Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2008, 23:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

While checking the NGK site one thing I found that BKR6E is what recommended for Baleno. But currently I'm using BKR6E-11 which is actually for Grand Vitara. Now I'm confused totally, I guess I was using the wrong part all these days.
Old 10th October 2008, 23:57   #17
BHPian

@kaushik: I recently changed my Baleno's plugs to NGK, I got them from Psycho. Please don't go for plugs provided by the service center, they are no good, have changed them thrice.

Hellcat.
Old 11th October 2008, 00:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I recently got original NGK BKR6EGP, G Power spark plugs from their distributor in Chandigarh. I looked up the distributor from their site at NGK . I paid Rs. 675 for a set of 4 with a proper bill. These are officially recommended for Baleno BSII and BS III models.

The spark plugs are really good. Quick starts and excellent performance. I have also noticed a considerable improvement in power and mileage. The car is eager to move and remains smooth throughout.

I was running champion earlier which were replaced by MASS during a regular service, since then I had very rough idle and a very much noticeable vibration in the car during idling. I cleaned the plugs myself, adjusted the gap as per specifications but to no avail. Finally I decided to change to G Power and I am very happy with their performance.

I would suggest you look up the authorized dealer / distributor from their site and go ahead and buy the G Power series. They are the same as iridium but use a Platinum tip instead of the Iridium tip.

Hope that helps.

Manik
Old 11th October 2008, 01:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey Thanks Hellcat. Will contact Psycho then. It's the conventional one, right? BKR6E ?

Thanks Manik, I'll try to find out the G Power series, I hope they are available here.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 11th October 2008 at 01:07.
Old 11th October 2008, 10:23   #20
BHPian

I have NGK iridium BKR6EIX in my car.

Those are the best ones I have experienced. Bought from Methods for Rs: 2600/- (with tax - rs:288 - bill). Its supposed to last the lifetime of the vehicle (well, we'll have to see about that !)

One visible change it has bought is - there was a certain lag in the initial torque of the engine below 2000 rpm prominent with the air-conditioner on. After 2000rpm the lag suddenly reduces & you can feel the car pulling well. I have noticed this in Wagon R too which has a similar Distributor-less system.

With the NGK iridium, the torque lag has reduced considerably & the power delivery is more linear.
Old 11th October 2008, 10:57   #21
BHPian

Kaushik: BKR6E is the recommended plug for Baleno. I ordered from www.sparkplus.com. Its just $2.42 per plug. I wanted BKR7E so thats why I ordered from US. Shipping charges were more than the plug cost, since I ordered only two sets. I did not know others were also looking because when I was searching I did not see any interest otherwise I would have brought in some more sets. It would not have cost much more.

If Optra uses the same set then u can give it a try. But last I heard even the GM person did not have stock of the plugs.

From my search I found you get NGK, Champion, Bosch, Lumax,Denso plugs for the baleno. I can post Model numbers if you want.
Old 11th October 2008, 12:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi Eapen, thanks for the review of Iridium but currently I would like to try the conventional ones. Called up methods and they stock only iridium ones.

Thanks Crazydiablo, would appreciate if you can post the model numbers of the other spark plugs also.

Just now after some cross references (Mandovi->Essar Automotive->Car Automobiles) found that one place called Car Automobiles in JC road have NGK plugs, and they have Denso also (price quoted was Rs 150 per plug). Is it advisible to buy from these places. I'm anyway planning to check it out there also.
Regards,
Old 11th October 2008, 23:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,
After all this searching and running around found some NGK plugs. Bought a set of 4 BKR6E from Car Automobiles, JC Road. They've also provided me a bill for that. Each plug cost Rs. 80/-.. Kind of found them quite cheap and hence was bit apprehensive. But seems to be genuine (I hope so), it even have the V-grooves as mentioned in the NGK website.
Also bought a set of 4 Denso's (K20PR-U) also. These cost me Rs. 150/- per piece. Now I'm bit confused about which ones to use, NGK's or Denso's.
Old 12th October 2008, 08:58   #24
BHPian

hi kaushik ,
i've got a chevy optra 1.6 and i use the same plugs what ur baleno requires. BKR6E-11. i got the NGK ones that were made in India. somewhere in haryana and they costs the same 80/= per unit. is this the same thing that u have purchased? and put in the OEM plugs as i believe that if you have a stock ride then one should always go for the manufacturer recommended products and spares.
well this is my opinion
tkc cheers.
Old 12th October 2008, 09:36   #25
BHPian

Part Numbers for all Vehicles

Here is a list for NGK Spark Plug.
Attached Files
File Type: xls NGK IMS MRP-RPL2 Price List (REVISED).xls (31.0 KB, 2106 views)
Old 12th October 2008, 09:56   #26
BHPian

ok point to note here changing the spark plug to iridiums platinums or even multi points is not actually a performance upgrade technically. it is only a change for better combustion. rare metal plugs are more resistant to deposits and fouling because of air fuel problems. also they tend to have a slightly clearer spark because of low deposit collection.
multipoint plugs work on the basis that if one point is covered the others will continue to function. in physics we learn that electricity will find the shortest route to earth which would be the point with the least resistance.
i have a platinum plug on my kine and my mom's scooty even there the difference is noticeable. better and faster starts and better burning. thats the ONLY difference that spark plugs make.
Old 12th October 2008, 13:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
hi kaushik ,
i've got a chevy optra 1.6 and i use the same plugs what ur baleno requires. BKR6E-11. i got the NGK ones that were made in India. somewhere in haryana and they costs the same 80/= per unit. is this the same thing that u have purchased? and put in the OEM plugs as i believe that if you have a stock ride then one should always go for the manufacturer recommended products and spares.
well this is my opinion
tkc cheers.
For Baleno it's actually BKR6E not BKR6E-11. Yeah, the price is same and yogisays0909's list it seems that NGK has changed the prices.
These plugs are imported from Japan by NGK india, Haryana. They are still made in Japan only.
NGK used to come as OEM part for Baleno (as SGP) but now Maruti is using only Champion.
Valhallen, I tried to find out NGK's GP series (the one with the platinum tips) but couldn't find them. May be will try next time.
Anyway, have put the plugs(NGK one's, will use the Denso's for next change may be) today and going for a tankfull, let's see how is the result. Already the car is running quite smooth after the Engine oil change and the pick up has also increased a lot. Now with the new plugs I hope things will become better.
Regards,
Kaushik

PS : Anyone looking for NGK BKR6E can contact Car Automobiles, JC road. Ph. no.- 08026706476 .. Dunno the contact person's name.
Old 15th November 2008, 22:24   #28
BHPian

Today I got 4 pieces of NGK G-Power DCPR7EGP for Maruti WagonR @200 each MRP with bill, total 800 from the official distributor in Delhi.
Old 20th August 2010, 21:11   #29
udy
BHPian

Reviving a old thread Planning to change the sparkplugs on my Baleno, looking around for the GPower series. Contacted Acura on Lalbagh-JC Road junction in Bangalore, seems they dont have stock, but promised to get a few by next week. Was actually looking for OWS Iridium plugs, but the website does not list them now. Guess they have stopped.Which ones would you recommend? NGK GPower/Iridium or OWS Iridium.
Old 21st August 2010, 00:30   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikahuja View Post
Hi,

I recently got original NGK BKR6EGP, G Power spark plugs from their distributor in Chandigarh. I looked up the distributor from their site at NGK .
Could you please give contact info or location of the dealer. Couldnotget the map on theirsite to work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks