Team-BHP - Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/47047-skoda-laura-problems-solutions-thread-82.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parthasarathig (Post 4468519)
Contact mr. vikas of SparesNCare at this number +91 98999 62233. He seems to be stocking almost every part for the Laura and if it isn’t in stock, he will somehow procure it. And he does home delivery / shipping.

He's charging 3,700 a piece not much difference from Skoda service center's 4K quote.
Am tempted to order from here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...LFOCKWCW&psc=1
Is this the right one?
Total landed cost is 111$ for 4 coils.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raihan (Post 4471291)
He's charging 3,700 a piece not much difference =1[/url]
Is this the right one?
Total landed cost is 111$ for 4 coils.

Hi Usually most of the modders are upgrading to R8 ignition coils which seem to be more consistent in the long run. Found a few links from ECS tuning.
1. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assemble...02598ecs09akt/
2. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...e0971824s~oee/

Im not sure if the audi dealership at your place will help you out with the r8 ignition coils sourcing.

Ill let the experts discuss / guide us further regarding this.

Oil pump failure on the TSI. Could not have come at a worse time.
the failure starved the cams of oil. Camshafts are salvaged with a bit of polish. Luckily caught it early even there was no warning light. Crank and bearings are fine. But a couple of cam journals are beyond machining. As I have the whole thing opened up, I will be changing the valves and seats too.
Now main issue is cylinder head. Skoda guys are straight up saying to replace the whole engine which for obvious reasons I am not going to do.
Can anyone here guide me to finding a cylinder head? barebone new or used any kind. Also will be interested if I can get an engine from any scrapyard or used part dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanmay324 (Post 4438975)
No I haven't shown it to ASC. It's at my trusted workshop.

Tanmay can you share details of the workshop managing your car. I find my current workshop expensive and want to switch to someone new. I visit Nasik often and don't mind if the workshop is located there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenoval (Post 4474138)
Tanmay can you share details of the workshop managing your car. I find my current workshop expensive and want to switch to someone new. I visit Nasik often and don't mind if the workshop is located there.

Hi, sorry for late response. I maintain my cars at Silver services owned by Rohit Gajjar. It's near Sethi compound, shingada talav.
I have also heard good things about SS autos at Mumbai naka

Hi.

Currently I m using Shell Helix 5w40 in my TSi. Still noticing a bit of oil consumption every 1500-2000 kms.

Since the Great Indian festival has started, on amazon and flipkart, a lot of engine oils and engine oil additives are being sold on massive discounts. Especially Liqui moly brand.

Liqui Moly Cerratec Rs 2040

Liqui Moly Toptec 4100 5w40 Rs 3780

Liqui Moly Molygen Rs 2890

Liqui Moly Synthoil 10w60 Rs 5178

Most of the reviews of Liqui Moly ceratec have been with the TDi engines on these Skodas.
1. Has anyone tried Cera tec in the Tsi engine?
2. If so, which oil did you choose to go along with it?
3. How has the experience been so far? Any issues with the engine oil or ceratec?
4. Since I feel the oil sometimes runs very thin, will 10w60 be a good alternative for highway runs at constant 3 digit speeds? Im worried about the lubricity of the 5w40 at such constant high engine revs.

@ricky_1605 top tec seems to be semi synthetic. How long does it usually last in your car? And have you noticed any increase / decrease in the oil consumption?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parthasarathig (Post 4489353)
Hi.

Currently I m using Shell Helix 5w40 in my TSi. Still noticing a bit of oil consumption every 1500-2000 kms.

Since the Great Indian festival has started, on amazon and flipkart, a lot of engine oils and engine oil additives are being sold on massive discounts. Especially Liqui moly brand.

Liqui Moly Cerratec Rs 2040

Liqui Moly Toptec 4100 5w40 Rs 3780

Liqui Moly Molygen Rs 2890

Liqui Moly Synthoil 10w60 Rs 5178

Most of the reviews of Liqui Moly ceratec have been with the TDi engines on these Skodas.
1. Has anyone tried Cera tec in the Tsi engine?
2. If so, which oil did you choose to go along with it?
3. How has the experience been so far? Any issues with the engine oil or ceratec?
4. Since I feel the oil sometimes runs very thin, will 10w60 be a good alternative for highway runs at constant 3 digit speeds? Im worried about the lubricity of the 5w40 at such constant high engine revs.

@ricky_1605 top tec seems to be semi synthetic. How long does it usually last in your car? And have you noticed any increase / decrease in the oil consumption?

I get my car serviced every 10k kms and there has been reduction in oil level. Mine is a 1.9 PD engine with 1.35 lacs on Odo.

I am planning to install LED Tail lamp (Complete light assembly) for my 2013 Laura. After bit of Googling I could find couple of options, one in local Karol Bagh market and another one at Aliexpress.

Surprisingly, Aliexpress is selling it for 5K more than what I am getting here in Delhi. Aliexpress price is 25k, there are many options available but my liking is more towards the variant which is transparent and smoked. Pictures as below for reference;

I would really appreciate, if my queries can be answered.

1. Are they worth spending 20k ?
2. Would the plastic/fiber get fade after couple of years, if car is parked in open parking for long hours?
3. Probability of getting Can-bus error on MID?
4. How reliable Chinese LED's are, chances of led's conking?
5. Any other alternate to this which can be looked at?

Web link for both the products are as enclosed;

http://www.mxsmotosport.com/mxstl58-...t_source=yfret

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/JGD-...e-983a0c3e6c1e

Quote:

Originally Posted by varoon9999 (Post 4495101)

1. Are they worth spending 20k ?
2. Would the plastic/fiber get fade after couple of years, if car is parked in open parking for long hours?
3. Probability of getting Can-bus error on MID?
4. How reliable Chinese LED's are, chances of led's conking?
5. Any other alternate to this which can be looked at?

Hi Ive been seeing these similar tail lights with one of my colleagues since past 3 years. On asking him about it, he can only clarify a few things.
1. he had got for 30k back then, from a local accesories shop.
2. as of now there is no fading seen. car is parked for 9-10 hours in the open area
3. no such errors in his car, but he only remembers it as plug n play, no wire cutting etc. He is not much sure if any scanning / removal of codes was done, but since the install he hasn't had any issue.
4. the LEDs haven't shown any failure, but i think they are from taiwan.
5. no answer for this.

I would recommend getting these from a local seller, who will provide support later on, in the event these things happen to fail. There is no guarantee, that it wont fail though. Which is why the suggestion to procure locally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parthasarathig (Post 4495344)
Hi Ive been seeing these similar tail lights with one of my colleagues since past 3 years. On asking him about it, he can only clarify a few things.
1. he had got for 30k back then, from a local accesories shop.
2. as of now there is no fading seen. car is parked for 9-10 hours in the open area
3. no such errors in his car, but he only remembers it as plug n play, no wire cutting etc. He is not much sure if any scanning / removal of codes was done, but since the install he hasn't had any issue.
4. the LEDs haven't shown any failure, but i think they are from taiwan.
5. no answer for this.

I would recommend getting these from a local seller, who will provide support later on, in the event these things happen to fail. There is no guarantee, that it wont fail though. Which is why the suggestion to procure locally.

Dear Parthasarathig,
Thanks for prompt revert!!
This gives me confidence to take a plunge, as rightly said buying them locally surely make sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by varoon9999 (Post 4495571)
Dear Parthasarathig,
Thanks for prompt revert!!
This gives me confidence to take a plunge, as rightly said buying them locally surely make sense.

No problem varoon9999. You can also contact car modz online shop at +91 9818522582. I think they are placed in Delhi. He has lots of these taiwanese mods, as I was searching for my car also. Maybe you can meet them in person and check out. Always better that way in case of online transactions.
Looking forward to seeing the lights on your car.

Can someone tell me if I can use Wurth coolant in my Skoda Laura? Or is there a better option available?
I do not wish to go to the service center just for this.

Thx.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raihan (Post 4514602)
Can someone tell me if I can use Wurth coolant in my Skoda Laura? Or is there a better option available?
I do not wish to go to the service center just for this.

Thx.

Wurth is pretty good. I've been using that since the time I'm unable to source the Glysantin G30.

So my TSI has been running fine. But lately there is an oil pressure warning light. It flashes sometimes when starting the car. Flashes twice or thrice with beeps and goes away.
Happens only sometimes. And doesn't turn up any while driving. I have checked oil and the switches.
any inputs for this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanmay324 (Post 4517960)
So my TSI has been running fine. But lately there is an oil pressure warning light. It flashes sometimes when starting the car. Flashes twice or thrice with beeps and goes away.
Happens only sometimes. And doesn't turn up any while driving. I have checked oil and the switches.
any inputs for this?

I would suspect the following

1: Faulty oil pressure sensor or loose / corroded connections which may to pick up signals when cold.
2: Weak oil pump
3: Oil viscosity might be too thick for winter causing oil to take a while to flow.