

Only once did I let them service my car and it came back with missing charger cover and changed antenna (faulty of course). Didn't notice in time as I was relocating.

Then what options do people in Gurgaon have? Giriraj is the only service station in Gurgaon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v_2rahjo (Post 3538746)
Then what options do people in Gurgaon have? Giriraj is the only service station in Gurgaon.

Bit of a pain, but I prefer going to Fahrenheit Moti Nagar. I've tried them thrice and see them improving a bit each time. Much better experience and relatively better service advisors.

Usual efforts to add things that you don't need are always there but I go after reading the service manual.

Recurring and VERY irritating problem on the Laura. Typical faint rattling/vibrating sounds coming from around the rear seat/ boot area on even slightly less than perfect road surfaces. ( to describe the racket perfectly it sounds like the boot hasnt properly been shut causing it to vibrate but trust me it isnt that )

Even concrete surfaces dont quite cut it, the annoying vibration is relentless. Only on perfect tar surfaces is it silent. Iv also noticed that there is an odd drive when there is absolutely no rattle or disturbance but make no mistake 95% of the times its there to irritate.

Iv so far - stuck the rear reg plate in place with double sided tape & screws were anyways there, REMOVED the rear parcel tray and kept it in the boot as many told me that is the culprit , pulled the central armrest down and checked for vibrations around the hard plastic thats inside the arm-rest enclosure.

The dam racket JUST DOESNT GO ! Please help. Do i need to hammer the whole dam thing down ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo (Post 3538808)
Recurring and VERY irritating problem on the Laura. Typical faint rattling/vibrating sounds coming from around the rear seat/ boot area on even slightly less than perfect road surfaces. ( to describe the racket perfectly it sounds like the boot hasnt properly been shut causing it to vibrate but trust me it isnt that )

Even concrete surfaces dont quite cut it, the annoying vibration is relentless. Only on perfect tar surfaces is it silent. Iv also noticed that there is an odd drive when there is absolutely no rattle or disturbance but make no mistake 95% of the times its there to irritate.

Iv so far - stuck the rear reg plate in place with double sided tape & screws were anyways there, REMOVED the rear parcel tray and kept it in the boot as many told me that is the culprit , pulled the central armrest down and checked for vibrations around the hard plastic thats inside the arm-rest enclosure.

The dam racket JUST DOESNT GO ! Please help. Do i need to hammer the whole dam thing down ?

Have you checked the tool kit? Since its a notch back, noises from the boot filter into the cabin. Try removing it once and see if the noise goes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoshbhat (Post 3538988)
Have you checked the tool kit? Since its a notch back, noises from the boot filter into the cabin. Try removing it once and see if the noise goes.

Unlikely since iv been able to source the racket from the parcel-tray/rear seat area itself.

Had it been from the tool kit i would assume the rattling wouldnt have been as faint but anyway i will try this out too. At this point im willing to try anything. Stupid thing refuses to stop.

Thanks & do suggest any other alternatives just incase this doesnt help.