Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 23:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Are NGK spark plugs for Baleno not available in Bangalore?

During the service of my Car which was done last week I had to change the spark plugs also. But the service center had only Champion spark plugs which I didn't want to use. I've been using NGK plugs as they come default for Baleno's(correct me if I'm wrong). Also some of the mechanics even told me that Champions have problems of mis-firing, not sure how true it is. [and another one told me that even Bosch ones have the same problem]
Anyway I thought I'll change to NGK only and told them to get the NGK's day. In the mean time I tried to find out if they are available in any other service center but to my surprise I'm yet to find NGK plugs (BKR6E-11) for Baleno. I still have the old spark plug's cover and it's MGP so I think it should be available with Maruti, right? Or can it be the case that they've stopped sourcing parts for Baleno (which seems very unlikely) ?
Would appreciate if anyone can point me to some MASS in bangalore who may have these plugs. Also what other options do I have incase I don't find NGK's ? Denso ? Bosch? anyone have any experience with these plugs and I'm talking about normal spark plugs not the iridium or platinum tipped one's.
Regards,
Old 8th October 2008, 09:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

kaushik gimme time till this weekend. Will check and call you back if its available.
Old 8th October 2008, 09:26   #3
BHPian

contact hellcat . he replaced the spark plugs last week .And i think he bought NGK plugs . just check with him.
Old 8th October 2008, 11:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

If Familiar with Narayan Pillai street goto RJ enterprises he can get you ngk plugs. come down kamaraj road, pass commercial street take first right after that shop is about 100m down on the right
Old 8th October 2008, 12:03   #5
BHPian

Why don't you try using Bosch spark-plug's I have them in my opel car's and they are very good.

I don't know if its advisable for maruti.
Old 8th October 2008, 12:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
kaushik gimme time till this weekend. Will check and call you back if its available.
Thanks a ton Riju, that'll be really great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider77 View Post
contact hellcat . he replaced the spark plugs last week .And i think he bought NGK plugs . just check with him.
Will send him an PM, thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
If Familiar with Narayan Pillai street goto RJ enterprises he can get you ngk plugs. come down kamaraj road, pass commercial street take first right after that shop is about 100m down on the right
Not familiar with the place but will try to find out this weekend. Do you have any contact number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by humm View Post
Why don't you try using Bosch spark-plug's I have them in my opel car's and they are very good.
I don't know if its advisable for maruti.
I thought about it but some mechanics told me against it. May be some issue with Baleno engine. Are you using the multipoint one? How much do they cost?
Old 8th October 2008, 12:34   #7
Team-BHP Support

Ensure you are getting the original NGK's, they have changed the packaging and stuff to help identify genuine product. If not go with the ones which MUL sells, at the end of the day, it will also give you 98% satisfaction levels. Bosh also are supposed to be good. And on a stock ride dont waste money with iridium viridium stuff.

Dont run around with worn out plugs though (even if they were cleaned), since it can cause undue strain and carbon depositing.
Old 8th October 2008, 12:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

You can also use NIPPONDENSO K20PR-U, in case its available, as good if not better than NGK BKR6E
Old 8th October 2008, 12:57   #9

Hi
I use Ngk on my baleno ..It works great I but my head unit is different i know a model that works for a stock car..Will post it by the end of the day. I know a dealer who sell original plugs if you want i can give his contact we are in hyderabad..If it works you can buy it NGK is wht i have in all my cars also my indica xeta it rocks if money is no problem and you want a better set of plugs buy ngk iridium..they are perfect in baleno i drove it in the exibision race in manglore they were kicking...
Old 8th October 2008, 13:33   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
I thought about it but some mechanics told me against it. May be some issue with Baleno engine. Are you using the multipoint one? How much do they cost?
I have heard they are one of the best and heavy duty spark-plug's. I have bosch 2 pin spark-plug in my opel.

Spark-plug's are available in 1 pin, 2 pin, 4 pin, it depends on the car and engine.
Old 8th October 2008, 15:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Ensure you are getting the original NGK's, they have changed the packaging and stuff to help identify genuine product. If not go with the ones which MUL sells, at the end of the day, it will also give you 98% satisfaction levels. Bosh also are supposed to be good. And on a stock ride dont waste money with iridium viridium stuff.

Dont run around with worn out plugs though (even if they were cleaned), since it can cause undue strain and carbon depositing.
The one I've changed on 20k servicing came with a yellow color packaging with MGP stickers. But I think new ones comes in white MGP packets (Seen NGK BKR7E which the MASS guys got it by mistake, they are smaller threads). And no way I'm going for Iridium and all. Actually have long back decided against all these performance mods. For me those fraction of a second improvement doesn't have much meaning.
I'm not feeling like going for the Champion plugs as the mechanics themselves are not very inclined to put them on my Baleno (they know how finicky I'm about the car).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
You can also use NIPPONDENSO K20PR-U, in case its available, as good if not better than NGK BKR6E
Yeah, the guys at MASS told me that they'll get Denso if they don't get NGK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik6202 View Post
Hi
I use Ngk on my baleno ..It works great I but my head unit is different i know a model that works for a stock car..Will post it by the end of the day. I know a dealer who sell original plugs if you want i can give his contact we are in hyderabad..If it works you can buy it NGK is wht i have in all my cars also my indica xeta it rocks if money is no problem and you want a better set of plugs buy ngk iridium..they are perfect in baleno i drove it in the exibision race in manglore they were kicking...
For stock cars it's BKR6E-11 and that's what I'm using now but seems unavailable. Nope, no plans for Iridium at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humm View Post
I have heard they are one of the best and heavy duty spark-plug's. I have bosch 2 pin spark-plug in my opel.

Spark-plug's are available in 1 pin, 2 pin, 4 pin, it depends on the car and engine.
Seems like many are suggesting Bosch, lemme find out if these guys can source that.
Old 8th October 2008, 15:34   #12
BHPian

You can find the part number for NGK plugs here also

NGK Partfinder for Four Wheelers
Old 10th October 2008, 22:03   #13
BHPian

I missed this thread. In the past two months I have exhausted all spark plug options for the baleno.

I tried champions, car was not running really smooth. Bought a set from JC road and they did not even look like originals.

Put in the Denso K20PR-U, car seemed much smoother. I think this is the best bet available.

Searched Pratham, Bimal, Mandovi, Solar and a couple of other shops for NGKs. They dont have NGKs for the baleno. Searched the whole of JC road but they dont have BKR6E or anything higher.

Iridiums are easily available, BKR6EIX is your number. I found them in many shops.

Finally I gave up and ordered from US. It has just landed this week.
Old 10th October 2008, 22:23   #14
Senior - BHPian

thanks Shakensoul, I've the part no but it's not at all available it seems.
Crazydiablo, well I'm also going through the same phase, searching all over the places (Bimal, Prithvi, Mandovi etc. etc) but noone seems to have NGK's. Thanks for the Denso referance, will try to find that. Otherwise next target will be to find BOsch plugs.
Also, can you let me know from where and how you've ordered from US? How much were the charges and all? And how much time it took ?
Regards,
Kaushik

EDIT: from the link that Shakensoul posted I've found that Chevvy uses the same plugs for Optra 1.6, Aveo and SRV. So is it possible to source it from GM service centers ? Also Honda City 1.3/1.5 uses the same. Will try these leads now ;-)

Last edited by kaushik_s : 10th October 2008 at 22:28.
Old 10th October 2008, 22:45   #15
BHPian

Man, I'm facing the same problem here!
The MASS guys say that maruti has stopped supplying NGK plugs to them, so they can't even get them on order! Don't have the time to goto bombay and hunt around!

Most Viewed