Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2017, 22:09   #1096
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by srgntpepper View Post
Hi Everybody

Have a 2000 Laura TSI 56000KM on the clock.

Getting the following faults.
They go away if erased, but come back a month or so later..

No discernible change in performance or temperatures.

Any suggestions on what the problem/s might be?

2 Faults Found:
006439 - Relay for Aux Coolant Pump (J496)*
************** P1927 - 000 - Open Circuit

001089 - EVAP Emission Control Sys*
************** P0441 - 000 - Incorrect Flow - Intermittent

Thanks in advance
These sound like loose/ corroded connections
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 09:39   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek24x View Post
3. I've got hold of some spares of Superb TSi. Which I'm planning to get installed in my car. The Steering wheel with paddle shifters, Bolero audio system & maxidot display. Can any fellow Bhpian from NCR help me with the coding of the Bolero system and multi functional steering wheel with paddle shifters?

Hi Abhishek,

Did you install the Bolero? Can you please share the images? I was told Bolero is 100% compatible replacement for Swing but needs change of the console for mounting.
Old 11th October 2017, 09:45   #1098
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Hi Abhishek,

Did you install the Bolero? Can you please share the images? I was told Bolero is 100% compatible replacement for Swing but needs change of the console for mounting.
Jacs, get the Skoda equivalent of the RCD 330+ with the green backlit buttons and the Skoda startup screen. The Bolero is very old now and requires a dedicated BT unit and a separate mic. The new unit has a very slick touchscreen display and zero mechanical parts as there's no CD changer.

The only downside with this system is, you don't get information on the MFD of the cluster except for caller info.

Do check this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ion-guide.html

Just a tip.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 12:01   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Just a tip.
Thanks Gannu. I am in the exact same boat as the below thread. So 330+ should work fine for a easy swap with Swing.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ad-unit-2.html

Let me explore more in coming days.
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 19:17   #1100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Jacs, get the Skoda equivalent of the RCD 330+ with the green backlit buttons and the Skoda startup screen. The Bolero is very old now and requires a dedicated BT unit and a separate mic. The new unit has a very slick touchscreen display and zero mechanical parts as there's no CD changer.

The only downside with this system is, you don't get information on the MFD of the cluster except for caller info.

Do check this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ion-guide.html

Just a tip.
@gannu_1 This is interesting I am looking for something like this which can replace swing and work well but really skeptical if any issue would crop up. So can you please let me know if RCD 330 Plus can fit exactly in Laura and it wont have any issues for installation.

Thanks for your help.

Here is a Head unit I am a looking for.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BODE...d-910e562a6ee4

Last edited by sameerpb : 11th October 2017 at 19:19.
Old 25th October 2017, 19:02   #1101
BHPian

Hi,

How much would a 2010 Skoda Laura TSI with an ODO reading of 20,000 km be worth?

Thanks,
Old 26th October 2017, 14:53   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post
Hi,

How much would a 2010 Skoda Laura TSI with an ODO reading of 20,000 km be worth?

Thanks,
You should be able to get it for INR 3.5 - 4 lacs depending on condition
ricky_1605 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 23:43   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Hi Abhishek,

Hi Jacks I wasn't able to get the security code of the system. I would have tried working on it but I was a bit busy these days so this project has been postponed for a while.

Regards
Abhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post
Hi,

Thanks,
Don't know about Visakhapatnam but here in Delhi/NCR Petrol Lauras have disastrous resale values. I've seen a number of cars of 2011-2012 vintage with good bodyline, odo reading less than 50k kms and with genuine service record available under 3L.

P.S.
20k kms seem unrealistic for a 7 year old car. Verify the complete service history of the car; atleast the last 2-3 visits.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th October 2017 at 08:48. Reason: Back to back posts.
abhishek24x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 09:37   #1104
BANNED

I did a DIY job last week by upgrading head light switch to Auto head light. I ordered a switch from Ali express and installed the same on my own. The sensor was installed on A Pillar facing windshield.

The only concern i had illumination lights were red and skoda has everything in green but thats fine for me.

here are some pictures for the upgrade.

Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread-img_8491.jpg

Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread-img_8486.jpg

Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread-img_8487.jpg

Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread-img_8489.jpg
sameerpb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 19:39   #1105
BHPian

The ABS light in my 2012 Laura TSi is lit-up and the ASS has informed me that the ABS speed sensors are the culprit. However they don't have the sensors in stock and have requested me to get the car next week.
In the mean time before I give it, I wanted to run a diagnostic and confirm which sensor isn't working as they had changed the Right Front one just 3 months back.
Would be glad if any good Samaritan in Mumbai would help me with the VCDS cable & SW to enable me to know which sensor has gone kaput.
Alternatively is there any physical store from where this cable & SW can be procured?
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Old 9th November 2017, 11:45   #1106
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
The ABS light in my 2012 Laura TSi is lit-up and the ASS has informed me that the ABS speed sensors are the culprit. However they don't have the sensors in stock and have requested me to get the car next week.
In the mean time before I give it, I wanted to run a diagnostic and confirm which sensor isn't working as they had changed the Right Front one just 3 months back.
Would be glad if any good Samaritan in Mumbai would help me with the VCDS cable & SW to enable me to know which sensor has gone kaput.
Alternatively is there any physical store from where this cable & SW can be procured?

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Primary reason for ABS light is sensor, if the light is yellow. I have replaced all the sensors recently of my Laura. Alternative to VCDS is WiFi OBD II scanner and that can detect the error with the free software on phone, scanner can cost you 700-1000RS on Amazon.
If you are in western suburbs I can lend you my OBD II scanner

While in research I found Aliexpress has abs sensor for $10 where as ASS sells the same at RS 3500. If ASS is saying 3 months then you can source the same from it would be faster.
sameerpb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 16:56   #1107
BHPian

The right rear wheel ABS sensor was the culprit which was causing the malfunction. However to avoid any issues I changed all the 4 sensors as recommended by the ASS. There are no issues in the last 24 hours & I even tested the ABS and Traction Control on an open isolated stretch of road and both worked as desired.
I have 1 more query. The car has done about 26XXX km and is still on the original set of tyres. The front tyres are showing signs of aging but the rear one's have life for at least another 10K km. The only issue is they are 2011 manufactured (but don't seem to have become hard) hence I am wondering if I should retain the rear tyres and change only the front 2 or change all 4.
Also if I buy 2 new tyres should they go in front or rear? I am asking this as I recently saw a video where they recommend always putting new tyres at the rear and NOT in the front. I was always under the impression that the front tyres need to be new as they handle much more stress due to turning.
Old 11th November 2017, 18:43   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
I have 1 more query. The car has done about 26XXX km and is still on the original set of tyres. The front tyres are showing signs of aging but the rear one's have life for at least another 10K km. The only issue is they are 2011 manufactured (but don't seem to have become hard) hence I am wondering if I should retain the rear tyres and change only the front 2 or change all 4.
Also if I buy 2 new tyres should they go in front or rear? I am asking this as I recently saw a video where they recommend always putting new tyres at the rear and NOT in the front. I was always under the impression that the front tyres need to be new as they handle much more stress due to turning.
i was in the exact same situation with my TSI, at 26K the tyres were not in good shape. Changed all 4 to Michelin PS3. However if you buy just 2 new, they should go in the rear to avoid oversteer.
10k life is not much & they are quite aged, suggest you change all 4 & enjoy the grip.

Last edited by raihan : 11th November 2017 at 18:45.
Old 15th November 2017, 14:56   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Just to update that after so many deliberations on buying from Skoda, Vagtune, android from aliexpress; I ordered RCD330G Plus from AliExpress. Probably the cheapest I could find in recent past. This is red light which is not a major worry for me if it functions flawlessly. No reverse cam ordered or planned. It comes with Canbus adapter as well.

Facia also needs change as the size is different from that of existing Swing. Expecting delivery by early December.

I dream to do it as DIY with my friendly garage for SOS .
Old 16th November 2017, 14:15   #1110
BHPian

I am planning to change the halogen bulb in the eyebrow above the headlight in my Skoda Laura to a LED. I would like to know if there will be any issues in doing so and would be glad if anyone who has already done so shares their experience.
The Laura came with Halogen projectors, will plonking a HID in place of the bulb create any issues? I am aware that the projectors for halogens are quite small compared to the one's used for HID's but I don't want to open the headlights especially since this is an out of production car and if anything happens to the headlights it will be an expensive piece to replace.

Most Viewed