Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2015, 18:37   #856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
did they have to open the Dashboard to fix this, i dont want the rattles:(

I checked from my SA while getting it fixed. He said the dashboard does not need to be opened. It's just the air vents on it that they tweak. This was done free of cost during my 2nd service I guess.
Old 12th August 2015, 09:45   #857
BHPian

re: Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
I checked from my SA while getting it fixed. He said the dashboard does not need to be opened. It's just the air vents on it that they tweak. This was done free of cost during my 2nd service I guess.
thanks, which service center and SA name if you remember, ill check out with him
Old 12th August 2015, 15:25   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
thanks, which service center and SA name if you remember, ill check out with him

Giriraj Motors - gurgaon

I think the SA was either Mr Sanjay or Mr Jitendra
v_2rahjo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 16:37   #859
BHPian

Finally got the car today morning. Guess what! As rightly suggested by Gannu_1 to check the fuse. It was the culprit and they replaced it. But the bigger question is they charged INR 4242 as labour of contact wire sending harness. Upon questioning the SA Vikram at Giriraj Motors Gurgaon. He said sir we have repaired the wiring harness otherwise the actual cost of harness is INR 2.5 lacs of only one side of the car. I was shocked to see the bill as well as listening to the cost of harness. Anyway, the major concern is that I won't get to know if they actual repaired something in the harness.
Old 12th August 2015, 18:28   #860
BHPian

Seacat

sorry for the late reply. Was an ABS sensor again. this time was a rear wheel. Costed around 3.5K including labour.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
Hi Desmodromic, Any update on your ABS issue. Was it the wheel sensors. Cost ??
My2010 Laura (57000 km) had the same problem this morning. Gotta take it to the ASS tomorrow. Just paid 75K last month for the darn CRDi system now.....
Old 13th August 2015, 22:45   #861
BHPian

My Laura TSI Ambi, it has some strange issue. Whenever i operate side view mirror contol both mirror operates at same time. When i keep the control towards "R" and operate both right and left mirror moves. Any suggestion or tip to fix this??

-Mukesh
Old 13th August 2015, 22:47   #862
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
My Laura TSI Ambi, it has some strange issue. Whenever i operate side view mirror contol both mirror operates at same time. When i keep the control towards "R" and operate both right and left mirror moves. Any suggestion or tip to fix this??

-Mukesh
This is not a malfunction, the system is working as designed. Kindly go through the owner's manual for details.
Old 13th August 2015, 22:49   #863
BHPian

Quote:

-Mukesh
Pardon my ignorence, its how the side view mirror operatea, keeping control in "R" position operates both mirror but "L" operates only left side mirror. Just found out its the functionality ..
muke31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 07:48   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Pardon my ignorence, its how the side view mirror operatea, keeping control in "R" position operates both mirror but "L" operates only left side mirror. Just found out its the functionality ..

There is an option in MFD settings menu to operate right side only or both mirrors together when you keep the selector mode in "R" position. If this menu is missing from the MFD settings menu, it could be done using VCDS. But I think you'll find it in your MFD settings itself.
Old 18th August 2015, 12:56   #865
BHPian

Mine is Laura 1.8 TSI -(Ambition) 2011 Mfg, i want to change the brake pads to Tarox, i found this brake pad online but not sure about the size of the disc., there are three sizes mentioned - 280, 288 and 312 MM. please can anyone let me know the right size and also if this price is OK to buy?

http://www.awesomegti.com/car/skoda/...da-octavia-mk2

-MUKESH
Old 31st August 2015, 13:22   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
Giriraj Motors - gurgaon

I think the SA was either Mr Sanjay or Mr Jitendra
Thanks to all of you, i was able to get in touch with Sanjay.

The fix is nothing but a jugaad using a square cardboard piece. The same is inserted once the front vents are removed (the front vent + center storage is one piece and pryies out easily)

its a 5 min job and works perfectly.
Old 4th September 2015, 13:10   #867
BHPian

okay - another issue now spotted, the front driver window is screaching as it goes up or down. I tried all tricks (Beading, WD 40) as i had the Vento earlier. I am not sure if the sound is coming from the guide rails. Its definatly not coming from the winding motor. The sound is also Weather dependent, cooler temperature makes it screach less (or even totally stop screaching) while in sun - it really screached.

After researching - it seems this is a common issue in Laura/Octavia II.

any solutions?
Old 4th September 2015, 17:26   #868
BHPian

I am also facing the same screeching issue after I got my Laura serviced at Giriraj motors recently. It wasn't there earlier and they are not ready to admit that they did something wrong.
Old 13th September 2015, 20:53   #869
BHPian

Guys if any one of you have screwed up there Byte 18 for the laura (in the Module 09) CECM using the VCDS, the default OEM code for the same is 38
Old 5th October 2015, 11:34   #870
BHPian

Hi all

Need to change my brake pads in 2010 Skoda Laura 2.0tdi MT(75kms). This is my second change. The last time I got it done it was with the ASS when my car was under warranty.

Now am sending it to a Bosch service center for service and repair. The chief mechanic at the Bosch service centre is sugesting ROLLAND brake pads over Bosch or Delphi.

Have any of you used the above brands on your laura? Do any of you know what the OEM brand is on the Laura? Is it PAGID? If so what do these pads normally cost?

Most Viewed